Informal Clubs Club Talk

Tulsa Unclub

Old 06-09-2009, 06:42 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by j4ck4 View Post
Well Men

It's a sad day in Tulsa. Van got broken into last night no radios or planes in it this morning. Don't know when I'll be able to get moe radios, though I have some planes on the table now, guess I'll be ready when I can afford another radio.
Sorry Jack
You can fly my stuff any time.
I saw on Hobby City's website, that they have a 2.4ghz 4ch radio for $35, and a 6ch for $49. Probably not the best, but they will get you in the air. They both come with a rx, the 4ch is just has servo rev., but the 6ch has dual rates, rev, mixing, v-tail, delta, and maybee expo, its programed thru a computer using a usb link. I'm thinking of getting one just to teach others on.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:02 PM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

Jack if you show up my friend I got a brand new Brewster Buffalo you can fly...come get you some and forget for 5 minutes your mishap.

I share to get you in the air...it's my motto.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Well Men

It's a sad day in Tulsa. Van got broken into last night no radios or planes in it this morning. Don't know when I'll be able to get moe radios, though I have some planes on the table now, guess I'll be ready when I can afford another radio.
Jack you should tell the local hobby shops about the theft, usualy thats the the first place they go, to find out how to use it, or where to sell it.
If you describe your gear to the LHS, they will hold on to it for you, and even call the cops.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Hey thanks men, I'll go by Daves over at Action that would probably where they would go from this area. Thanks for the offer of flight time, still a little scared to fly someone elses planes though as often as I make one point landings with my own. I am working on an f22 though and have an Ar6000 rx for it maybe I can finish it up and borrow a radio to bind with it so I can fly a pack or two.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Dang Jack I hate hear that, there's a couple of Pawn Shops around the area that you may want to check as well.

I will have my loaner combat plane going this weekend and you are more than welcome to it. If you want to come get it early so you can fly it a few times before Saturday just give me a call and you can come pick it up.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:37 PM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

Hey thanks men, I'll go by Daves over at Action that would probably where they would go from this area. Thanks for the offer of flight time, still a little scared to fly someone elses planes though as often as I make one point landings with my own. I am working on an f22 though and have an Ar6000 rx for it maybe I can finish it up and borrow a radio to bind with it so I can fly a pack or two.
I make the offer not worried about dirt landings
Old 06-10-2009, 02:57 AM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Thanks again men, I'll get with you later james. To tired to do anything tonight after laying sod this morning and mowing this evening, try to catch you tomorrow maybe. maybe you could run by and see how I have gotten the shop set up so far. Still got a ways to go, and one of those ways is air conditioning. But as they say that will come too.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:39 AM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Hey Brett

What up?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:08 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Hey Brett

What up?
My planes, if the weather is nice.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Guess I missed you, I thought yu were online last night. Hey, I got good news yesterday. The guy I work for is buying me one today, found a DX6i for $125.00 w/o rx. But thats okay as I have an ar6000 that I got from James back during our big snowstrom.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:49 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Guess I missed you, I thought yu were online last night. Hey, I got good news yesterday. The guy I work for is buying me one today, found a DX6i for $125.00 w/o rx. But thats okay as I have an ar6000 that I got from James back during our big snowstrom.
That sounds like a good deal on the DX6i, but you might check around. I over heard Tom(Grasshopper) telling a guy that you could buy a DX7 new, without a rx for $170. Jack I've used both and the DX7 would be worth the extra $50 if you could find it for that price. You might pm Tom and ask him.
See you Sat. at Bald Eagle.
Brett
Old 06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Just saw your post, already picked up the DX6i. Took out the F22 I finished last night and had a successful maiden flight with her. Read no earth impacts.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Congrats on the maiden Jack

According to USAirnet we should be good to go for Saturday...I can't wait to see the F-22 in action.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Sounds good, is there anyway that I could ride out with you? On top of getting ripped off my van is overheating and, I don't really trust it to drive to Keefer.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:08 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Sure, I'll drive the Suburban so there will be plenty of room.

What do you think is wrong with your van? If it's already overheating it doesn't stand a chance here in a few weeks.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:10 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

So I have been putting off fixing my transmitter since WOOF for fear of messing it up. Looks like I had good reason to be worried...the Optic 6 is dead . For what ever reason I have no LCD screen anymore, the power light comes on but the screen is blank .

I knew I didn't have the skills to be soldering in there but I tried it anyhow. I don't see how I could have messed up the screen but I am at a loss.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:39 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
So I have been putting off fixing my transmitter since WOOF for fear of messing it up. Looks like I had good reason to be worried...the Optic 6 is dead . For what ever reason I have no LCD screen anymore, the power light comes on but the screen is blank .

I knew I didn't have the skills to be soldering in there but I tried it anyhow. I don't see how I could have messed up the screen but I am at a loss.
Time to buy a couple of those $30 2.4ghz radios from Hobby City.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:04 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by surfer dude View Post
Time to buy a couple of those $30 2.4ghz radios from Hobby City.
I was thinking more like a DX6i
Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 PM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

HobbyKing 2.4 radio are very nice well for 30.00 bucks. I use it as my radio in the GWS Airlines plane, making trip after trip with no glitch...it's amazing. I have had the radios for sometime not using them in fear of plane loss, but the GWS Pico was a perfect set up for this test. It passes with flying colors.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:41 PM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

2.4 HK radio in use.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MTPdkYF02A[/media]
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Sure, I'll drive the Suburban so there will be plenty of room.

What do you think is wrong with your van? If it's already overheating it doesn't stand a chance here in a few weeks.
I think it is the radiator, Head of the prison ministry at Victory is trying to locate a vehicle that has een donated to the church. They often give them away after they fix anything that is wrong with them. I've probably put somewhere between $3000 - 5000 in this van in the past 5 years, and I'm just tired of working on it. Not counting the fact it has 204000 miles on it, so, I appreciate the ride. Sorry to hear about the radio.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by LipoPilot View Post
HobbyKing 2.4 radio are very nice well for 30.00 bucks. I use it as my radio in the GWS Airlines plane, making trip after trip with no glitch...it's amazing. I have had the radios for sometime not using them in fear of plane loss, but the GWS Pico was a perfect set up for this test. It passes with flying colors.
I still would like to get one of the $30 HK radios for my combat planes...it's on my wish list.

Originally Posted by LipoPilot View Post
2.4 HK radio in use.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MTPdkYF02A[/media]
That's an awesome video, very entertaining.

I think it is the radiator, Head of the prison ministry at Victory is trying to locate a vehicle that has een donated to the church. They often give them away after they fix anything that is wrong with them. I've probably put somewhere between $3000 - 5000 in this van in the past 5 years, and I'm just tired of working on it. Not counting the fact it has 204000 miles on it, so, I appreciate the ride. Sorry to hear about the radio.
That's the way to do it, drive it until you get tired of working on it and then get a new one. That's how I like to do it anyhow. BTW there is plenty of room in the Burb if your grandson wants to come with us.

I ordered a DX6i this evening. I went out to Model Works first but he tried to convince me that you can not get a DX6i transmitter only. So I came home an ordered one . I want to give those guys my business out there but they never have what I want .

Anyhow I ordered it from the Barn Floor for $140 shipped. It list $149 but when you add it to the cart it shows the sale price as $124.99 + $13 shipping .

http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1149
Old 06-17-2009, 01:35 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Default Bald Eagle report by Lipopilot

LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

Club: AMA 909554

Friends: (16)

I told those I met Saturday in Oklahoma I would not reply about my visit to the Eagles R/C Club in Mounds, Oklahoma until tomorrow or the next day, yesterday was my day..today was family. Anyhow here is my highlights of the Bald Eagle R/C Club.

The combat was blah blah blah...we know the drill fly or die. I'm not going to repeat it was a blast or any of the stuff you expect to hear. I will just tell you that flying with a sky full of streamers is wide open adreniline.

The real respect goes to the club members of the Bald Eagle R/C club. This is where all eyes should be. The hospitality of this little gang of plane nuts is outside anything I have ever seen and I mean that.
This Eagles R/C club has been around for many years and all of it's older members have petered out over the last years, so in short the Eagles R/C club is rebuilding a once great place to fly. I have never met such a dedicated group to making the most welcoming club ever for any plane nut, chopper, or even UFO's...if it flies it's welcome and if you don't know how to fly there top instructor Terry will get you cruising in some flight school.

Aerial shot from flycam on GWS Pico.

The Eagles R/C club has a prime piece of land for flying even large scaled planes. With two top knotch grassy smooth green runways, you dont know if you wanna fly or have a beer and hit golf balls. The field host plenty of side line space for pilots and crew not to mention enough room to lay you hangar out for everyone to see. I don't ever see the Eagles club having any problems hosting a big sponsored flyin event.
The runways are smooth and cut very low, even my light little Pico GWS could taxi as if it was on pavement. My favorite part was the set up and how everything on the property was just where it needed to be. It also had two runways which meant wind did not effect your take off, just choose your runway. I was also impressed by the club clean set up and all the perks like the AC club house and large shade canopies areas. The safety line is lined with some white and orange barriers. I noticed improvements were being made, so I asked what was coming up for the club facility. Terry and Darrel told me they are putting power to the main canopy so all lipo charging can go on in the shade. I thought it was neat they had a community hot glue gun too...what a great idea.
The airfield host a porta potty for the rest room which is well serviced and has ample parking for visitors.

I really enjoyed myself and had a great time. Here are some video i shot of the show and tell planes of the fly in.

My A-26 Invader gunning the field. I was lucky enough to get to film as flight instructor AMA safety officer Terry Finger took my A-26 to the Oklahoma skies.

A-26 INVADER BOMBS OKLAHOMA

SurferDudes Custom Stryker

STRYKER ATTACKS OKLAHOMA

HeliJoey Choppin Gras with his Nitro helo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SATYAQaGj40

Thanks For The Airspace,

"Capt. Lipo Pilot" 316 Combat Squadron
http://www.lipopilot.com
Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

The above report by Lipopilot is in the Tulsa Combat thread, but I thought we needed in the Unclub one as well.
I Think I'm going to start flying the first Sat. of every month at the Bald Eagle field. The only requirement would be at least a park flyer's AMA. I don't think they would require any dues for 8-10 days a year, we would just be flying as guest.
Also I think it would be a good idea to have our next WOOF event out there. We could have a night fly, and camp out Fri night(posibly a little adult beverage, poker & cigars), then fly all day Sat. What do you guy's think? We could get the word out early, post it on the AMA event calender as a Bald Eagle's club event, email all Clubs within say 300 miles etc... really go all out.
If we do it right, in 3 or 4 years we could be the central American SEEF, or NEAT event. We could have sponsors like E-Flight, Liteflite, Thunderpower, HobbyLobby, 2Dog RC, etc...Someone wake me up.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:05 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Default Buggin out

Hey Smoke,Get out the bug spray! This is the main reason for grabing the Bug. Don't let the tape on your wing scare you, I just needed place to put the tape that was stuck to my thumb, and forgot it was on the plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4116.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	103507  

Quick Reply: Tulsa Unclub

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11737 seconds with 12 queries