Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

thoughts prayers good vibes or whatever works

Old 01-24-2019, 02:03 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Default thoughts prayers good vibes or whatever works

Hey guys and gals, without getting political, i just want to ask for thoughts prayers good vibes or whatever works.

This shutdown has dragged on way too long with no end seemingly in sight. We are hurting. My staff and I, as well as all the other essential Ranger personnel have been working without pay for over a month now. We all have significant drives to get into work since living in the park is not an option. One of my gals drives over an hour each way to get to work. Simple things like gas, food, utilities, rent and such are impossible to do.

This past Monday, MLK day, we were all working and searching for a missing man in the park. We ended up carrying out a dead man in very rugged terrain, 9 degree weather, and all for no pay.

Our morale is shot, our banks accounts are shot, and day to day is just a challenge.

Again, please do not make political posts here. I do not care nor does it matter at this point. I just hope some resolution can be found soon. We cannnot hold on much longer without money.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:13 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Hi FB ... the World is with you guys and we all pray that a solution is found quickly. Regardless of political persuasion - it can only hurt your great country more each day it continues. The price to pay once solution is in place will be huge.

I hope ALL persons on each side of the argument realise and remember what they have caused.

The world just seems to be churning up into a mess. USA shutdown ... UK breaking apart with Brexit ... EU with nationalists arguing ...

What happened to common decency and sense ? Seems to be only with people like yourself who care about others.

Nigel
Old 01-24-2019, 03:35 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Thanks Nigel. It sure is hard to focus on work when all we are thinking about is how we are to buy gas to get to and from, let alone all the other stuff.

Feeling very frustrated.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:16 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

It's almost impossible to respond without showing contempt for out current political situation. So instead I'll just say:

THANK YOU to all that continue to work even though they aren't receiving any pay!

Joe
Old 01-24-2019, 06:56 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Joe You don't have to tell me how hard it is to not show my contempt... Thank you for the kinds words.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:11 PM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

You would think that even someone with an IQ as low as a politician would have enough sense not to sacrifice the funding for emergency services.

Although if the FAA is hurting I can't say with all honesty I'm not at least a little bit happy.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:18 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by FlyWheel View Post
You would think that even someone with an IQ as low as a politician would have enough sense not to sacrifice the funding for emergency services.

Although if the FAA is hurting I can't say with all honesty I'm not at least a little bit happy.
C'mon ... when moneys tight - what gets paid first ?

You should come over here and see the corruption. Money comes in ... first the politicians get their 'rake off' ... then it filters down till finally there's very little left for the real needed.

You will not see a poor politician.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:44 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Sorry Bill. Too late as it's starting to become political anyway....

I'm not a democrat or republican. I'm an AMERICAN. I'm SO SICK of hearing people talk about voting for their party even though they don't support the candidate simply because generations of their family have voted that way! How bloody STUPID is that! Do away with two parties as that clearly doesn't work for the good of the PEOPLE. I'm for only one party The AMERICAN party. Not a dictatorship but politicians elected by the people and expected to work FOR the people. No bickering back and forth simply because it's the "opposing" party like we're seeing right now. The AMERICAN party serves the AMERICAN people. NOT the politicians. And 2 year term limits! No more life term politicians. They can run again but only after a 2 year hiatus!

Rant over.....

Joe
Old 01-25-2019, 12:33 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Very sorry to hear of your predicament firemanbill. It is almost immoral what they can do to folk and they seem to get away with it.
I hope for everyones sakes that the powers that be wake up to themselves and show some respect for their fellow Americans.
Very sad situation.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:20 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

I just don't know what to think anymore. So disappointed on so many things now. I still love my job but damn its tough to come to work and not get paid... The furloughed folks at home area eligible for unemployment, we are not since we are working. and they will get back pay just like us. how effed up is that. I don't even have money for gas to get here without putting it on credit.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:28 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
The furloughed folks at home area eligible for unemployment, we are not since we are working. and they will get back pay just like us. how effed up is that.
Now that just ain't right! Unemployment isn't much but I'm sure it would be at least a small help to all affected right now. I feel for all of you and I just don't know what I would do were I in your shoes. Let's hope this ends soon and you can all recover with as little damage as possible.

Joe

Old 01-28-2019, 02:11 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Hope things turn around for you, i seen the other day they have re opened things but i also heard its only a temp re open i sure hope it stays open its been a mess for sure.
I have mostly agreed with what Trump has done but this shut down was stupid and has hurt to many.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:32 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

It is going to be nuts and honestly I think it will shut down again. This is just giving them the chance to get us caught up on pay hopefully. It will be at least a couple weeks before we see any money the way the system works. But at least there is hope.

It is getting harder and harder to stay. I love my job but can't keep doing it for free.