RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR X9503 Get into Service access menu HELP needed

Old 03-29-2019, 11:19 AM
Jools

Default JR X9503 Get into Service access menu HELP needed

[hr]$s[/hr]
I'm having no luck getting into the Service Menu to change stick mode on my JR X9503 2.4. I've been following instructions on another forum, but it's for a 9303 radio. Maybe it's a different routine?
Anyone help?
Old 04-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Jools

Can anyone help with this? Surely I'm not the only one with this problem?!
Old 04-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Jools

Have I been transported back into 1919? Bluddy'ell!
Old 04-09-2019, 08:26 AM
Jools

Well. I Finally got into the 'SERVICE' MENU, but it takes me about 9 (yes Nine) alternating flips of the Ail Rate switch and thumbwheel click. Instructions I had read earlier said about 5. So no wonder I wasn't getting in.
So at least I'm in there. I've swapped the stick ratchet and spring and the throttle restrictors plus the manual trim, plus I've removed the mode2 jumper on JP5 to get it into mode1 (which is what I want).
As far as the internal plug swaps I'm going to trust that to an expert, -I don't want to risk it.

I now have: Throttle RH, Aileron RH, Rudder LH, which are right for Mode 1, BUT my elevator LH stick operates elevator in one half of it's travel but in the other half it operates the throttle. (But this is with the Receiver throttle and aileron plugs swapped)

?

I'll keep at it.

Last edited by Jools; 04-11-2019 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 05-01-2019, 05:07 AM
Jools

I've got into the Service menu at last.
I've changed my mode 2 radio to mode 1 after loads of researching on the internet. My radio is a 9503 and is US model because it has manual throttle trim.
Everything now works in mode1 properly, APART FROM the elevator trim, which now can't be changed, it's locked at 100% and won't move.
Frustrating, because it's a beautiful radio. Does anyone have 'REAL solid info' on this? A very experienced radio tech has been working on it, so it's not an amateur stuff-up situation. -I've seen all the stuff on changing stick modes on the 9303 and we're working with this, but my radio is a 9503 (nine FIVE). The boards are slightly different.

I'm wondering if I could set up a Flap/Elevator mix, (without a connection to the flap plug), then use the flap trim to move the elevator as a trim.
My Hover Pitch button brings up the FLP trim pop-up graphic on-screen. (?)
I suppose it depends on what exactly is causing the non-functioning elevator trim.
OR any other ideas?

Last edited by Jools; 05-08-2019 at 04:16 AM. Reason: correction
Old 05-08-2019, 04:16 AM
Jools

I'm getting there!
I now have all main functions ok for mode 1.
I've got elevator trim now (which was the hitch earlier), by programming in elevator and flap, -but don't have/need flaps. But I get elevator trim on the 3 pos switch top panel left side labelled F-MODE AUX 4. It's only one step up, neutral, and one step down, but that's good enough (Obviously I can re-program the amount of the steps and total trim travel later after test flights). I have a 1 second delay on 'Flap sys' that brings the elev trim in gradually and smoothly. I'll now see if I can program another mix using one of the side rotary levers to give a completely graduated elev trim action.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:07 PM
Panther
Super Contributor

Did you have this radio given to you?
Seems you have had to go to a lot of trouble to get it working right. (sort of)
I had a Hi Tec once that was a pain to program so I sold it with a quadcopter to get rid of it.
I now have a Taranis X9D and Taranis QX7, a Spektrum DX6 and a DX8 all of which are dead easy to program.
Favs are the DX6 (Gen 3) and the QX7.
Not too many slope soaring spots near here. Nearest is about 40 minutes away so I just mainly thermal at the club field about 30 minutes away.
At home I fly quads (autonomous)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:05 AM
Jools

No it wasn't a gift. I've always been a Futaba man, but I bought this on a whim as I've always rather coveted the JR high-end models. Yes perhaps it was a rash purchase, but it was brand new, been in a glass case - display model, for all its life. I just have this one issue with the elevator trim. I'm surprised I haven't had any advice on this issue, there must be plenty of people who had these radios back a few years ago.