E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

blade cp problems

Old 01-02-2006, 07:38 PM
budweiser
foamy89

Default blade cp problems

im just getting into helis. i have the blade cp. i took out to fly it and it wasn't a good day for me. as soon as i got it up it went into the ground. pilot error. nothing broke but there is a bad wobble in the main shaft. i took the shaft out to see if it was bent and it wasn't. the blade are out of track. could this be the problem all i need to do is fix the blade tracking and it will stop wobbling. one more thing are the bearings on the main shaft suppose to be hard to get off. i broke one trying to get it off. those things wouldn't budge. are they press fitted on there or something whats the best way to get them off and to put them back on.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:49 AM
jakjr

Sounds like the blade tracking is the problem. But before you adjust the tracking, check the flybar (is it bent?) and the flybar paddles (are they level with the paddle control frame?). A bunch of times the paddles will get out wack or the flybar will get bent in a crash causing tracking/vibration problems.

As far the bearings go, they are a tight fit, but should come off/go on relatively easily as long as: A. the shaft isn't bent, B. the collar things set screw didn't chew up the shaft, and C. the hole for the pin that holds the head in place didn't get messed up in a crash.

Last edited by jakjr; 01-06-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:52 AM
serpa4

Yep, agree with the above post. Main shaft could be bent. Tracking shouldn't cause a wobble unless its sevear, usually a bent main shaft or blades out of ballance.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Mikec
mikec

Default porposing problem on eflite blade cp

I have just encountered this problem on my old cp. I have replaced servos, reciever, checked mainshaft, and balance,but after flying for 5 minutes or more it starts porposing so severly i have to land. I have checked everything but cnnot find anything wrong. I have been flying eflite blade cp,s for over 10 years and this is the first time I have encountered this type of problem. Maybe I am overlooking something obvios. Any thoughts on this problem to help would be appreciated very much.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:48 AM
birdDog
Charging....

I recall the feathering shaft being the one that always took the damage.