Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft
View Poll Results: Pick Your Favorite Video
1. Stevephoon (Steve)
5.88%
2. offtom (Tom)
23.53%
3. max2112 (John)
23.53%
4. mclarkson (Mark)
47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

WattFlyer's Aerial Video (AV) Contest #5 >> Vote Here

Old 11-17-2014, 05:38 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Default WattFlyer's Aerial Video (AV) Contest #5 >> Vote Here

Wattflyers,

Time to vote for you favorite video.

The contestants are:

1. Stevephoon (Steve)

2. offtom (Tom)

3. max2112 (John)

4. mclarkson (Mark)

Here are their videos:

You just need to watch them and pick your favorite. The winner for this contest will receive a cool WF video award to display underneath their username.

1. Stevephoon (Steve)

2. offtom (Tom)

3. max2112 (John)

4. mclarkson (Mark)

Old 11-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Thanks for the great entries gents!
Old 11-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Looks like we got a neck and neck race right now.

And yes, thank you to those participating. It was great to see you guys step up and help promote RC AV and this forum.

Frank
Old 11-17-2014, 09:23 PM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

We clearly need to get at least one more vote in here.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Stevephoon
Super Contributor

I just watched all the videos again, and I still like all of them. They are also all very different, which is good!

Best of luck to all!

Steve
Old 11-18-2014, 01:33 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Did a site wide announcement this evening. Best of luck gents!!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:52 PM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

This one's a tough call, because I like different aspects of each video, plus I'm trying to make myself judge mclarkson's video without letting Hippie Horse sway my decision! You all did great, but we can only choose one. Good luck to all of you.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:14 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Like mentioned by everyone......all 4 are very unique and great!

For best over-all play-back video quality, I'd give #2 the vote.

For best entertainment value, I'd give #4 the vote.

Tough call......but you can certainly see the difference in the camera equipment used.......that's why I requested more refined rules related to equipment and application.

Good job Steve, Tom, John and Mark.......all of you made this "teaser" fun to follow and watch........
Old 11-19-2014, 11:37 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I think all the cameras were relatively cheap. 3 Mobius' and the 808 #16 keychain cameras ($40).

I have a $300 GoPro and I don't think the quality is much better. Which upsets me.

Plus, we were lucky to get these 4 people to participate. If we dictated what equipment to use, we wouldn't get any. I do not think there is enough "foot traffic" to put requirements on equipment to use like they can do in larger forums like RCG and RCU. (this thread has been up now going on three days and we have only 8 voters -see what I mean?) We just maxed out our participants and don't want to run them off with requirements. These contests are for fun and to help promote AV/AP and this forum. Making too many restrictions spoils it and turns fun into work.

That is not what these contests or forum is about in my mind. But we can certainly lay down the law so to speak and give it a go. I don't have a cat in the fight either way.

Frank
Old 11-19-2014, 05:26 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Mobius camera packages run anywhere from $75.00 to $125.00.......yes, relatively inexpensive compared to GoPro or AAE Magicam type quality. And, as indicated by the 4 video's, play-back quality (although decent) varies quite a bit, none of which were first time "shoot & play" without some editing and re-takes........all fun hobby grade examples and better quality than I could get from a $9.00 pano......just saying......

I'm more than sure there are plenty of members on this forum who AV/AP. Why the lack of participation.......you probably said it best. This forum is not geared for that interest. Proven by the lack of threads and action in the UAV, AV, AP, Multi-Rotor sections here, where that type of interest thrives at other forums........and where the viewing audience is 10 times greater as well..........the "maturity" factor here is evident (which, IMO), is a very good thing....a whole lot less self promotion and my "dog is bigger than your dog", look at me!.........

I (for one) like it just as it is here........so, we only get a few guys like Steve, Tom, John and Mark to play.......just the kind of guys I'd hang with if I were looking for flying buddies.......
Old 11-19-2014, 07:48 PM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

I'm surprised we're not getting more votes at least. Even if people here aren't into making videos, voting isn't that hard, just take the time to watch the videos and pick which one they like. I'll probably pick up one of those keychain cams myself now to try it out some.

Last edited by xmech2k; 11-19-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
Mobius camera packages run anywhere from $75.00 to $125.00.......yes, relatively inexpensive compared to GoPro or AAE Magicam type quality. And, as indicated by the 4 video's, play-back quality (although decent) varies quite a bit, none of which were first time "shoot & play" without some editing and re-takes........all fun hobby grade examples and better quality than I could get from a $9.00 pano......just saying......

I'm more than sure there are plenty of members on this forum who AV/AP. Why the lack of participation.......you probably said it best. This forum is not geared for that interest. Proven by the lack of threads and action in the UAV, AV, AP, Multi-Rotor sections here, where that type of interest thrives at other forums........and where the viewing audience is 10 times greater as well..........the "maturity" factor here is evident (which, IMO), is a very good thing....a whole lot less self promotion and my "dog is bigger than your dog", look at me!.........

I (for one) like it just as it is here........so, we only get a few guys like Steve, Tom, John and Mark to play.......just the kind of guys I'd hang with if I were looking for flying buddies.......
You lost me with that P. I'm not following how this relates to our discussion on dictating what camera people use in our AP or AV contests.

What are the pros (or cons) for stipulating which camera they can use?

Frank
Old 11-19-2014, 11:08 PM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
I'm surprised we're not getting more votes at least.
Yeah. We've only got twice as many votes as entries.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:15 PM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

I'd also like to voice my 2 cents that I agree there shouldn't be a stipulation on equipment used. Considering we're not a bunch of professional photographers here, I judged based more on content than video quality.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Red face

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
I'm surprised we're not getting more votes at least. Even if people here aren't into making videos, voting isn't that hard, just take the time to watch the videos and pick which one they like. I'll probably pick up one of those keychain cams myself now to try it out some.
I hear ya. Makes me feel bad for the guys who took the time to participate and put the work into making the videos.

I just don't get it. This forum really confuses me.

Frank
Old 11-21-2014, 01:42 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Well I voted, I had to watch them over and over again to come to a decision. I like making videos, none worth mentioning but I like it when the video and music, if music is provided, match the video, for example does the song help tell the story. I have seen a lot of RC videos that just put any song in there. Like we all need to hear the "Top Gun" Soundtrack again. Anyway good luck guys looking forward to read who the winner was.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:15 AM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

Thanks for voting, sir!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

For those that have not voted, we have one week left. I would suggest that even if you don't like AV or have no interest in ever doing it, please take the time to look at the videos and vote. These guys took the time and effort to do this for us, and we should be respectful enough to at least vote.

Thanks in advance!

While we are at it, what would you like to do for our next contest? Want to do an AP or another AV?

Frank
Old 11-24-2014, 12:03 AM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

*Bump*
Old 11-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Only 11 votes??? Come on Watt heads check these videos out and give them a vote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:14 AM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

Is there somewhere else we could post an announcement?
Old 11-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Wow, I am beginning to think the foot traffic here is lower than I thought. Only 11 people here on WF posting now?
Old 11-25-2014, 01:09 PM
edred
Tree finder

Just voted, not very much interest, by the # of votes. I just happened upon this maybe an automated email to members would generate more interest. If contest runs again maybe I will enter ( if I get a camera ) I could show my crashes & tree landings!!
All the video's were well done.

Last edited by edred; 11-25-2014 at 01:17 PM. Reason: show my photo
Old 11-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Thanks for voting!

Contest ends soon so if you haven't voted now is your chance to do so.

Frank
Old 12-01-2014, 06:31 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Congratulations to mclarkson (Mark) for his winning video! You will be receiving your prize shortly.

Thanks to all of you for submitting your videos. It was great watching them and I am sure all of us enjoyed the different themes of the videos.

WFers,

Please stop and in thank the participants and show your support for their efforts.

Great job guys and I look forward to the next contest.

Frank

Quick Reply: WattFlyer's Aerial Video (AV) Contest #5 >> Vote Here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13754 seconds with 12 queries