RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DXe TX Issue with SAFE on Horizon Super Cub S

Old 12-07-2019, 07:04 PM
BSquared18

Default DXe TX Issue with SAFE on Horizon Super Cub S

Hi,

I have a Horizon Super Cub S I purchased in late 2014. It has the SPMA3170 combination RX and ESC unit. It is listed at a “DSMX SAFE Receiver/ESC Unit.”

I have a DXe TX that I'd like to bind to the Super Cub's RX so that SAFE can be turned on and off using the DXe's three-position Flight Mode switch, which uses Channel 5.

On other planes with other RXs, I've been able to do what I describe above. But for the Super Cub, I can get SAFE to operate using me DXe but cannot turn SAFE off and on.

On the other hand, I can accomplish what I want if I bind the Super Cub's RX to my DX5e TX.

There are more details at my RCGroups thread HERE and related posts in that thread.

If you can solve this mystery, you will get my Sherlock Holmes grand award! No prize money, but my eternal gratitude!

Bill