Free Items This forum is in place to offer items to the community that are not used/needed any longer and are given away at no charge. Shipping is between the giver and the receiver of an item. Wanted item threads will be deleted.

Real Size Scale Plane for Museum

Old 02-25-2020, 02:27 AM
marianmadalin32

Default Real Size Scale Plane for Museum

Is anyone here willing to build/make for me as a sponsorship a real size airplane replica to put up on display into an aviation museum ? Thank you. Please be very serious !!! Thank you.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:50 PM
Abuelo

Marian, will you provide specifics on what you are looking for? Serious replies will come only from full information.

Some of what I'd like to see, for starters:
- What aircraft are you looking for. A Cub type could be build much quicker and at less cost than something like a Spitfire or a Winnie Mae.
- Where are you located and what museum are you involved with. Are they currently involved with this request?
- What is the time frame, what is the budget, and do you have the unique items for the project? I'm thinking here of the engine and instruments.
- You said 'sponsorship'. Are you saying you have the financial resources to pay the time and materials, or do you want some entity to do this gratis and then sponsor the donation?
- Etc, etc.

Others on this forum will probably check in, but the more specifics you can provide the better the replies.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:25 PM
gittarpikk
CrazyBall Designer and OT

Default but there is even more

Abuelo hit many points, but there are more, many more and here are a few.
First, a full-size plane was built by many people, each with their own skill, many jigs, tooling, machines, etc. The plant was located in a city that also had contracted suppliers for harder to make parts that logistically was hard or expensive to ship. Many materials and parts are no longer available and/or are so expensive to make 'one of' they are bought only for replacement parts. Sure one could conceivably male a wire screen frame and smear on paper mache, then paint, etc to get a 'semblance' of the subject.
The $64,000 question (that may not be even near enough) is what 'level' of accuracy do you need and where is it to built?. Then there is the shipping of the finished product. In today's world, unless you plan on going into full production, it could get very, very expensive to build a 'one of' with a reasonable level of accuracy. If your just looking for a representation of a full-size plane, you can sometimes find a used one (sometimes quite a search and many avenues must be explored- a nearly full-time job for the right person and depends on when you need it) There are also those plane graveyards where thousands of acres of decommissioned planes lie in wait for the recycler saws. You might find one of those and get it moved somehow (won't be by air) and reconstructed/restored...but then what level of accuracy.
Most full-size planes are built by corporations with deep pockets and intend to be produced (at profit) Others have been bought and moved for even a home (like a 737 fuselage) and made into living spaces. The list is huge and there are nearly unlimited directions one could go...but it all comes down to basically three questions. What level of accuracy, how much are you willing to pay upfront (no one will take a build and later sell to you position), Where is it to be built/how shipped-who pays for that?...oh, and one more, When do/did need it? (these large projects take a lot of human hours and may require crews).

Just for the record, I designed and built a 1/3 scale 'Woody's Pusher' out of 90% dollar tree foamboard, packing tape with a few balsa strips, laminated it with paper lamination, shrank and painted it with Acrylic, loaded it and flew it RC with FPV cams on board. Most projects like this run several thousand dollars and take at least 6 months to a year. I built it all (all radios, cams motors etc) for less than $250 and finished it in 2 months. flew it many times and was so scale like it was amazing. Flight speed was nearly perfect scale . It lasted over 2 years in the elements in the top of a 150' tree in a swamp before finally deteriorating to the point it fell (but most was still intact). No one believed me when I stated it cost that little (materials only)
here is link to video of it.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:07 PM
marianmadalin32

Default Aircraft Replica

I want you to join forces and build me a free of charge replica for static display into my museum. I will take care of the shipping.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:49 PM
Abuelo

Appreciate your prompt and clarifying reply. However, I will have no further involvement.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:43 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by marianmadalin32 View Post
I want you to join forces and build me a free of charge replica for static display into my museum. I will take care of the shipping.
I think your request is totally unrealistic. It seems this is your own personal museum and you would become the owner?
Count me out laughing....
Old 02-26-2020, 04:02 PM
ron_van_sommeren
homo ludens modelisticus

Massive trolling, don't waste your time guys.