General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Calling all Australian RC flyers

Old 10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Huffy01
Huffy01

I have done business with hobbyking. 3 days for EMS postage is fantastic!
I got RC books from A main hobbies in the USA, great customer service!
I have used Modelflight a few time's ,it's 1 1/2 drive for me so if I know what I'm buying I just use the internet.
I use Fly-in models at Mount Barker, I am pretty sure that he has an online shop but it were I go in-person. Excellent service and if your a novice he does training at Strathalbyn model field.
If you've got the time it would be worth the drive.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
flymess

You blokes in the south have the advantage. More shops, more choices, so up here in the "mid north" its On-line shopping or nothing. It is difficult to make choices without seeing what you are are buying but, thanks to our friends on this forum, it is possible to come to semi-informed decisions. All the help I've received so far has been top flight!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Huffy01
Huffy01

I hope there's more than just "online" up there. One day I may move to Northern River's, New South Wales!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:49 PM
flymess

Originally Posted by Huffy01 View Post
I hope there's more than just "online" up there. One day I may move to Northern River's, New South Wales!
Haven't found any decent shops yet, up Coffs Harbour way. If you know what you want, China's the place to shop! It would be nice though, to wander around a shop and gaze at all the possibilities, and then come to a conclusion, instead of having to be clinical and just order what you need. It seems that most of the latest generation just isn't interested in such "boring activities" as creating things, so making a business out of it must not be profitable.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Huffy01
Huffy01

I'll probably be a little farther up the coast. I've got some relatives in the byron/murwillumbah area.
I agree that China's the cheaper place to shop and faster.
I would like to see/read about some quality planes like you get from Europe or the U.S.
The guy's at Fly-in are always complaining about the Chinese import's taking away there business, if they tried selling there product's at Hobbyking prices they would be out of business quickly.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 PM
engriso
wannabe Topgun

Modelflight was very helpfull
Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 AM
darwin dix

Default Unfortunate store experiences

Ordered a me262 from extreme hobby in Brisbane early December for my sons Christmas present.They said it was in stock and would be shipped and received in ten days.We finally found out on the 7 January that they didn't have it in stock and that we might get it in early march. Took another couple of weeks to get our money back,not before threatening legal action (Refer to rc groups forum on these crooks).Then ordered from hobbyking aus .Still waiting 17 days for our delivery.Naturally my son is very disappointed and is ready to walk away from the hobby.Ive explained that we have previously had excellent service from modelflight,wired rc,sa hobbies ,zeejay hobbies and yees hobbies Darwin(since closed.)My son is a natural flyer but is ready to give up because of this poor service by certain rc companies.Please do your research on these operators before purchasing ,especially on this and other forums before committing your purchase.Intersting that we have never had an issue with HK on small purchases but now on a $450 plus we're having dramas.I suppose as consumers we need to avoid the rogues to keep the next generation keen.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
darwin dix

Default Hobby shops to avoid aus

Further to my post above if you want to research extremehobbies google extremehobbies complaints.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:55 AM
Lighat

The major thing I love about small electric planes like the Shock Flyers is the ability to keep them so close to me. When I fly gas planes its like they are in front of me for a moment and then they are across the field. Why is that?
Old 06-30-2020, 03:09 AM
ron_van_sommeren
homo ludens modelisticus

Don't bother guys, google the first sentence or first two sentences and you'll find same post on other fora. about gold, embroidery, pearls. All by one post wonders.

Last edited by ron_van_sommeren; 06-30-2020 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:48 AM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Yep, IP came back as bad. He's gone.