General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

DX6i Help/Extra 260 3D profile

Old 10-29-2008, 02:44 AM
ucadam

Default DX6i Help/Extra 260 3D profile

I bought a DX6i, for my Extra 260 3D Profile Foamie... I do have the manual but it is so complicated... Im used to flying my Super Cub & Minium 210 park flyer...so this plane is a New Ball game to me... I want to take it easy. I was told that I can adjust my THROWS with a flip of the Gear switch... to reduce the responsiveness by 50%. I would like someone to guide me thru this step...pretty much telling me exactlly how to set this up....

Thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 02:24 PM
richg99

Do you know how to set up high and low rates yet? You have individual switches for the Elevator and the Airleons....

Look at the top of the unit. The high/low switches have ELEVATOR ( LEFT HAND SIDE ) and AIL ( RIGHT HAND SIDE) printed under them.

You must start there, I believe. Then, you can set her up for the single switch flip (which I haven't done yet ).

Turn TX on; press the roller bar down;Roll the roller bar clockwise until you see D/R &EXPO and press the roller bar again.

If your panel switches are in the up position, you should see 100% on all items shown on the screen.

If so, .....now....flip the elevator switch to the DOWN position...

using the roller bar..move the cursor over the 100% number..

Press down on the roller bar...

ROLL the roller bar to adjust that throw to 50 %...

Press the roller bar to set the adjustment into the computer.

You should now be able to watch the throw change from 100% to 50 % as you flip the ELEVATOR high/low rate switch on the left hand side of your unit.

Proceed for the AIL in the same manner.

After you have high/low rates set up, you can switch either or them while flying by simply throwing those switches individually.

To set up for a single switch flip,..you will have to go back and re-read the manual or await an answer from someone further advanced than me. Rich

Please note that there are a number of different conventions about how the high/low switches should be set up. One fellow at my club uses the UP position for LOW rates and the DOWN position for HIGH rates.

I was taught that UP is HIGH and DOWN is LOW..but I don't think that arrangement is locked into stone any place.

regards, Rich
Old 10-30-2008, 02:40 PM
richg99

One additional item that should be mentioned is Mode 1 and Mode 2 issues.

As I understand it, Mode 2 TX'rs are used in the USA and a number of other countries, where-as Mode 1 is used in Europe ( and more).

The two systems differ as to what function each TX stick controls. My answer was for the mode 2 US version ( which might be the same as far as throws/dual rates etc.as the Mode 1s...?? )

regards, Rich
Old 10-30-2008, 08:15 PM
mikidymac

To set a single switch for dual rates scroll to to D/R COMBI tab and there you can select a single switch for all dual rates. This is not to be confused with the D/R EXPO tab. I have been confused a time or two.