General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Good plane for wind and grass landings...

Old 11-29-2008, 03:10 AM
airmail wf
Super Contributor

These are the manufacture specs for the MS Trainer.

All CITABRIAs come pre-finished with a very realistic Airbrushed design. It is limited ONLY by the pilots flying skill and proficiency. (Which can start from 0 and be advanced through the upper intermediate range) The CITABRIA is made with CNC technology from almost "UNBREAKABLE" EPP FOAM! EPP foam (Expanded Polypropylene) is a high-technology impact-absorbing material that is almost unbreakable and perfect for anything that might crash into something. (The tail surfaces are made of repairable/replaceable Depron.) It is a standard sized model with a 38.5 inch wingspan a length of 32 inches and has a ready to fly weight of between 220 to 280 grams . The recommended propulsion for this model is the AXI 2203/46 motor (with a 8/4 propeller) and the Jeti Brushless Advance 04 Plus controller powered with a LIPO battery 2s at 750/ 900 mAh. The CITABRIA has excellent flight performance. This model is suitable not only for beginners/training and advanced pilots, but also for all who desire to advance their flying performance. (Initially it can be configured with two servos as a rudder and elevator aircraft with motor control but as ones ability advances it can be reconfigured to a full house machine with ailerons.)

Accessories Needed
  • Radio Set - Transmitter (3 or more channels), 2x microservo, receiver.
  • AXI brushless motor 2203/46, propeller 8x4, speed controller Advance 4 Plus, battery Lipol 2S800, charger
Old 11-29-2008, 03:44 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I'm not sure how well the MS Trainer would do in wind. Anything weighing less than 10 ounces is going to get beat up pretty bad.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:30 AM
airmail wf
Super Contributor

You might be right on that SJ. A lot depends on how much wind and the pilot. The thing about these MS planes they are made of solid EPP so there is not to much twist in any thing. I think that is why they fly so true. I have not flown the trainer so I can't really speak on how it handles the wind. But the ones I do have work really well in the wind. The Blade's weight is about 12ozs and the Bulldog is 16ozs RTF.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:56 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Originally Posted by airmail wf View Post
These are the manufacture specs for the MS Trainer.

All CITABRIAs come pre-finished with a very realistic Airbrushed design. It is limited ONLY by the pilots flying skill and proficiency. (Which can start from 0 and be advanced through the upper intermediate range) The CITABRIA is made with CNC technology from almost "UNBREAKABLE" EPP FOAM! EPP foam (Expanded Polypropylene) is a high-technology impact-absorbing material that is almost unbreakable and perfect for anything that might crash into something. (The tail surfaces are made of repairable/replaceable Depron.) It is a standard sized model with a 38.5 inch wingspan a length of 32 inches and has a ready to fly weight of between 220 to 280 grams . The recommended propulsion for this model is the AXI 2203/46 motor (with a 8/4 propeller) and the Jeti Brushless Advance 04 Plus controller powered with a LIPO battery 2s at 750/ 900 mAh. The CITABRIA has excellent flight performance. This model is suitable not only for beginners/training and advanced pilots, but also for all who desire to advance their flying performance. (Initially it can be configured with two servos as a rudder and elevator aircraft with motor control but as ones ability advances it can be reconfigured to a full house machine with ailerons.)

Accessories Needed
  • Radio Set - Transmitter (3 or more channels), 2x microservo, receiver.
  • AXI brushless motor 2203/46, propeller 8x4, speed controller Advance 4 Plus, battery Lipol 2S800, charger
Hey Airmail,
Yup, I looked at the site. looks like a no-nonsense plane to me. pretty straight forward..