3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

What's a good first 3d plane for an advanced flyer?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:12 AM
EDFrules
GravesRC enabler d:)

Hmmmmm, when I'm right-I'm right!!!! Check out the Arizona Electric Flight Festival-yeyah!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post11401310
http://www.rcgroups.com/arizona-elec...ival-2009-590/

Originally Posted by EDFrules View Post
Only official place I've seen one is on my workbench Otherwise I can think of 2 companies off hand that should be fielding(or are testing) them right now for release in the spring/summer. I heard one of the larger RC companies is rumored to be working on one for summer. NOT SOON ENOUGH GUYS! I've been begging and pleading for a 3D/precision hybrid for years.(Besides Reactor,Inspire 60). Somehow I don't think they'll be huge sellers no matter how well they fly-"It's not scale" will be the complaint. Well you can only beat the dead "scale" horse for so long. I'm looking to the future when every scale aerobat has been done ad nausem and folks are finally looking for something different. Don't get me wrong, I like scale(semi-scale lets face it) 3D planes, but you can only go so far with a design that's limited by it's initial criteria-aerobatics not 3D flight. Time for something out of the box and with better flight characteristics(i.e. Clik!). David K. has the Virtuoso 3D a composite 2m airframe but haven't seen any stateside or heard any flight reports or vids. Looks about right though....Also tried the Zafiro 3D-nice looks but not so nice in flight. Oh well lesson learned...
http://www.freeair.cz/ENGLISH/Virtuoso%203D-AJ.html
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread Cheese Puddin-I blame Ministeve! He started talking about hybrids first...couldn't help myself.
I say go for an EPP plane either profile or full fuse with an airfoiled wing. They'll pay for themselves after the first few doinks.

Regards,
Jason
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3DHS Teaser.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	91264   Click image for larger version

Name:	3DHS Viper hybrid.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	91283  

Last edited by EDFrules; 01-22-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 AM
pvtzemerak
3D Huckifyer!

I went to my friends house and we cut out our own fomie bipes ( no pics, sorry)
Fun to fly, easy and cheap to build.
But i would definatly go with the parkzone typhoon 2. I hear there great for 3d begginers
--PvT
Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

I would really Like to see something in the 42-48" size range with LE extensions/sfg's built in... It could be foam, but I would want it to be very rigid, a Foam/Balsa/Carbong Fiber Composit could work...

SK
Old 01-22-2009, 04:52 AM
Xpress..
Team Hitec, CSR

Originally Posted by pvtzemerak View Post
I went to my friends house and we cut out our own fomie bipes ( no pics, sorry)
Fun to fly, easy and cheap to build.
But i would definatly go with the parkzone typhoon 2. I hear there great for 3d begginers
--PvT
From my experience, the Typhoons don't fly all that great. They're more of fun fly planes that like to hover (gotta use some coaxing), but really don't like rolling stuff that you would do with your normal foamy.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Voltron

Default Parkzone Typhoon

Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
From my experience, the Typhoons don't fly all that great. They're more of fun fly planes that like to hover (gotta use some coaxing), but really don't like rolling stuff that you would do with your normal foamy.
A member in our club has a Typhoon. Its a nice flying plane, but I would not consider it a 3D aircraft.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Ron S

I just built a Multiplex Park Master,and I have to say it's the best flying 3-D plane I've had sofar! It flys so well,it even makes me look like I know what I'm doing! Ron