Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB Electric Powered RC Planes for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

For Sale Precision Aerobatics Katana MD

Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 PM
TexasFlyer

Default Precision Aerobatics Katana MD

For Sale:

Precision Aerobatics Katana MD
• Freestyle Aerobatics
• Super smooth & precise flying
• 3D capable

Description:
Based in Australia, Precision Aerobatics is known throughout the world for their high quality and great flying planes. The Katana MD (Medium) is their 46” plane and is their most popular ever. It flies super smooth and very precise and is impressive in the sky. In the right hands, it can also fly 3D as seen on many videos. And slow rolls are especially nice With extensive use of carbon fiber throughout, it flies VERY light with a wing-loading of less than 9.5 oz/ft2 !

It comes “radio ready” meaning it only needs a receiver and a 3S Lipo (most use 2200 mAH). I used the Precision Aerobatics recommended power package.

So why am I selling it? I want to use the proceeds towards a larger electric 3D plane.

The picture below is of the actual plane I'm selling.

Features:
• Ready to fly with the addition of a receiver and 3S1P 2200mAh (or similar) battery
• Size: 46” wingspan, 45” length, 34oz with battery
• Precision Aerobatics Thrust 30 outrunner motor
• Precision Aerobatics Quantum 45 programmable ESC
• 11x5.5 APC prop
• Extensive carbon fiber: Landing gear, wing tube, battery tray, control horns, control rods, and Fiber-Fusion technology throughout (bonds balsa with carbon fiber for light-weight strength)
• Internally hinged ailerons for zero hinge gap – just like the larger planes!
• 2.5” MPI wheels work great on tall grass but still allow the wheel pants to be used!
• I added thumb screws to make the wing attachment tool-less.
• Everything is in great condition other than on wheel pant (which has been repaired)

Price:
• The best price for all individual components if bought today is ~$490. With a 30% discount for being in great shape, I'm asking $335, though I will consider other reasonable offers.
• Note that a new motor/ESC combo and 4 servos costs $275, so the fully assembled plane itself is only costing you $60!
• This is for local pick up only. I'll meet you half way if you live within 100 miles of northwest Houston, TX.

PM me if you are interested.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130128.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	107039   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130124.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	107040  
Old 08-24-2009, 02:07 AM
wnc

Is ther any way you can ship this?? I'm in NC and the wife wouldn't go for a trip to Texas Jeff
Old 08-24-2009, 03:12 AM
TexasFlyer

WNC,

Thanks for the interest, but I just sold the Katana MD and will be closing this thread. I hope you find one eleswhere.

Alan