Basement Bargains Know of a good sale at your favorite online RC webstore? Or how about just one heck of a bargain that you came across on RC goods. This is the place. ** No commercial adverts please**

Hobby Lobby Crash Sale (only on Wed)

Old 09-24-2008, 06:17 AM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Default Here is the most Boringest sale of the year!

This Week's CRASH Sale
FREE GROUND SHIPPING!!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:34 AM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

next week will be free shipping peanuts with each order.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Well I suspect this one will be packing peanuts before long, so that won't do me much good at all

This is my most recent Crash Sale purchase, an $11.90 Yak 55. Just maidened it last weekend. Not counting parts salvaged from other planes, this thing cost me $22 to get into the air
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yak 55.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	460.6 KB
ID:	79064  
Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 AM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
This Week's CRASH Sale
FREE GROUND SHIPPING!!
Wow, thanks a pantload. Great that I ordered my Flycamone2 last Wednesday and it isnt here yet... 8.99.

400xts! I need cheap 400xts!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

I have some gently used 400xt for sale, and a brand new one... But I don't think I could let them go for $8.99...

How often does Hobby Lobby run an $8.99 sale on their 400xt motors?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

He's referring to the amount of postage he paid for the Flycam which isn't here yet.
Or did you already know that and I just missed the joke?
Anyway, yeah...you can never have too many 400XTs. I usually bite when they come in around fifteen bucks.
You can get similar Suppos from LightFlightRc for about fifteen bucks. Stock up!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Ahhh -- I see that now -- thanks for pointing that out.

(Just to be clear, it wasn't a joke -- I just missed it! It's still early here, and I don't think I'm awake just yet...) :o
Old 09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Usually they place the 400xts on sale for $12-13. That is the only time I will buy them as there are better options for $30 (My opinion of course)
Old 09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
This Week's CRASH Sale

FREE GROUND SHIPPING!!

The most boring sale will be next weeks sale.

TODAYS CRASH SALE - Same as last week.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Hmmmm -- I've been eyeing one of the Starmax airplanes (70mm ducted fans)... I might actually jump on this, to get an additional $8.99 off... :o
Old 09-24-2008, 08:11 PM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
Ahhh -- I see that now -- thanks for pointing that out.

(Just to be clear, it wasn't a joke -- I just missed it! It's still early here, and I don't think I'm awake just yet...) :o
Yeap, it was late and I was rambling. I'm waiting for them to crash at $13 again so I can buy four or six of em... actually I am buying a lot of stuff from headsuprc thesedays cause the price is right and it gets here quick.

GRU
Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Does anyone have any idea what an "oversized" package is?

The rules of the free shipping offer state that "oversized packages" don't count...

That's one thing I really hate about Hobby Lobby -- everyone raves about their customer service, but I always seem to be scr*w*d by the fine print in their sales...
Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

The rules of the free shipping offer state that "oversized packages" don't count...

That's one thing I really hate about Hobby Lobby -- everyone raves about their customer service, but I always seem to be scr*w*d by the fine print in their sales...
Might be worth a call. They are usually pretty willing to give you a deal if they can.

Speaking of which, I just got off the phone with them about a spare prop for my ArtTech Corsair (which I actually got from Hobbycity - shhh). They hooked me up with a prop and about $80 worth of other stuff including this. Got free shipping too
Old 09-24-2008, 09:38 PM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

All I know is that the 4x4x4 inch is the $3.99 to anywhere shipping, and I got hosed on that deal this time around because - get this - I ordered a hobby lobby catalog with the flycamone2.

Seems like I paid a lot of money so I can sit on the can and look at servo accessories and $30 400XTs...
Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

LOL -- so, they talked you into spending $80, in order to save $9 on shipping?

Originally Posted by groundrushesup View Post
All I know is that the 4x4x4 inch is the $3.99 to anywhere shipping, and I got hosed on that deal this time around because - get this - I ordered a hobby lobby catalog with the flycamone2.

Seems like I paid a lot of money so I can sit on the can and look at servo accessories and $30 400XTs...
Yeah, that's EXACTLY the kind of junk I'm talking about. I got hosed on similar issues, several times in the last few years...

I actually go to the point of typing a little blurb into the "special comments" section of their web order screen. My blurb went something like this --> "If this order does not qualify for the 10% discount, please do not ship it, and cancel my order."

Guess what? They'd ship it anyway, and THEN tell me it didn't qualify for the 10% discount...
Old 09-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

LOL -- so, they talked you into spending $80, in order to save $9 on shipping?
What can I say? I'm a shrewd negotiator!

Actually, I managed to cross a few items off the "need to buy" list. And I picked up an airframe to hold some of my spare parts
Old 09-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

WOOHOO! I just ordered it! They tried to tell me it only applied to in-stock items only, but they would make an exception in my case...

After looking at all the sale details, I don't see where it says "In stock items only".

Anyway, I got the F-5 Camo, which I've been wanting for quite a while... And I saved nine bucks.

...won't my wife be pleased?!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	st105c.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	79130  
Old 09-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

WOOHOO! I just ordered it! They tried to tell me it only applied to in-stock items only, but they would make an exception in my case...

After looking at all the sale details, I don't see where it says "In stock items only".

Anyway, I got the F-5 Camo, which I've been wanting for quite a while... And I saved nine bucks.

...won't my wife be pleased?!
Sweet buy Guy!

I read the Crash Sale fine print before I ordered, and I agree with you: there was NOTHING about it applying only to in stock items. Why do they even try to pull that crap? It just makes them look bad.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:40 AM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

I wonder what this weeks phenomenal sale is going to be, the email should be arriving soon.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Because you asked.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=650 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR align=right><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#2879b4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE width=630 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD>
Atlas OUTRUNNER
Brushless Motors
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR width="100%">
CRASH Sale - Over 20 Brushless Motors on Sale!!
Premium OUTRUNNER Brushless motors without the premium price
<HR width="100%">
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>

Atlas has a complete line of OUTRUNNER brushless motors that can power any airplane from small parkflyers and indoor airplanes up to 1.60-1.80 sized giants spinning 24" diameter propellers. Whatever your airplane, Atlas has an OUTRUNNER motor that will fly it better than a glow engine.

Understanding Atlas OUTRUNNERS:
(What the numbers mean)
Each motor has a 6-digit number. For instance: "AM230834". The first 2 numbers, (23) in this example designate the diameter of the stator in millimeters. The stator is the fixed part in the middle of the motor. The second set of numbers, (08) designate the length of each magnet in millimeters. The third and final set of numbers, (34) designate the number of winds or turns. (A low wind/turn motor turns a small prop fast. So the opposite is also true, a high turn motor will turn a large prop slowly.) For a fast airplane you want a low turn motor that can turn a small prop fast. For a trainer or a Biplane that has a lot more drag you want a high turn motor that can spin a large prop slowly.

<HR width="100%">
*Pricing information will be available on Wednesday when the sale begins*

Sale begins at 8:00 AM CST, Wednesday 10/1/08
Click Here For CRASH Sale Details

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle bgColor=#bfdffc><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>5614 Franklin Pike Circle | Brentwood, TN 37027
1-866-WE-FLY-RC (1-866-933-5972) | www.hobby-lobby.com

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 10-01-2008, 03:47 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Not happy with this sale. But oh well. I am picky
Old 10-01-2008, 04:23 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Atlas makes nice motors. I have one. Or had one. Sold it to Capt Easy. I think he likes it too. But the real question is How Much?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
I wonder what this weeks phenomenal sale is going to be, the email should be arriving soon.
I think they took you off the mailing list for bad mouthing the Crash Sale
Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 AM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

possibly...
Old 10-01-2008, 04:29 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Am I the only one who has more motors than dollar bills?

My motors seem to last forever -- it's batteries and airplanes I need... :o

Quick Reply: Hobby Lobby Crash Sale (only on Wed)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.19595 seconds with 13 queries