Basement Bargains Know of a good sale at your favorite online RC webstore? Or how about just one heck of a bargain that you came across on RC goods. This is the place. ** No commercial adverts please**

Hobby Lobby Crash Sale (only on Wed)

Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Thats a good trainer plane at a good price
Old 11-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

I was thinking of letting the WG1 project (Stinkweed) guys know about this one...
Old 11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Yet another joke of a Crash Sale today.
As an avid scale modeller for some years now, I've been dying to get a Wind Dragon, of whatever they're called. Not.

What is Crash?
Crash is where we take a generally low desired item, and knock it back to a price likely higher than the standard retail price was, just several months ago.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Sorry you feel that way. The Wd3 is a good plane to get new pilots into the hobby that do not have a field near by. It is a easy to learn airplane that can be fixed fairly easily.

As for the price, this has been the cheapest it has been offered in the past. Before this price, the cheapest was $99.

While I will not be buying one, I do not feel this was a joke of a sale.

A few weeks ago they placed some really desired electric sailplanes on Crash. They sold them almost instantly
Old 11-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Sorry you feel that way. The Wd3 is a good plane to get new pilots into the hobby that do not have a field near by. It is a easy to learn airplane that can be fixed fairly easily.

As for the price, this has been the cheapest it has been offered in the past. Before this price, the cheapest was $99.

While I will not be buying one, I do not feel this was a joke of a sale.

A few weeks ago they placed some really desired electric sailplanes on Crash. They sold them almost instantly
I guess I'm just ticked that they don't offer the Salamander as a bare airframe. Jerks!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Yep. there seems to be alot of sales that really dont cater to me personally. I just sit back and wait like a leapoard stalking its prey. When something comes by that looks apealing I attack with my credit card.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 AM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
Yep. there seems to be alot of sales that really dont cater to me personally. I just sit back and wait like a leapoard stalking its prey. When something comes by that looks apealing I attack with my credit card.
but that will be the week you're over drawn, and can't afford to do the deal...
Old 11-22-2008, 02:19 AM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
but that will be the week you're over drawn, and can't afford to do the deal...
You will spot me a hundred bucks, wouldnt ya?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:23 AM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

if I had it...
Old 11-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
I'm learning that one too. I'm just waiting for some of the planes I want to get old, and then get a deal. Hobby Lobby thrives on the GWS "Early Bird" mentality in customers that pay a premium. I think these distributors will learn that we are tired of them refusing to suffer a bit along with the rest of us, in lowering economic times. I don't care how bad I want the Salamander, I ain't paying HL 200 bucks just out of principle.

Now if the morons at GWS has not wasted all their money on tringles and made more desirable, unique planes, we'd have them. I call all these "me too" boing looking deltas "triangles", where there are 5 companies making each of the same model. The GWS 15, J10, and Skyhawk were just more of the same triangles. At least the Skyhawk had a bit of vintage appeal to it. The rest, bombs.

Just think if GWS had made a nice scale park Sabre or Mig, and a Salamander? They would be making money now, selling SG versions of the $200 HL Salamander for 60 bucks.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

No Crash today or did I miss it? Just wanted to know, in case they put up something I really wanted, so I can never buy there again. Good way to really save yourself money. No T-Day sale either this year? I may actually by the Salamander if they would do a 20% off sale again, but probably not. Nobody wants to share a bit of the suffering in recession.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

No, they usually do not do a crash sale before an hour to hour sale.

Keep an eye out Friday for a 20% any item sale.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 PM
MaxAdventure
AMA 198798

I received my email for the Tday sale:
You are cordially invited
to join in the most exciting R/C SALE of 2008...
Hobby-Lobby's
Day After Thanksgiving SALE!
Virtually ANYTHING and EVERYTHING R/C
will be on sale at some point throughout the day!

(I'm sure we're skipping the normal wed sale this week. You sure can't hesitate on this hourly sale. I missed some good servos last year because I wasn't decisive enough. The good stuff goes in a couple of minutes. Just saw this on the normal crash page

No CRASH Sale on Wed., Nov. 26th...
...but, our Day After Thanksgiving SALE
starts at 7AM on Friday!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:43 PM
mmackin
Electrics Journeyman

Soooo..? Can anyone give a little bit of heads-up as what might be on the block to watch out for..? For those of you who are seasoned from last years Thanksgiving sale?

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Everything.. Honestly they will put close to everything on sale at some point or another. I always wait for the $25 Lynxs
Old 11-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Atlas motors, Little screamers, escs, lipos, rtfs, arfs, sailplanes, slow flyers, beginner planes, tools, you name it, it goes on sale.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:42 PM
rebel357

Originally Posted by Airhead View Post
Hey Mike,
I thought I was but maybe since I have a new internet service some stuff appears to be missing.. I'm not all that ssure I 'm that happy with my new service. but it is certainly better than no service at all..
I'll keep my eye on the weekends also.. My wife has been begging me to buy some more planes and stuff.....

I wish I had a wife that would be begging me to buy some more planes and stuff.....
Old 11-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Ugh -- I should have waited to buy my F5-E Cammo... Mine is still in the box... :o
Old 11-27-2008, 04:49 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Seems a little insane to have to be online for the entire day, looking every hour. I would assume you would want to check out immediately, so they don't run out before you place your order. They said they may backorder in some cases, but a month or so wait is not my idea of impulse buying. I want it now!
I have to be somewhere in the morning, so they'll probably put what I want onsale from 7-8 am and I'll miss it. I'll have to check here to see what I missed.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Originally Posted by rebel357 View Post
I wish I had a wife that would be begging me to buy some more planes and stuff.....
Well, i don't always tell the truth..:o
Or stretch it a little here and there..
Old 11-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
Seems a little insane to have to be online for the entire day, looking every hour. I would assume you would want to check out immediately, so they don't run out before you place your order. They said they may backorder in some cases, but a month or so wait is not my idea of impulse buying. I want it now!
I have to be somewhere in the morning, so they'll probably put what I want onsale from 7-8 am and I'll miss it. I'll have to check here to see what I missed.
Aw,
just look here and there so you can see whats goin' on. I bought a couple of things last year. nothing too expensive..
Old 11-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Originally Posted by mmackin View Post
Soooo..? Can anyone give a little bit of heads-up as what might be on the block to watch out for..? For those of you who are seasoned from last years Thanksgiving sale?

Thanks!
I did see a link for browsing on the e-mail I received. It is most likely on there regular site as well.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:29 AM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
quick, go buy a web enabled cell phone, so you can keep up to date...
Old 11-28-2008, 03:12 PM
mmackin
Electrics Journeyman

Default $25 Lynx is up 8-9 hour

Regular Price:
Save:
SALE Price:
$49.90
$24.00
$25.90
HMP701 Lynx XF Electric Ducted Fan RC Jet
AVAILABLE NOW
Old 11-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Yup. Always a good deal on those Lynxs. Someone was asking abotu a Salamander. They are on sale for $20 off the ARF and $30 off the RTF.

Quick Reply: Hobby Lobby Crash Sale (only on Wed)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.18748 seconds with 11 queries