Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

RC Factory Yak 54 Balloons up with Throttle

Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 AM
goofeyfoot

Default RC Factory Yak 54 Balloons up with Throttle

Hello:

I just finished building the RC Factory EPP Yak 54. They come from Northeast Sail Products and you can see it here: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsZIQ32a1e8&feature=channel_page[/media]
That's not me flying it!

It is a 3D plane. I don't know much about 3D so I am trying to "fly it regular" for the moment. I will try the 3d stuff when I know more about it.

The plane flies well but when you give it throttle it balloons right up into the air. I have the CG right where it is supposed to be.

Any one have any ideas as to how to stop this? It is quite annoying.

Thanks.

Michael

Last edited by goofeyfoot; 08-10-2009 at 03:20 AM. Reason: spelling and margins
Old 08-10-2009, 03:27 AM
birdDog
Charging....

Mike, Looks like some darn good piloting. You could try giving the motor some more downthrust.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:40 AM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by goofeyfoot View Post
Hello:

I just finished building the RC Factory EPP Yak 54. They come from Northeast Sail Products and you can see it here: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsZIQ32a1e8&feature=channel_page[/media]That's not me flying it!

It is a 3D plane. I don't know much about 3D so I am trying to "fly it regular" for the moment. I will try the 3d stuff when I know more about it.

The plane flies well but when you give it throttle it balloons right up into the air. I have the CG right where it is supposed to be.

Any one have any ideas as to how to stop this? It is quite annoying.

Thanks.

Michael

Did the directions call for thrust offset? Its either too much (up, I think ) thrust, or it could be the decalage (the angle of the horizontal stabilizer in relation to the wing) is negative, making the tail plane like a scoop when you add throttle?

Please, one of you astrophysicists jump in here lol

GRU
Old 08-10-2009, 03:41 AM
wilmracer

That is some good flying. Like birddog mentioned I would check the thrust line and maybe adjust it a few degrees down.

I had to mute the video though... I may come off as a bit cold but I can't stand the yipping sound of little dogs. I actually don't trust flying around dogs at all. I've nearly lost a plane to an un-leashed dog at the local park.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:51 AM
goofeyfoot

Gents:

Thanks for the comments.

Good news and bad news.

The bad news is that I didn't fly that plane. That was a U Tube. I thought I edited my post to say that but I guess I messed up. Sorry about the false advertising.

The good news is that I don't own that dog. Better still, I don't have any dogs.

Thanks again, and yes I will try the downthrust.

Michael