Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Eflite Celectra 4 port charger

Old 02-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Dean in Milwaukee

Default Eflite Celectra 4 port charger

After I started flying my Parkzone T-28 Trojan micro parkflyer, I quickly realized the included battery powered single port charger was not going to cut it. Besides going though a lot of double A batteries that it used, it simply could not keep up with battery use, charging only one battery at a time. A friend had already purchased a Eflite 4Site biplane, and it came with the Celectra charger, and its plug-in power supply. I quickly saw that it was the solution I was looking for. Able to charge 4 batteries at once, and was able to both plug into the wall, and also use large long lasting D sized batteries for times when no outlet was available. I wound up buying my own 4Site / Celectra combo, and it has worked flawlessly so far. I am still on the original set of energizer D cells after a full year of flying since I do plug into the wall whenever possible, and by being able to handle 4 cells, it is able to charge faster than I can fly out the batteries.
This product has been a good investment, and makes flying these little micro planes that much more enjoyable.
Dean
Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 AM
Rob 2268

This looks like a great charger, but I have one question about it: does it charge at a lower rate than the included block chargers so your batteries will last longer?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:57 AM
everydayflyer
Southern Pride

All opf these E flite OEM micro chargers are set at aprox. 300 mA rate , This one has pots. inside which can be set from aprox. 150 to 400 mA .

Mine moded a bit

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...690#post654690

Charles