RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Flash 7 2.4GHz Transmitter

Old 01-07-2015, 10:51 PM
ServoCity

Default Hitec Flash 7 2.4GHz Transmitter

The new Flash 7 2.4GHz Tx from Hitec has arrived!
https://www.servocity.com/html/flash...hz_system.html

Hitecís Flash 7 is the latest in their line of aircraft computer radios for beginners and experts alike. With advanced built-in AFHSS / SLT flexibility, impressive 4096 resolution and ultra-low latency, this affordable, feature-packed transmitter brings ease and reliability to all pilots. The Flash 7 allows you to store up to 20 models and has full telemetry capability to help you keep your finger on the pulse of all your models.

Flash 7 Transmitter Features
Built-in AFHSS / SLT Flexibility
4096 Resolution
Ultra-low Latency (7ms Frame Rate with Maxima RXs)
20 Model Memory
8 Character Model Naming
Acro / Glider / Helicopter Programming
Push Button and Jog Dial Programming Interface
Telemetry Capabilities
Old 02-16-2015, 05:18 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Hitec makes good radios. My first computer radio was a Hitec. However more and more of what people are buying into is the BnF benefits of Spektrum and that whole ecosystem.

I think Hitec needs to promote the TX-R benefit of this radio more than they do.

I have not seen it but publishing set-ups for the various TX-r planes would be a big boost. And set-ups for the various RR planes from Hobbico and Horizon. It should be pretty easy. And if they can be downloaded, even better.

Spektrum is being driven, in part, by the BnF availability of aircraft rather than any special value of their radios. I know people who are staunch Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics pilots who also have Spektrum for the Bnfs. I have a Futaba 9C but also have a Spekturm module for this reason.

It is a new age out there. You need to do more than just provide an excellent radio at a good price. It is more about the whole ecosystem and SLT broadens the eco system for this radio.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:18 PM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

Actually AEJ... I just got finished reading the manual for the Optic 5, and while I'm no expert, from what it said 'bind and fly' was a pretty good description. So while Spektrum has a copyright on the name, maybe not so much the idea.

But again, I'm no expert. and I have never seen how BnF works (add pinch of salt here).
Old 02-19-2015, 12:41 AM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

BnF, a Horizon Hobby Trade mark, means that there is a Spektrum receiver in the plane when you buy it. You just bind it to your radio and you are ready to fly.

TX-R, I think this is a Hobbico trade mark, means there is a Tactic receiver in the plane when you buy it. Just bind it to your Tactic or Hitec SLT radio and you are ready to fly.