Europe For our RC brethren across the pond.

Top Gun Cessna EP

Old 01-18-2009, 05:15 PM
gazzacov
Warm thumbs = More funs!

Default Top Gun Cessna EP

Does anybody have this plane?
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml...tId=0000002984

I have flown one for a while now, and while there are more than a few issues with it, Ive modified it quite a bit, and it's now a brilliant park flyer! Anybody need more info, just ask and i'll be happy to discuss further!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

actually looks pretty nice and has everything with it! since it is probobly standard foam construction, you might consider getting a roll of clear packing tape and coat your main wing and fuselage. this will make it VERY robust and crash resistant.

If you purchase the plane, you should come back and let us know how it goes!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 PM
gazzacov
Warm thumbs = More funs!

As already said, have had a while now! Wings and fuse are pretty robust, and easily repaired with 5min epoxy (dont ask) but the other good side is, very cheap to replace, so now have complete set (wings, fuse,elavator, rudder) as spares, just in case. funny thing is, since i bought these, nothing has broken. Origionally had a problem with ailerons sticking, down to crappy design, and after hearing of at least 5 other flyers who crashed with the same issue modified mine with bits from a super cub, no probs now. Other issues include an ongoing wait (8 weeks now) for motor mount, so uprated it with a tower pro from those excellent guys at giantcod rc and made my own mount to suit. Vertical no problem now, and longer flight times too, spend most of it on around half throttle, with an 8x5 (origional was 8x4) prop. in all, great fun after the mods. Next one will probably be the E Flite T34 Mentor, http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL4800 love the looks on that!
Gareth

Last edited by gazzacov; 01-18-2009 at 10:14 PM.