3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

New! Parkzone Sukhoi Su-26m BNF

Old 03-01-2009, 03:15 AM
pvtzemerak
3D Huckifyer!

Default New! Parkzone Sukhoi Su-26m BNF

Saw this "Little" guy on parkzone.
Quoted from parkzone.com

Price- $129.99

Specifications
  • Wingspan: 15.75 in (400mm)
  • Overall Length: 14.25 in (366mm)
  • Flying Weight: 1.1 oz (34 g)
  • Radio: Spektrum AR6400 receiver (installed), 5+ Channel 2.4GHz transmitter with Spektrum DSM2 (required)
  • Charger: DC single-cell Li-Po
  • No building or gluing required; just add your DSM2™ transmitter* Maximum control afforded by 4-channel aerobatics is perfect for experienced pilots Includes Spektrum's innovative AR6400 receiver Extended flight times with the included 110mAh Li-Po battery Lightweight, durable and easy-to-repair EPS construction
  • Compatible with all DSM2 transmitters*
You’ve never seen anything this small that flies so big. As the first 4-channel Ultra-Micro™ flyer to utilize Bind-N-Fly™ DSM2™ technology, the Sukhoi Su-26m will thrill experienced pilots with its amazing aerobatic capabilities. Based on a Mike McConville design, this exciting addition to ParkZone’s family of Ultra-Micro aircraft definitely doesn’t fly like a toy. Instead, it gives you the feel of being at the flying field, and its incredibly lightweight Spektrum AR6400 receiver and ESC board provide further value and convenience. An additional servo also plugs into the board to drive the Sukhoi’s ailerons.

The Sukhoi has been engineered for a true 4-channel experience, with its remarkable precision control making it perfect for flight in a large yard or gymnasium or even a park on a calm day. To start, all you need to do is charge the included 110mAh Li-Po battery and bind the plane to one of the many compatible DSM2 transmitters*. From rolling circles, loops and snap rolls to aileron rolls, spins and inverted flight, the maximum aerobatic performance of the Ultra-Micro Sukhoi Su-26m is unlike anything else this size.

After spending the day out at the field, unwind with ParkZone’s 4-channel Sukhoi SU-26m, offering you more flying challenges and capabilities than you ever thought possible in an Ultra-Micro flyer.

Pictures

--PvT

Last edited by pvtzemerak; 08-10-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Forgot its for indoor too :D
Old 03-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Desolas

Thumbs up

I think if parkzone would make the same model about double the size, it would be a winner.
It might depend on your area. Around here (Seattle) micro planes like this are huge. The Cessna and Citabria have sold really well and a lot of people are flying them. The LHS I work at has already sold a lot of these new planes and we don't even have them in the store yet...before getting them in the door it is already a winner and has already outsold many of the planes we've stocked on the shelf for more than a year.

It's pretty rare when something new is about to come out that we have people wanting to preorder them without being asked, and we've presold many of this guys already. People are stoked about them. Hopefully the possibility of using it as a 3D platform is very near.

One thing that is great is it's a different model of plane than the Kyosho Cherokee that's hitting the market right now. Not to mention most places will be selling them for $99..how awesome is that. I can go get a cheap plane that is going to be a lot of fun at an impulse price. I've already ordered 2.

Also the electronics make it easier now for people who've wanted to make similar aileron planes or convert existing ones like the Citabria.

This thing is going to be FUN! Can't wait!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:27 PM
pvtzemerak
3D Huckifyer!

Originally Posted by Desolas View Post
It might depend on your area. Around here (Seattle) micro planes like this are huge. The Cessna and Citabria have sold really well and a lot of people are flying them. The LHS I work at has already sold a lot of these new planes and we don't even have them in the store yet...before getting them in the door it is already a winner and has already outsold many of the planes we've stocked on the shelf for more than a year.

It's pretty rare when something new is about to come out that we have people wanting to preorder them without being asked, and we've presold many of this guys already. People are stoked about them. Hopefully the possibility of using it as a 3D platform is very near.

One thing that is great is it's a different model of plane than the Kyosho Cherokee that's hitting the market right now. Not to mention most places will be selling them for $99..how awesome is that. I can go get a cheap plane that is going to be a lot of fun at an impulse price. I've already ordered 2.

Also the electronics make it easier now for people who've wanted to make similar aileron planes or convert existing ones like the Citabria.

This thing is going to be FUN! Can't wait!
Thanks,
I forgot that not everyone lives were i do
--PvT
Old 03-14-2009, 04:37 AM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

I just pre-ordered one from RedRocket.

I wonder if it will hover.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 AM
helidude22

On youtube, I think the second, there is a part where the person is able to hover it. I think it will definitely be a big hit though.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:12 AM
rocket_jim
Fly Long and Land Softly

Default Brought back to reality by my LHS

I got really excited about this plane, but since have been brought back to reality by my LHS.

The operative word here seems to be: "aerobatic" capabilities. When I saw it, I immediately saw "3D", but this does not appear to be that, nor is it likely to become so. Why not?

Combination of Brushed motor, linear servos, and weight.

Also I thought of it along the lines of a Vapor with added ailerons. But realistically it could never fly that slow, nor in such a small space. Just too heavy to be/do that!

So I've recalibrated my thinking on this plane from 3D flying inside my house to
aerobatic fast flying in a larger gym, which is not my easiest to come by flying venue. So I'll watch and wait a little longer for a Vapor-like plane with ailerons, perhaps Wingerons!?

Jim
Old 03-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Desolas

It doesn't look like it will hover in the fashion of a over powered 3D plane...like in the video, I am hearing it will a little bit but basically it's more of a sport plane.

I'm just looking forward to having a small plane I can fly in the gym, and also keep in the trunk when I want to fly something small around the park.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:13 PM
helidude22

yeah, its basicly supposed to be an upgrade from a cessna, one that has a more powerful motor and has ailerons and can go inverted. Seems fine for the begginer. If you want a plane that can do super 3D I think you would definitely have to go bigger, they are not makeing a 3D mcx w/ those servos/ motor.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:25 PM
AndyW

The airfoil looks too thin for slow flight. Maybe a thicker wing, built up and a brushless?

OR, maybe a slimer like a TD .010?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0034.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	96194  
Old 03-14-2009, 07:33 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

have you seen the videos on it?

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ3580

you'll have to right click on the video, and save target as.....

SK

Last edited by ministeve2003; 05-25-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:40 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...oi&hl=en&emb=0#

few more video's

SK

Last edited by ministeve2003; 05-25-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:45 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

I'm gonna make a guess after watching the video's, it seems to haul around pretty quick, but the only part I saw it hovering , it looked like it needed a little more thrust.... so it prob needs a lower pitch prop for better 3d...

SK

Last edited by ministeve2003; 05-25-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:52 PM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

I promised that this would be my next plane, but I might be getting like 27 more before april.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:19 AM
getfuzzy

I just purchased mine tonight as well, got a pretty good deal at 91.00 including shipping Can't wait to get it, the website says it will be in stock mid april, so that'll be about 1 month of painful waiting!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Lancifer

They arent available in my area untill June 20th and thats sweet as thats my birthday but it will also take a week for it to get to my LHS, also my girl is buying me the ParkZone Corsair so that way i have the Specktrum Transmitter to bind the Sukhoi with. I cant wait as they will be my first plane with Alirons. I have a Spitfire but the swervo is screwed on the main wing that controls the alirons. Anyways cant wait!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:33 PM
panzerd18

How can you give it a 4.5 out of 5 when you have never flown it?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:17 AM
EDFrules
GravesRC enabler d:)

I'm sure we'll sell out @ graverc.com as soon as they come in. One of the guys put up a picture of it with "Not available for 4-6 more weeks" on it and a sticker with the same on every catalog! Getting a lot of requests for it every day. I'm sure someone will strip it out and use the components in a 2mm flat foamie for 3D performance.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:58 PM
pvtzemerak
3D Huckifyer!

Originally Posted by panzerd18 View Post
How can you give it a 4.5 out of 5 when you have never flown it?
Easy. Its a prediction; some thoughts. if you really want me to delete it and it bothers you that much i will.
I will keep editing it when i hear and read some reviews.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:34 PM
panzerd18

Originally Posted by pvtzemerak View Post
Easy. Its a prediction; some thoughts. if you really want me to delete it and it bothers you that much i will.
I will keep editing it when i hear and read some reviews.
LOL
Old 05-29-2009, 02:10 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

I would give it a 5 out of 5 on appearance alone.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:16 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

I wonder why this is in the 3D section? The plane is not 3D capable as stock.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 PM
pvtzemerak
3D Huckifyer!

Smile

LOL
Nevermind, its what i think of the model.

I wonder why this is in the 3D section? The plane is not 3D capable as stock.
Yea, i wasnt sure, if someone would like to move it, they can.

On another topic. Has anyone seen E-flite's new Sukhoi Su?
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/EFL2850.html
Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by pvtzemerak View Post

On another topic. Has anyone seen E-flite's new Sukhoi Su?
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/EFL2850.html

i'm not holding my breath for it. for that same price range you can get a 47-49 inch 3dhobbyshop plane that i'd bet will fly better.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:24 AM
panzerd18

Originally Posted by Yaniel View Post
i'm not holding my breath for it. for that same price range you can get a 47-49 inch 3dhobbyshop plane that i'd bet will fly better.
But is that 3shobbyshop plane a 4.5 out of 5 plane?
Old 05-30-2009, 07:01 PM
pvtzemerak
3D Huckifyer!

But is that 3shobbyshop plane a 4.5 out of 5 plane?
from what i hear, they are awesome models

Quick Reply: New! Parkzone Sukhoi Su-26m BNF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10239 seconds with 11 queries