RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Moving rudder to right stick Dx6e

Old 07-04-2020, 07:44 AM
AirmanAirhead
Did that tree move??

Default Moving rudder to right stick Dx6e

7 years ago before I took my break from RC... I think I would have known this but I have forgotten. Here's the deal.

1. I'm using a borrowed DX6e
2. setting up a dual aileron plane
3. using separate channels for the ailerons,
4. the rudder is currently on the left stick.
5. I want the rudder on the right stick, and mix in dual rates of rudder to aileron
6. With this newer radio or probably even my old one, I can't recall how to change the rudder to the right stick.

Any guidance?
Old 07-04-2020, 10:06 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I'm just wondering if you will move onto flying other machines ? Where you will want Rudder on the Left stick ... I assume you are flying Mode 2 ?

If you go for aerobatics - even mild sunday sport variety - having a separate rudder is worth having.

I have grown lazy over the years - flying so many Bank and Yank models - that now needing rudder is proving a bit of a challenge. BUT I'm getting there and I am now very pleased I stuck with it. The benefits far outweigh the re-learn curve.

I also feel there are times when I really do not want combined functions ... as then you are stuck with it. Of course todays radios allow you to use a switch to couple two functions or not at will ... but I'm getting old and I have to admit that its not unusual for me to forget about that switch !! OR lose track of what its switched to ...
Old 07-05-2020, 05:11 AM
gyrocptr

...how to change the rudder to the right stick...
Plug rudder servo into "aileron" channel of the receiver?
Old 07-05-2020, 08:09 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by gyrocptr View Post
...how to change the rudder to the right stick...
Plug rudder servo into "aileron" channel of the receiver?
He could do ... but he also wants to keep the D/R capability of Rudder and it coupled to aileron.

Coupling can be done with a Y lead of course - but then D/R is no longer separate for each.

He will have to do a mix in the programming .... while still plugging respective in their usual slots
Old 07-05-2020, 04:25 PM
gyrocptr

Spektrum dx6e manual shows rudder-aileron mix pre-programmed.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:52 AM
AirmanAirhead
Did that tree move??

UPDATE: Sorry guys. It's been too long since I've flown, over 6 years. I finally got my old DX7 to work correctly, and once I did I was able to check out how I had my planes set up. How I got the idea into my head that I wanted the rudder on the right stick, is now beyond me!!! Sorry for the trouble. I was barking up the wrong tree, and the tree didn't even exist!

I did fly with a little DR mixed with rudder and aileron, BUT the rudder was always on the left stick!!! I think part of the trouble was that I borrowed a radio from a good friend, and it was not set up yet. As I plowed ahead I got overloaded on what I had forgotten and what I needed to remember!!

All is good now. Thanks for you help!