General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

ARF Help

Old 01-03-2009, 08:17 AM
RCNEWBIE

Default ARF Help

HELP!!! I jumped the gun a bit with excitement. I was flying a beginners 3 channel plane.
I started getting interested in getting a 4 channel, I have always been into building too... so I thought getting a ARF was the right idea.
I was excited when I got the box in the mail, but after spending 4 hours or so with it I realized I was way over my head.

Its the bobcat 25, there are some other posts in this website, but Im kinda hoping for the "explain it to me like im a 4 year old" almost step by step.

If anyone out there can help it would be great!!! Thanks.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Got your PM and was going to suggest you start a thread. I'm sure the folks here at WF will be happy to help you get your plane built. What's your first question?
Old 01-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Laggard
Who's got my six?

Being able to build it right now is irrelevant as it's too much plane for you now anyway. Put in the closet and purchase an aileron trainer.

If you really want to fly and crash it, then go ahead and follow the instructions it came with. That you are having problems building it tells me again that it is too much plane for you. Buy and build a couple less complex ARF kits first. You need to build up to a plane like this, both in flying and building.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Low cost way to get started in building a 4 channel with ailerons.

Edit: Helps if I post the link..

GWS E-Starter EP ARF w/EPS400C/BB 37.8"

GWS E-Starter EP ARF w/EPS400C/BB

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHCL2&P=ML

Clint

Last edited by cbatters; 01-03-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I found a bobcat on line but not sure if that's yours. Can you post a link please?

Frank
Old 01-04-2009, 07:22 PM
RCNEWBIE

Thanks Guys. The truth is that I am not new to flying just building. I have never had an ARF always bought RTF. I have also been flying the plane on my simulator for about 1 year. I got started with the build, and started to find my way through. All the wires have been fished through the cracks, and I have 3 of the servos in place.
I would like to know the proper way to install a servo, wire and horn. I think I got it correct, and tested, but I am sure their is a more proper way. Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by RCNEWBIE View Post
Thanks Guys. The truth is that I am not new to flying just building. I have never had an ARF always bought RTF. I have also been flying the plane on my simulator for about 1 year. I got started with the build, and started to find my way through. All the wires have been fished through the cracks, and I have 3 of the servos in place.
I would like to know the proper way to install a servo, wire and horn. I think I got it correct, and tested, but I am sure their is a more proper way. Please let me know. Thanks.
I snapped a few photos for you. This is a typical servo to control arm hookup.

Frank

Last edited by Murocflyer; 10-29-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 AM
proffcharlie

RCNEWBIE,
I'll give what advise I can. Like Frank, I'm not sure which Bobcat your talking about. Give us a link or at least a picture so we know we are talking about apples and not oranges. I have never built a Bobcat but with a link most times it's possible to download a copy of the manual and then it's a lot easier to compare notes. Most construction follows common methods so we should be able to figure just about anything out.

Charlie