E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

CX-2 Why are my blades damaged?

Old 03-16-2008, 03:53 AM
K CLOSE
Huge Member

Default CX-2 Why are my blades damaged?

Hi fellow Wattheads. I usually hang out in Warbirds, but I'm brand new to helis. My boy started messing around with helis on my old Realflight G-2 and really showed an intrest so I went and bought a CX-2 from my lhs. I'm now learning so I can teach him. My question is this;
I have not "crashed" the thing (nice little bird IMO) but after some flights I land with damaged blades. Didn't hit anything, landed a little hard sometimes but not enough to break the skids or training gear. I looked around but I didn't see any other postings on mysterious blade nicks/chips/cracks (watch there be pages on it that I missed). What gives? Am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-16-2008, 04:00 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

sounds like you are hitting the uppers and lowers against each other.

These CX's do not like quick maneuvers. easy on the sticks will keep that from happening.

There is a company out there somewhere, forget the name, that makes a taller shaft to give more spacing between them helping to eliminate that situation.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:05 AM
K CLOSE
Huge Member

Thanks Bill, that makes sense. I am still slapping the sticks about quite often to keep from bangin' into stuff.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:07 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

That'll do it!

At least replacement blades aren't too expensive! I buy by the bulk.:o
Old 03-16-2008, 04:54 AM
K CLOSE
Huge Member

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
That'll do it!

At least replacement blades aren't too expensive! I buy by the bulk.:o
Now THATS some solid advise.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Twmaster

Some have recommended putting the inner shaft and upper head from a Dynam Vortex/Orbiter on the CX to reduce blade clacking.

See here: http://www.r-2.nl/cx2/ Good info about the CX.

So I gotta ask...

I fly the daylights out of my much modded CX. I have never EVER had to replace the blades. No crashes, no clacking...

What are youse guys doing to your birds???

Old 03-16-2008, 03:51 PM
phupper
Flyin' Phup

I modified my CX2 to fly outdoors, quick manuvers without blade damage. I can even hold it in my hand at WOT and shake it back and forth with no damage.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21640
Old 03-16-2008, 04:09 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
Some have recommended putting the inner shaft and upper head from a Dynam Vortex/Orbiter on the CX to reduce blade clacking.

See here: http://www.r-2.nl/cx2/ Good info about the CX.

So I gotta ask...

I fly the daylights out of my much modded CX. I have never EVER had to replace the blades. No crashes, no clacking...

What are youse guys doing to your birds???

Mines not from clacking the baldes together Mike...:o I try to do more with it than I shoulsd I suppose
Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 AM
singingperry

Got some xtreme blades from kr hobbies and as many time I crash they have not a single ding in them. You'll need the folding blade holders though which cost, but they save a lot of money in the long run. Krs has combo kits that are gorgeous , and take consisent abuse without any issues,so tough even glue or paint won't stick to the plastic which explains all the tiny screws. Shaft extensions that prevent blade clash really help also.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:51 AM
K CLOSE
Huge Member

Yeah, I'm going through a LOT of blades ( my oldest son is flying it now, too ). Neither one of us is any good yet, but at least were not crashing into stuff. WELL, I should say not as much. I did do a doozie of a crash tonight. Dead calm outside and put it up REALLY high just to goof around. I was doing these hard left to right and back again sideways swoops. Kinda like a "u" shape. I guess I got too carried away, 'cause she rolled over on her side- hung there for just a second- and then went inverted. Really-high-so-lots-of-time-no-worries----but NOTHING made a bit of diffrence. Cut the throttle and wait for the "Heli ending crunch" into the pavement that comes with a good 8 story high free fall.

Now here's the good bit... there is one small bush on the corner. By Graphthars Hammer if she dosen't land right in it. NOT A BIT OF REAL DAMAGE. Not even bad blade damage. Hows that old saying go, something about fools and drunks.