General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

New Blade owner and new to this hobby. I got questions.

Old 01-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Brutal E

Default New Blade owner and new to this hobby. I got questions.

Bought a Blade, bought two actually. Radds flight school, yep it does the trick I am flying and catching on quick. I love the hobby so far. Only into the hobby for about 470 dollars. Not bad for starting. 1 crash after flight school nothing broken and I was actually glad to get my first crash out of the way. Love the forum new to it also. I scoured it before and after making my purchases. Took it slow and now I can fly. Thank you to all the people here. Now to the questions.

1. What can the blade lift weight wise? I want to fly a camera rig, a color spycam with a small 9 volt battery. Is this possible?

2. What kind of upgrades will make my heli fly better for camera work? (Smooth, less vibration and such.)

3. I want something to fly at work in the lobby the Micron heli looks perfect for this. Is this copter harder to fly than the Blade or easier? Does not really matter just wondering about its abilities. Also where to buy it cheap? Get it as a kit? Probably not due to its size. Just wondering if it can be used with my Blade TX or does it come with its own?

4. What is a good step up heli that I can use the guts from my second Blade to set up? (Will eventually step up after I get my training done.)

5. What is a good way to drain the stock Blade battery?

Thanks to any users who reply.
Great site guys keep up the good work.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Motions

Originally Posted by Brutal E View Post
1. What can the blade lift weight wise? I want to fly a camera rig, a color spycam with a small 9 volt battery. Is this possible?

2. What kind of upgrades will make my heli fly better for camera work? (Smooth, less vibration and such.)
I think I can answer the first 2 questions. I currently have a spycam mounted in my BCP - http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2624

I have 1300mA Lipos and carbon blades. You won't be able to lift much with the stock batteries. The pics on the post above were a while back and I don't use stock batteries anymore. Here is a video I took with a separate 9v battery hanging under the lipo - http://heli-shots.com/high_altitude_bcp.mpg

Last edited by Motions; 01-23-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:44 AM
Brutal E

Cool rig.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Brutal E

4. What is a good step up heli that I can use the guts from my second Blade to set up? (Will eventually step up after I get my training done.)

This question is the one I really want to know about most. Is the blade radio, gyro and servos good enough to build something cool?

Looking for a kit that will get me the most bang for my buck. Durable, easy to fly, and uses my E-flight radio set up.

Motor upgrades mean I can not use my 4 in 1 is that true?

Then kit needs to be able to use compatible motors from Blade CP. I bought two Heli magazines lots of stuff in them both. I am lost about compatibilities with my radio set up.