Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

CellPro Charger...need help!!

Old 08-31-2008, 04:10 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Default CellPro Charger...need help!!

Hey guys, I have a friend who is having a problem with his Cell Pro Carger. He says that when he plugs it in, the power LED flashes. Is this supposed to happen? The reason I ask, is that when he plugs in a battery to charge it, the charger gets warm like it's doing it's job, but he gets no display letting him know how much juice is in the battery. The manual is very vague and doesn't help at all. If there's anyone out there who has this particular charger that can help, that would be AWESOME! Thanks.

Mike
Old 08-31-2008, 04:13 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Hey guys, I have a friend who is having a problem with his Cell Pro Carger. He says that when he plugs it in, the power LED flashes. Is this supposed to happen? The reason I ask, is that when he plugs in a battery to charge it, the charger gets warm like it's doing it's job, but he gets no display letting him know how much juice is in the battery. The manual is very vague and doesn't help at all. If there's anyone out there who has this particular charger that can help, that would be AWESOME! Thanks.

Mike
The cell pro 4s or 10s?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:21 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

I wanna say 4. My "friend" I'm talking about is CaptEasy. I just got off the phone with him. He's in town and wants to hook up and fly, but his charger is giving him issues.

I know this is off topic, but he's also having an issue with his Tx. He said he has to bind his Rx everytime he plugs in the battery or it doesn't work right. He has a DX6i. I told him he doesn't need to keep the bind plug in after binding. Any ideas? He says if he doesn't bind it, the ailerons go in the same direction and things aren't right. Thanks for responding Bill!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

No problem Mike, If he has a power led then he does not have a cellpro charger, just checked mine and neither the 4 or 10 have a power led.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 AM
flydiver
Super Contributor

Huh? There is no LED. There is a screen with info. If that is flashing I think maybe there are serious problems. First thing that comes to mind is adequate and appropriate power. It NEEDS to be 12-15V (NO MORE) and 5A.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:35 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Well he says he bought a 12v power supply. I think it's a rechargeable battery that plugs into the wall. he may not have a full charge on the battery. I have a battery just like that, and even if I plug it into the wall, it will only work if it was fully charged before being plugged into the wall. Could this be his issue?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:36 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Thanks guys. Also, what LED light is there on this charger?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:43 AM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Thanks guys. Also, what LED light is there on this charger?
the cellpro 4s doesnt have any LED light on it, i'm not really sure what LED your friend is talking about.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:45 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Yaniel View Post
the cellpro 4s doesnt have any LED light on it, i'm not really sure what LED your friend is talking about.
I'll have to verify...hold one.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:47 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

yeha, no led on the 4s.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:47 AM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

if he's using an external power supply, maybe he's talking about a light on it.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:55 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

My mistake guys, there is no light on the charger. The light is actually on the AC/DC adapter the came with the charger. He said he bought it as a package deal, and the AC/DC Adapter he bought is made by the same people. There is a green light on the power adapter that blinks rapidly. He also says that his display on the charger doesn't come on now.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:01 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

sounds like a faulty power supply. Hook it up to the car battery to see if it works. If it does the PS should be sent back for repair/replacement.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:04 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Thanks Bill!! I PMed him the link to this thread. You guys are AWESOME!! Thanks a million folks!!

Mike
Old 08-31-2008, 05:07 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

That's why we are here Buddy!
Old 08-31-2008, 05:18 AM
jkaven

Is there a fuse on the power supply? It might have blown.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:28 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

He says he's checked everything else and it seems find. He says that the fuse looks to be good. Thanks for the response friend.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:50 AM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

Default Cellpro 4S

Okay guys-
Here's the situation. I have a new Cellpro 4s and compatable REVLECTRUX AC/DC power supply - both from FMA.

I plugged the AC power supply and charger into the wall for the very time. (I didn't notice if the green light on the AC power supply was blinking or not.)

A CP4S-TP/PQ4S battery adapter was attached to the charger and POLYQUEST Enerland 11.1V 3S1P battery into the adapter.
I don't recall specifially what te display indicated but the battery conditon appeared normal and I disconnected everything.

Later I decided to check a couple new Revolectrux batteries and reattached everything except for any battery adapter.....no display on the charger at all this time but did notice the powere supply small green light was blinking rapidly.

A minutes later the charger felt slightly warm but no dislay was indicated. Everything was then disconnected and I talked to Angler Hi.

I'm going to attach the charger directly to a 12 V DC battery with the alligator clips and see what happens now...

I'll be back in a few.
Dick

Last edited by Capt Easy; 08-31-2008 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:07 AM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

Okay I'm back - nothing indicated on the charger display following connecting to a good 12V DC source.

Out of curiousity I reconnected the power supply back up to AC again. This time th small green light on the power supply was solid green - not blinking. But still no display on the charger.

Admittedly, I'm very new at all this - as some may be aware so if anyone sees an error in my procedure please sound off.

Thanks much...

Dick
Old 08-31-2008, 06:11 AM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

The fuse on the power supply was checked again following direct DC battery power supply conection and is now blown......
Dick
Old 08-31-2008, 02:27 PM
jkaven

Originally Posted by Capt Easy View Post
The fuse on the power supply was checked again following direct DC battery power supply conection and is now blown......
Dick
Better just call FMA and send it all back. It sounds like something is seriously wrong.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:31 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

sounds like you had everything done the righ way. Let us know what happens when you change the fuse on the PS.

It could also be a faulty charger if you hooked it up to the car battery and it did not come on.

I would contact FMA directly and speak to their techs. Very helpful folks up there.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

That sucks Dick. I hope they send you a new one. Don't worry though, we'll get your batteries charged.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

I'll try and find an .8A fuse and try it again later. Depending on what happens after that I'll contact FMA Tuesday and find out what they have to offer.

I'll let you know what the outcome is....

If anyone has anything to add please do, thanks for all your help.

Dick
Old 09-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Did you ever find a fuse?

Quick Reply: CellPro Charger...need help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13460 seconds with 12 queries