Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

ELF DLG Electronics

Old 08-17-2018, 03:48 PM
loumickie

Default ELF DLG Electronics

All,

New to the forum and to DLG. I just purchased an ELF from Kennedy Composites and I'm trying to get the electronics sorted out.

So far I have been struggling to find a suitable RX battery (45x21x12mm is supposed to be the actual battery space). I have found a 4.8 NiMH that will fit, but I was also looking for a 1S LiPO, but no luck there. Apparently the height of the pack is critical because of the canopy shape.

I'm thinking of using Blue Bird 101 DMG servos, a FrSky DR4ii RX, with a FrSky radio (yet to decide on FrSky radio model).

Any and all advice would be appreciated. I don't find soldering up my own RX pack if need be.

Thanks,
Lou
Old 08-17-2018, 07:10 PM
loumickie

Just ordered two of these batteries from Hobby King, hopefully they will fit. Now I need servos a TX, and a RX.

TURNIGY NANO-TECH 750MAH 1S 35-70C LIPO PACK (WALKERA V120D02S/QR INFRA X/QR W100S)
Old 08-19-2018, 05:40 AM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Talk to Barry kennedy. He sells all that stuff for his planes. I fly his AVA, Supra, and Blaster III. He is a great guy and can fix you up with whatever you need.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:11 PM
loumickie

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the ELF from Barry, and your right he was very helpful. I finalized my parts with a couple of Blue Bird servos, a FrSky Taranis radio, and an X4R Rx from FrSky.

Anxiously waiting for everything to show up, so I can get her built. I was a bit suprised that I had to go to several different vendors (three actually) to get everything I needed.

I guess I'm spoiled, in my other hobby (model railroading), I can usually find almost everything in one place. Not a big deal, but it does drive up the cost a bit due to shipping.

I bought my radio from a U.S. vendor (Aloft) just in case there are any warranty issues, as oppossed to the uquitous Amazon route.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:00 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Kennedy Composites does a great job. When I ordered my Supra I ordered everything from barry except the receiver. Made the set-up so easy.

Glad you found what you need.

Aloft is also an excellent source. I have dealt with them in the past and very happy with their service.

Happy flying!