General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Hobby Lobby Experience

Old 09-06-2006, 09:47 PM
xray328
Tear it up n' get a bunch

Default Hobby Lobby Experience

I bought an Esskay 400 a few months back and specifically asked them if they offered the 1/2 price replacement deal on these motors. The said that they did, which suprised me given thier cost. Anyway, recently the motor went out due to a couple crashes. So of course I contacted them to get the details on how to return the motor for a 1/2 price replacement. I was then told, by the vice president of the company, that they do not offer the 1/2 price replacement on these becuase they are so inexpensive anyway. So I forwarded the original e-mail to a general customer service address. I was then told, by another customer service rep that, yes, they are covered under the 1/2 price warranty. So I was like . So I forwarded him the vice presidents e-mail. Then I was told that because he's the vice president his decision stands.

My beef with this is that they should stand behind what they originally said. Obviously theres some miscommunication there, but since I specifically asked this question before I bought the motor, shouldn't they stand by that? I really don't care becuase its such a cheap motor buts its really more about the principle of the while thing. What do you guys think?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:57 PM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

Boy I wish they did since I only paid $15 for mine.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:50 AM
xray328

Me too. But again, its not the price, its the principle of the thing. I hate it when companies won't live up to thier word.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:02 AM
N3CLI
Retired Pharmacist

Try Contacting Jim Martan who started the company and has now sold it. He works there as the head honcho and might be able to help.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:24 AM
xray328

Thanks, I just mioght do that.

I have mixed feelings about this. I feel silly making such a big deal about something under $10 (1/2 the replacement cost). On the other hand I feel that they should do what the said they would.

In a perfect world though they would have done the right thing from the beginning.

My last e-mail to them basically said just that. I understand they made a mistake but they should honor what they originally said. Its like the store that puts the wrong price on something, then won't honor it.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:26 AM
airmail wf
Super Contributor

If you go to the Toledo show or any of the big shows that they do, take your motor with you. Chances are they will give you a new one free.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Warden

I'll wager that if the send the motor back along with the email saying that the replacement would be half price, you'll get a new motor for half price.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Bigfoot21075

I would forward the emails to the VP with a very nice explanation of what happened. I bet he will make it right.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:37 AM
xray328

Actually, the reason I was originally e-mailing them was to find out the process of returning the motor. Some companies need a return authorization number for instance.

That was when they said the motor wasn't covered.

I'm sure I'll buy another one though, they're just such a good deal. Maybe I'll try sending it back with an order for another one with the e-mail and see what happens.