RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec and 2.4GHz

Old 04-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Default Hitec and 2.4GHz

Who's ready for Hitec to come out with their version of the 2.4GHz Tx and Rxs?

I like Hitec's transmitters and have an Optic 6 and a Laser 4 used as a buddy box. I've been holding on getting the two other 2.4GHz Txs on the hope that Hitec will come out with their own.

Anyone else looking for one also?

Comments welcomed.

Frank
Old 04-14-2007, 02:00 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I am sure I will be going with the Optic 6. I like the idea of being able to use my old gear and upgrade to 2.4 with the same system. Not a bad price either.

Have you ever had problems with the module losing contact and causing interference?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:05 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

I am ready, they need to get in gear and get them out, I seen Futaba has there out now.
We have a old Prizam 3 and a Eclipse 7 and I want to buy a Eclipse myself.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:22 PM
buzzltyr

I have two Eclipse 7's, but I'm not holding my breath. Mike Mayberry has been quoted as saying that Hitec is "working on it", but there have been no reports of progress, potential release dates, etc. My guess is that a Hitec designed and manufactured 2.4gHz system is a long ways off. Hopefully one of the other manufacturers will produce modules for the Hitec Tx's. From what I read, the most likely one will be Xtremelink.

Mark
Old 04-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I'm not holding my breath, but I'll bet we see them out by summer's end. If not, I might have to switch brands. No, I'll wait. (try to wait )

Frank
Old 04-14-2007, 02:42 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I have not looked in to buying one but Spektrum has modules for the Hitec radios.
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1655

Last edited by smokejohnson; 04-14-2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: hyperlink
Old 04-14-2007, 02:50 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
I have not looked in to buying one but Spektrum has modules for the Hitec radios.
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1655
I only see Futaba and JR.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Smoke,

Are you confusing Spektrum with Spectra?

Frank

PS Reading over the Spektrum specs, sure makes me want one. Just gotta be patient.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:04 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

This is what makes me think they have them for Hitec. It was posted here in post #66.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
module.pdf (254.5 KB, 459 views)
Old 04-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Foamaholic
Electric since 1990

Picked up an XtremeLink module and 8 channel rx yesterday at Toledo for my Optic. Very nice. I'll try it out when the weather gives me a chance.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
This is what makes me think they have them for Hitec. It was posted here in post #66.
You're right, it says Hitec on the PDF but doesn't list a module for it unless I overlooked it. I don't know enough about them to say either way.

Hopefully someone can clarify and educate me on it.

Frank
Old 04-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by Foamaholic View Post
Picked up an XtremeLink module and 8 channel rx yesterday at Toledo for my Optic. Very nice. I'll try it out when the weather gives me a chance.
Cool! Let us know how it goes. How much did it run you?

Frank
Old 04-15-2007, 12:40 AM
rca

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
You're right, it says Hitec on the PDF but doesn't list a module for it unless I overlooked it. I don't know enough about them to say either way.

Hopefully someone can clarify and educate me on it.

Frank
It is the same as the Futaba module. If you look in the parts listing it is listed as FUT/HIT.

Ron
Old 04-15-2007, 01:02 AM
Foamaholic
Electric since 1990

Yes, I can use it in Fuaba or Hitec tx's. $191 out the door.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Eric_N57105

Originally Posted by Foamaholic View Post
Yes, I can use it in Fuaba or Hitec tx's. $191 out the door.
That doesn't seem like such a good deal. You can get a DX6 with 4 servos and a receiver for $180 all over the net. So why would anyone go for that?

Eric
Old 04-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by rca View Post
It is the same as the Futaba module. If you look in the parts listing it is listed as FUT/HIT.

Ron
Yup, sure does. Thanks. I missed that the first three times I looked at it. :o

Frank
Old 04-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Spencer J
ELECTRIC > GAS

There are allot of down sides to 2.4ghz, espically illegal cameras bought from hong knog that do not check freq. before going online But 72mhz is jsut as bad...or good, depending how you look at it
Old 04-15-2007, 04:59 AM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

I dont think the other radio manufacturers were prepared for the popular response that spektrum got when they released the DX6 & 7. Now Futaba and JR joined in...a couple big names...now its time for companies like Hitec and airtronics to get involved. I'm sure they are burning midnight oil playing catch-up right now.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:09 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Yup, I bet. I've seen the Spektrum radios in action and they are very nice. I'm brand loyal to Hitec as their stuff I have is working out well for me so I'm hoping they get something for prime time pretty soon.

Frank
Old 04-15-2007, 06:45 PM
chute42
what could go wrong?

Originally Posted by eHobby RC.com View Post
There are allot of down sides to 2.4ghz, espically illegal cameras bought from hong knog that do not check freq. before going online But 72mhz is jsut as bad...or good, depending how you look at it
Could you give some examples of the "down side" of 2.4ghz? I have just been reading about the new JR 9303 2.4ghz and would like more input on 2.4.
Chuck
Old 04-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Spencer J
ELECTRIC > GAS

1. If the 2.4ghz band is full (Very possible with all of the Wifi, Cell Phones, Wireless Land Lines, VoIP, computers, cameras....etc.) you cannot operate. 2. Just because the DX6/7 checks for open freq does not mean that other nodes do. It is not illegal to have a 2.4ghz transmitter not check the freq. before it goes online. This means that if you are already flying and a guy gets a call on his cheap phone.....buh bye $400 flying foam. 3. Lots of illegal cameras from Hong Kong (Check ebay if you don't believe me) put out allot of rf waves that can jam 2.4ghz within it's range.

72mhz items are much less common and the chances of you running into another pilot at a park are much less then running into a wifi router. Also the DX seris has had reported range problems. Did I mention you can only buy Sptectrum receivers?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:10 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Not accurate Spener. This is directly form the spektrum website.

Won't cell phones and WiFi systems cause interference?
They can't. Those that are on the 2.4GHz band will "work together" with DSM technology if they're close by. If they're far away, they won't interfere. And if they're on other bands, they sure won't interfere

The DSM technology lets the system work together.

Each Spektrum transmitter has a GUID (Globally Unique Identifier) code. Binding is the process of programming the receiver to recognize the GUID of a single, specific transmitter. Binding teaches the receiver the specific GUID of that transmitter so that the receiver will only listen to the information from its previously bound transmitter and ignores everything else. With over 4.2 billion GUID codes, the chances of having a interference from another transmitter is virtually impossible.

I and everyone else I know that uses these radios have never had an interference problem of any sort. I have actaully talked on my phone while my son was flyinf his plane. I was standing right behind him!

The one and only time I was shot down was on my Hitec 72mhz radio due to another guy showing up at the other end of the field and firing up... bye bye plane

True you have to use spektrum receivers... I'm ok with that for reliability. They are no more expensive than any other "good" quality receiver.

And if you are worried about range the DX7 fixes that problem.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Spencer J
ELECTRIC > GAS

Oh but it is accurate. There are lots of illegal transmitters around your city that do not check the freq before they get on. All there has to be is one node that does not check the air and yoru airplane dies.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ge=search&fgtp=

Everyone of those cameras is illegal. Why? Because it does not check freq and/or it is 1.2ghz.

I have never had a problem with 72mhz, and the only thing on 72mhz are other airplane transmitters. And unless you are at a field/club that has a simple board, you don't need to worry about much
Old 04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

no... it's not.... If you read that, the spektrum receiver ignores what does not come from the tx it is bound to.

keep your 72 that's fine... but don't knock something that works. It has been certified by the AMA as well... so it must work pretty good.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Twizter68
I can't see my plane.....

e-hobby, you should read the description of the Spektrum systems; bringing up interference from transmitters on other bands (ie. 1.2 GHz cameras) is just silly. I fly near a military airfield, where there is quite a bit of 1.2 GHz RF blasting through the air...Firemanbill has to deal with the same, as we are both in an area surronded by military installations with RF transmitters working 24/7....and I have never had a glitch with my DX6.

Quick Reply: Hitec and 2.4GHz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13464 seconds with 14 queries