Cobbled together, mini storm launcher/ xpv - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Cobbled together, mini storm launcher/ xpv

Old 10-07-2007, 01:19 AM
trippleduce
i'm new here...

info Cobbled together, mini storm launcher/ xpv

allright, been reading your threads for about a month now, and still had a few questions that i think i answered myself!
i had a mini storm launcher, and an mini xpv, now i have both... and neither!
i took the motors out of the xpv, moved the motors in the msl, and fried both boards, and the xpv's lipo, i guess why i am posting is to find out what i did wrong, and if what i wanted to do was even possible!
What i wanted to do: Well, my mini storm launcher (msl) was in a horrable crash, and one of the morots didnt recover completely, which resulted in tight circles. So i decided to put the motors in line with eachother, and add the motors from the mini xpv to where the msl's motors were... and i figured, if your adding the motors, might as well add the extra lipo as well.
for those of you who know, there are some extra wires in the msl, which you can use to add your own charger jack for a lipo charger, well, i just soldered the xpv's lipo onto those jacks, and added the mxpv's engines by soldering them to the wires that lead to the msl's engines. result was a fried board in the msl, now... if you havnt quit reading cuz this is way too long, and if you havnt quit reading cuz this is not making any sence... what did i do wrong, ow was what i wanted to do just impossable?!
Old 10-07-2007, 01:37 AM
fr4nk1yn
^_^

Connected battery backwards?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:50 AM
trippleduce
i'm new here...

no, no, it was all red to red and black to black... the mini xpv's batt was smaller than the msl's tho, that might have been a problem
Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Schoolhacker

hey man question... can you run it in snow? cause i never tried... the manuel said that your not suppose to run it in temperatures under 7 degrees... lol i took off the wheels so maby it will owrk... just asking if any of you already tried lol
Old 10-24-2007, 01:29 AM
trippleduce
i'm new here...

it hasnt snowed here yet, and... as it is now, it doesnt run