Official Spektrum DX8 Thread!!! - Page 12 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Official Spektrum DX8 Thread!!!

Old 03-12-2015, 10:51 PM
JCNH

No Andy. I used the DX8 on a Hex a while back so I actually reset the transmitter back to default. Good thought. Thanks
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 AM
AndyKunz
Spektrum Dev Team

Can you attach the SPM file for it?

Andy
Old 03-13-2015, 02:51 AM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by JCNH View Post
Just installed DJI Lightbridge on a Phantom 2. I'm using a Spektrum DX8 and everything seems to be mapped fine but I'm having an issue with the throttle. Typical throttle for a phantom is a spring return stick to center. The DX8 throttle is not spring return which really is not an issue but I cannot get the phantom controller to see the stick below 50%. From 0% to 49% the controller still shows the DX8 stick at 50% and only once I go past center does it see the stick go from 50% to 100%. (I hope this makes sense) I'm running from the trainer port to the lightbridge and all of the other channels are fine. Any ideas?
Thanks

You can get the parts for adding the spring and pull the ratchet then put the spring centering in. Its REALLY simple.

I know that doesn't solve the software issue, but the mechanical is not a problem. (other than it needing to be changed back for your other models...)

I wish I still had the old Kraft Joystick (made for the ancient IBM XT) that had "switches" that you could flick to disable the centering springs, so i could see how they did it. That would be a neat mod to do to a TX for someone that needs some to have the spring and others not.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:06 PM
JCNH

Andy, I'm away from home for a couple of days but I'll send to you as soon as I return.
fhhuber, that's a good idea, I'll search for the parts. That way I'll have the same control setup on both birds. Less confusion, less chance of an issue.
Thanks to you both.
Jim C
Old 03-22-2015, 06:39 PM
JCNH

Andy,
Thanks for the offer of assistance. Just had a chance to get back to the Phantom with a fresh mind. Did some additional testing and the issue had nothing to do with the DX8. Actually had a problem with the Naza controller in the Phantom. After a full recalibration in the Phantom controller software it works like a charm.
Thanks again.
Jim C
Old 04-01-2015, 09:18 PM
rcflyers52

My DX8 antenna stopped rotating left to right on my DX8 transmitter.

I removed the back casing to investigate and accidentally broke off the tiny coaxial socket located on the RF Deck,

See picture with pin arrowed.

The small coaxial socket appears to have been fixed to the circuit board on only one side and came away very easily as I was attempting to remove the antenna coaxial plug,

I have plugged the plug back onto the small pin sticking up from the circuit board, question is, does the outer part of the coax plug connect to the RF deck in any way?

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150401_202822.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	180039  
Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 PM
AndyKunz
Spektrum Dev Team

Yes, it's the shield for the antenna.

Send it back, they'll fix it up real quick and make sure it's operating properly. Having it band-aided at home isn't the way I'd like to be flying any of my planes.

Andy
Old 06-01-2017, 10:28 PM
villare1

Default Spektrum DX8 with AR5000 Flaperon Problem

Hello Everyone, I was wondering is any one was mixing flaperon using the DX8 with the AR5000. IF so please send me your programing any help i would appreciated it

The only place I have been able to find anything to do this was here and the information is below, my problem is I programmed the DX8 and configure the AR5000 exactly to the directions below but when I activate the flaps switch one flaperon goes up and the other flaperon goes down instead of both going down, the aileron works perfectly but the flaps dont....everything else works perfectly....

Thanks to Handeye in another page he had this imformation

I have 4 of the AR500 receivers so I had to figure out how to do this. many thanks to David W at Horizon Support as he is the one that got me through this! Before beginning this you MUST install the DX8 Airware Software version 1.03 to your radio.

Here is the radio setup walk through:

System Setup Menu
-Wing Type
--Select Flaperon as wing type
-Switch Select
--Gear Inh
Main Screen
-Mix 1
--Ail to ger
--rates to 100, Offset 0, Trim Act, Sw On
-Mix 2
--Ax1 to ger
--rates to 100, Offset 0, Trim Inh, Sw On
-Flap System
--Assign Norm 0,0; Mid 35,5; Land 50,9 (adjust to your plane and preferance)

Go to monitor and verify that the ailerons move in seperate directions AND that the gear moves in the same direction as the right aileron. If it does not then the flap will move in the wrong direction.

For the AR500 receiver place the left aileron in the aileron slot next to the throttle. Place the right aileron in the gear slot.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or if I have described something incorrectly.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Didn't read it properly...

Last edited by Panther; 06-02-2017 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:06 AM
squidger

If one aileron is moving the wrong way when flaperons are set up go to your mix and for the aileron that's moving the wrong way change the mix setting from 100 to -100 and that should fix the problem and not affect the aileron direction when you put an aileron input in.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:19 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by villare1 View Post
The only place I have been able to find anything to do this was here and the information is below, my problem is I programmed the DX8 and configure the AR5000 exactly to the directions below but when I activate the flaps switch one flaperon goes up and the other flaperon goes down instead of both going down, the aileron works perfectly but the flaps dont....everything else works perfectly....

.[/COLOR]
FYI, on my DX9 with an 9 channel receiver, just configure the model with dual flapperons, rudder, elevator and engine. The DX9 automatically assigns all servo channels, just plug in the servos by trial and error until all works properly.

I also have an older DX8. Is the newest DX8 similar in programming to the DX9's?

Personal experience with flapperons has not been good. It's probably dependent on the model type, but on the three models I've tried it on, actuating flapperons made the model extremely susceptible to tip stall on landings. The flapperons made the landings worse, not better.