my 110MPH wild wing - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

my 110MPH wild wing

Old 03-04-2009, 02:35 AM
littlephoenix

since i have been getting allot of emails regarding what type of mount i use, here is a video of my wild wing from close up, hope this helps
remember, i only use criss cross tape to mount the aluminum plate i made onto teh back of the wing

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK5-PhTrGs[/media]
Old 03-04-2009, 04:19 PM
carpetbomb

Originally Posted by littlephoenix View Post
since i have been getting allot of emails regarding what type of mount i use, here is a video of my wild wing from close up, hope this helps
remember, i only use criss cross tape to mount the aluminum plate i made onto teh back of the wing

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK5-PhTrGs[/media]
heya! I was one of the people that e-mailed you thanks so much the video - that really helped a lot. How fast is your setup on a 3S pack? I tried mounting a 4S pack in my wild wing last night, but it's way too big. How're you dealing with that?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM
littlephoenix

Originally Posted by carpetbomb View Post
heya! I was one of the people that e-mailed you thanks so much the video - that really helped a lot. How fast is your setup on a 3S pack? I tried mounting a 4S pack in my wild wing last night, but it's way too big. How're you dealing with that?
Hello
I have tried this same setup on a 3S using a 6.5 prop, its around 75mph not to bad, but not as fast as a 4S setup, i used a 1750Mah battery so its a little smaller but still a fat cell, so i had to carve the foam from the top a bit and also how i have my hatch, youll notice on the bottom i gained a few MM of extra space because the wooden cover is on top of the hatch, and again i carved the top inside of the airfoil with a thin blade until this pack fits snug, hope that makes sense,
now did you find the motor?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
carpetbomb

Originally Posted by littlephoenix View Post
Hello
I have tried this same setup on a 3S using a 6.5 prop, its around 75mph not to bad, but not as fast as a 4S setup, i used a 1750Mah battery so its a little smaller but still a fat cell, so i had to carve the foam from the top a bit and also how i have my hatch, youll notice on the bottom i gained a few MM of extra space because the wooden cover is on top of the hatch, and again i carved the top inside of the airfoil with a thin blade until this pack fits snug, hope that makes sense,
now did you find the motor?
Nope, I wasn't able to find the motor on the HC website. The closet match was is this one: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7993

Is that the one you're using? The post says 2835-2350, not 2836-2350.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
littlephoenix

Originally Posted by carpetbomb View Post
Nope, I wasn't able to find the motor on the HC website. The closet match was is this one: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7993

Is that the one you're using? The post says 2835-2350, not 2836-2350.

yes that link you sent IS in fact the motor im using, i must of typed it wrong :P

500 watts of power, amazing motor for the price, just make sure when using a 4S lipo, do not go over 5x5 prop or you will make the life of the motor short as the windings turn yellow
Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
carpetbomb

Awesome! thanks so much.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Dauthi
Habitual Lurker

Nice looking WildWings!

I need to work on getting my old WildWing back up. I moved on and stripped most of the electronics, but she's still airworthy. I had it into the high 80's straight and level, so I guess faster is just an inexpensive Hobbycity motor away.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
jimmi

I have a wild wing littlephoenix that does about half what yours does. It has a lil screamer motor in it and I probably get about 50 mph. Thats plenty fast for me. Great videos thanks, Jimmi