my 110MPH wild wing - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

my 110MPH wild wing

Old 03-04-2009, 02:35 AM
  #26  
littlephoenix
Member
Thread Starter
 
littlephoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 104
Default

since i have been getting allot of emails regarding what type of mount i use, here is a video of my wild wing from close up, hope this helps
remember, i only use criss cross tape to mount the aluminum plate i made onto teh back of the wing

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK5-PhTrGs[/media]
littlephoenix is offline  
Old 03-04-2009, 04:19 PM
  #27  
carpetbomb
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Moreno Valley
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by littlephoenix View Post
since i have been getting allot of emails regarding what type of mount i use, here is a video of my wild wing from close up, hope this helps
remember, i only use criss cross tape to mount the aluminum plate i made onto teh back of the wing

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK5-PhTrGs[/media]
heya! I was one of the people that e-mailed you thanks so much the video - that really helped a lot. How fast is your setup on a 3S pack? I tried mounting a 4S pack in my wild wing last night, but it's way too big. How're you dealing with that?
carpetbomb is offline  
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM
  #28  
littlephoenix
Member
Thread Starter
 
littlephoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by carpetbomb View Post
heya! I was one of the people that e-mailed you thanks so much the video - that really helped a lot. How fast is your setup on a 3S pack? I tried mounting a 4S pack in my wild wing last night, but it's way too big. How're you dealing with that?
Hello
I have tried this same setup on a 3S using a 6.5 prop, its around 75mph not to bad, but not as fast as a 4S setup, i used a 1750Mah battery so its a little smaller but still a fat cell, so i had to carve the foam from the top a bit and also how i have my hatch, youll notice on the bottom i gained a few MM of extra space because the wooden cover is on top of the hatch, and again i carved the top inside of the airfoil with a thin blade until this pack fits snug, hope that makes sense,
now did you find the motor?
littlephoenix is offline  
Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
  #29  
carpetbomb
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Moreno Valley
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by littlephoenix View Post
Hello
I have tried this same setup on a 3S using a 6.5 prop, its around 75mph not to bad, but not as fast as a 4S setup, i used a 1750Mah battery so its a little smaller but still a fat cell, so i had to carve the foam from the top a bit and also how i have my hatch, youll notice on the bottom i gained a few MM of extra space because the wooden cover is on top of the hatch, and again i carved the top inside of the airfoil with a thin blade until this pack fits snug, hope that makes sense,
now did you find the motor?
Nope, I wasn't able to find the motor on the HC website. The closet match was is this one: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7993

Is that the one you're using? The post says 2835-2350, not 2836-2350.
carpetbomb is offline  
Old 03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
  #30  
littlephoenix
Member
Thread Starter
 
littlephoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by carpetbomb View Post
Nope, I wasn't able to find the motor on the HC website. The closet match was is this one: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7993

Is that the one you're using? The post says 2835-2350, not 2836-2350.

yes that link you sent IS in fact the motor im using, i must of typed it wrong :P

500 watts of power, amazing motor for the price, just make sure when using a 4S lipo, do not go over 5x5 prop or you will make the life of the motor short as the windings turn yellow
littlephoenix is offline  
Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
  #31  
carpetbomb
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Moreno Valley
Posts: 46
Default

Awesome! thanks so much.
carpetbomb is offline  
Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 AM
  #32  
Dauthi
Habitual Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Liverpool, NY
Posts: 5
Default

Nice looking WildWings!


I need to work on getting my old WildWing back up. I moved on and stripped most of the electronics, but she's still airworthy. I had it into the high 80's straight and level, so I guess faster is just an inexpensive Hobbycity motor away.
Dauthi is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
  #33  
jimmi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 433
Default

I have a wild wing littlephoenix that does about half what yours does. It has a lil screamer motor in it and I probably get about 50 mph. Thats plenty fast for me. Great videos thanks, Jimmi
jimmi is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jimw1956
Delta & Flying Wings
266
04-18-2011 12:39 AM
diverdon
Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
8
09-13-2008 04:42 AM
Tireshred
Video Parking lot
4
02-06-2008 01:40 PM
thomdoe
Delta & Flying Wings
0
09-08-2006 01:50 AM
thomdoe
Delta & Flying Wings
8
08-20-2006 08:44 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Quick Reply: my 110MPH wild wing


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.06426 seconds with 16 queries