PULSO_Service is here. Answer any questions... - Page 15 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

PULSO_Service is here. Answer any questions...

Old 10-18-2009, 05:49 AM
  #351  
airwarriorhlbly
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by salat View Post
RJ, EMS website shows rates for private customers. EMS for small packets cost significantly less than for boxes. I know that from conversations with many Chinese resellers/manufactures like Walkera, ESKy, ELE, and many more, can't remember all.50% discount is quite common even for smaller companies. Big dedicated "shippers" receive better discount up to 70% and provide their services at some small fee. EMS does not relate directly to USPS Express International, they just work together in the USA. For example here EMS is independent department of federal post services.
I doubt that Pulso have more than one English speaking person (most common case is one young girl sales manager) and that there are more than 3 people in the entire venture. Did you see pictures from their manufacturing process? Think about it.
Did you know that for some considerable amount you can hire an office in the HK where single person will sit on the phone and answer that they are big China-wide manufacturing company?
Hmmmmmmm sounds like one person knows what they are talking about .
airwarriorhlbly is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 05:51 AM
  #352  
airwarriorhlbly
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
Yeah, it's no big deal Paul, really. I guess I'll go spend my $75 gift certificate to Amainhobbies.com that I won at our fall fly in.

That'll make my weekend better!
Well what did you get ?
airwarriorhlbly is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 05:55 AM
  #353  
airwarriorhlbly
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by scatsob View Post
huh....its only 8.75% here.
huh ? Think I said that no taxes on a car are equal to half the sticker price . There are no taxes here on a car .
airwarriorhlbly is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 05:57 AM
  #354  
TDisaster
Super Contributor
 
TDisaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 1,020
Default

Originally Posted by salat View Post
RJ, EMS website shows rates for private customers. EMS for small packets cost significantly less than for boxes. I know that from conversations with many Chinese resellers/manufactures like Walkera, ESKy, ELE, and many more, can't remember all.50% discount is quite common even for smaller companies. Big dedicated "shippers" receive better discount up to 70% and provide their services at some small fee. EMS does not relate directly to USPS Express International, they just work together in the USA. For example here EMS is independent department of federal post services.
I doubt that Pulso have more than one English speaking person (most common case is one young girl sales manager) and that there are more than 3 people in the entire venture. Did you see pictures from their manufacturing process? Think about it.
Did you know that for some considerable amount you can hire an office in the HK where single person will sit on the phone and answer that they are big China-wide manufacturing company?
Someone sounds pretty mad they didn't get a motor.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure Pulso has read all of your complaints, why go on for another 2 months about it? I didn't get a motor, and I'm not condemning them. I'm actually considering buying a few after hearing how good they are.

Please, let me know when you start your business, so I can rag on you.
TDisaster is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 05:58 AM
  #355  
airwarriorhlbly
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by C130 Load View Post
It's called Agree to Disagree and that's good.

My experience after the initial long wait has been very good. Fast shipping,good communication (at 2 AM), and what looks to be high quality product. Don't know myself yet but some here have tested and found that to be true.

I have been notified that my ESC is on the way VIA EMS and should be here next week.
My plans are to put the motor and ESC in this.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/p-47.htm
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=10942948
Let us know how it works out 130 looks like a sweet plane .
airwarriorhlbly is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 06:05 AM
  #356  
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator
 
Nitro Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sunny San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,052
Default

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
Nah -- no worries, Mark. I haven't signed up to be a dealer yet, because I have not yet tested the motor. D

Ouch... bro if I only sold stuff I 'tested' then I'd only have sold 1/2 of the stuff I have. I dont have to test everything that comes in. I trust names like Hyperion, Thunder Power, GWS to be consistent enough to have them on the shelf, and not in my personal hobby room. I'm not saying any of those are 'the best', I'm just saying I can trust them well enough to sell them to a customer, a friend, or a Wattflyer.

The word on the street is out about Pulso. They are not 'cheap china', but at least one grade better. They are not the most remarkable motor in the world, but they are built worthy enough, and make all the power you can expect from a powerplant of its comparable sizes.


Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
He's in Texas, and I'm in Oklahoma -- so I don't really see a reason for me to be a dealer now...
Its called a WORLD MARKET. Its the internet. Why can't you get a piece of the pie?
Only 25% of my sales are local.




Originally Posted by airwarriorhlbly View Post
huh ? Think I said that no taxes on a car are equal to half the sticker price . There are no taxes here on a car .
Montana has NO car sales taxes?





-------Note to self: Fly to Montana to buy next car.
Nitro Blast is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 06:35 AM
  #357  
C130 Load
Member
 
C130 Load's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Formerly Chicago,Now Huntley,Il
Posts: 329
Default

Originally Posted by airwarriorhlbly View Post
Let us know how it works out 130 looks like a sweet plane .
That's what I thought too,, I will let you know when I do.
C130 Load is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 06:37 AM
  #358  
airwarriorhlbly
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by Nitro Blast View Post
Ouch... bro if I only sold stuff I 'tested' then I'd only have sold 1/2 of the stuff I have. I dont have to test everything that comes in. I trust names like Hyperion, Thunder Power, GWS to be consistent enough to have them on the shelf, and not in my personal hobby room. I'm not saying any of those are 'the best', I'm just saying I can trust them well enough to sell them to a customer, a friend, or a Wattflyer.

The word on the street is out about Pulso. They are not 'cheap china', but at least one grade better. They are not the most remarkable motor in the world, but they are built worthy enough, and make all the power you can expect from a powerplant of its comparable sizes.




Its called a WORLD MARKET. Its the internet. Why can't you get a piece of the pie?
Only 25% of my sales are local.






Montana has NO car sales taxes?





-------Note to self: Fly to Montana to buy next car.
Montana ? Why would you assume that ? Fly to Oregon instead .
airwarriorhlbly is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 03:06 PM
  #359  
Danlionsjohnusa
, Danlions
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California, North
Posts: 2
Default Danlions john usa

Thankyou for all the responces we`ve recieved.. We appologize that not all of you will get your free motor.. We`ve been overwhelmed with mail requests and you know we had 1000pcs. to give away.. Please understand.. We shall be here soon and thankyou for your continued support....... Danlionsjohnusa...
Originally Posted by PULSO_Service View Post
Hi guys
This is the discussion thread of PULSO_Service. We are glad to listen to all the comments here, no matter good or not. PULSO is not perfect, while the comments from users can help us make it better.

Here, we are also willing to answer all questions about PULSO products.

Our regular working time is 9:00-17:00 (Beijing time), which should be 20:00 to 4:00 (Eastern time of USA) or 17:00-1:00 (Western time of USA). If your questions cannot be answered in time, it could be on account of time difference. Therefore, please be patient.
Danlionsjohnusa is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 04:24 PM
  #360  
dbcisco
Like to build 'em
 
dbcisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,765
Default

Originally Posted by TDisaster View Post
Someone sounds pretty mad they didn't get a motor....
I thought he was just pointing out some facts. When a company has a promotion they try to keep losses at a minimum. "Free" except S&H charges. They also get to write off losses for tax purposes. In this case it would be under marketing costs. Same thing millions of businesses do every year. What bugs me is the companies that "give" items away but have the cost built into the S&H charges (tons of them on ebay). It didn't seem Pulso took it that far. However, when I get sample products from my suppliers they pay for shipping too. Want me to sell it? Give me one to check out, it is cheaper than sending a salesman.
dbcisco is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
  #361  
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator
 
Nitro Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sunny San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,052
Default

Originally Posted by airwarriorhlbly View Post
Montana ? Why would you assume that ? Fly to Oregon instead .

Sorry airwarriorhlbly, Lebanon Or. is no where near Montana... frain bart.
Sorry for the OT fodder, but even that would not work for me. I'd have to pay sales tax to CA when I brought it home to register it.
Nitro Blast is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
  #362  
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER
 
Lieutenant Loughead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,406
Default Pulso 2808/20

I had a chance to test the Pulso 2808/20 motor today. The documentation that came with the motor said to use a 7x7 prop -- I didn't have a 7x7 prop, so I used the following:
  • APC 6x5.5
  • APC 7x4
  • APC 7x5
  • APC 7x6
I measured the mechanical dimensions of the motor against a comparable Rimfire motor, and found the following:
Shaft size = 3.97 mm (Rimfire is 3.95 mm)
Radial Mount Shaft Size = 5.82 mm (Rimfire is 6.22 mm)
Length = 28.13 mm (Rimfire is 27.58 mm)
Width = 35.06 mm (Rimfire is 35.15 mm)
Weight = 86 grams (Rimfire is 89 grams)
Pulso wire is very soft and flexible (Rimfire motor is much more stiff)
Motor Mount Diameter = 49.00 mm (Rimfire is 57.99 mm)
Max current = 22 amps (Rimfire is 20 amps)
Max watts = UNKNOWN (Rimfire is 296 watts)
Now for the actual motor testing:

APC 6x5.5
15120 RPM (78.8 mph of prop pitch speed)
530 grams (18.7 ounces) of thrust
13.40 peak amps
11.86 minimum volts
160.9 peak watts

APC 7x4
13950 RPM (52.8 mph of prop pitch speed)
867 grams (30.6 ounces) of thrust
19.28 peak amps
11.63 minimum volts
227.6 peak watts
APC 7x5
13710 RPM (64.9 mph of prop pitch speed)
882 grams (31.1 ounces) of thrust
19.86 peak amps
11.56 minimum volts
233.3 peak watts
APC 7x6
12920 RPM (73.4 mph of prop pitch speed)
744 grams 26.2 ounces) of thrust
25.04 peak amps *** draws more amps than the motor specs! ***
11.29 minimum volts
287.2 peak watts
Likes: It's a good, solid motor, which does what it's supposed to. The quality seems on par with the Rimfire motor. This looks like a good motor for a Stryker, or a Fun Jet, or perhaps a load-carrying (such as Aerial Photography) Slow Stick.

Dislikes: The radial mount comes with a collet piece which is supposed to be installed on the motor shaft when you turn the motor around to use the motor in the radial mount position. This collet piece would not fit through the stick mount I used for my motor test -- however, the Rimfire collet piece DID fit through the stick mount I used for my motor test. I'm not sure what this collet piece is for (or even if it's needed), but it's large size could pose a problem for some builders.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1926.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	111610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1927.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	111611   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1929.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	111612  
Lieutenant Loughead is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 09:38 PM
  #363  
dbcisco
Like to build 'em
 
dbcisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,765
Default

Just wondering what you mean by "quality seems to be on a par with...".
dbcisco is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 10:04 PM
  #364  
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER
 
Lieutenant Loughead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,406
Default

Same weight, same size, and it works as it should. I don't hear any grinding noises, or see anything that makes me think the Pulso motor is of any less quality than the Rimfire (or even the EFlite) motor.

Let me know what else you would like me to test, and I'll be happy to do it.
Lieutenant Loughead is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 10:09 PM
  #365  
TDisaster
Super Contributor
 
TDisaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 1,020
Default

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
Same weight, same size, and it works as it should. I don't hear any grinding noises, or see anything that makes me think the Pulso motor is of any less quality than the Rimfire (or even the EFlite) motor.

Let me know what else you would like me to test, and I'll be happy to do it.
When do you plan to start selling them?

I'm looking for a motor for my H&M Spitfire. They do have a .60 comparable motor right?
TDisaster is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 10:33 PM
  #366  
mred
Super Contributor
 
mred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glenwood, GA
Posts: 1,025
Default

You can get the motor here; http://www.aurigaavionics.com/ and yes they have a 60 size motor. Try the 4130 for a 60 class motor.

Ed
mred is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 10:42 PM
  #367  
TDisaster
Super Contributor
 
TDisaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 1,020
Default

Thanks Ed!
TDisaster is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 10:52 PM
  #368  
mred
Super Contributor
 
mred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glenwood, GA
Posts: 1,025
Default

Originally Posted by TDisaster View Post
Thanks Ed!
No Problem. I'm looking to get a 4130 also for one of mine. After I get my motor and test it out, I'll make up my mind as to what motor I'll get. From everything I have heard about the Pulos motors they are at least equal to the RimFire motors and that is a good motor. It would be nice if they had a 120 class motor too. Maybe in the near future.

Ed
mred is offline  
Old 10-22-2009, 12:24 AM
  #369  
Mthomas
Member
 
Mthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 55
Default

I wanted to say thanks to Pulso for taking care of all of us that were able to receive a motor for the cost of shipping... I just got my 2826/12 today and I am quite pleased with the motor, packaging and the included data sheet. I have yet to hook it up but will when I get back from i-Hobby this weekend. I am torn between putting it into a .40 Rascal or my Clancy Big Bee.. I think that it would haul either one around rather well.

Once again.. thanks.
Mark
Mthomas is offline  
Old 10-23-2009, 02:40 AM
  #370  
mred
Super Contributor
 
mred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glenwood, GA
Posts: 1,025
Default

Well, I got mine today and must say that if it runs as good as it looks, it will be a great motor. As far as looks go, it's a great looking motor and I really like the softer wires on it. Much easier to tuck out of the way then the stiff ones. I have the 2820/14 and am really looking forward to running it. I'll let you all know what happens in the morning maybe, if I can run it that soon. Got a water heater to fix first.

Ed
mred is offline  
Old 10-23-2009, 03:02 AM
  #371  
thunker54
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 507
Default

I too sent a request in before the October 15th deadline and have never heard anything back... It was sent on October 12, 2009. I can forward via private email the original message w/ time stamping if required.
Here's my original email:


Gentlemen,
In response to your free motor offer expiring Oct 15, 2009, I would like to request a free motor as offered on http://www.pulsosystem.com/usa.html.
I would like a 2212L/20 1170kv motor please.

My contact/mailing info is:
(cut out for privacy...)

Please advise of any further action I need to take.
Regards and thank you,
thunker54 is offline  
Old 10-24-2009, 02:57 AM
  #372  
Fviking
Member
 
Fviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Newtown, CT. USA
Posts: 64
Default Pulso Motor

I got my motor on the 21st they confirmed receipt of shipping $ on the 16th, five days not bad.
I got a 2212-12 1950kv
Motor Dis 27.7mm Length 27.95mm It comes with an X mount and Prop adapter with a 4.98mm shaft the same size as my Turnigy 1900kv motor came with, Nice noodle limp wires 110mm long with gold plugs.
They recomend a 7" prop for 2S and a 5" for 3S, the smallest I had was a 6X4. I used my eagle tree data logger for everything except thrust, I used a digital hanging scale for that.
6X4"
2S

15,625 rpm
10.56 oz thrust
10.96 Amps
7.3 volts
79 watts
3S
21,186 rpm
20.48 oz thrust
20 Amps
11 volts
215 watts
6X5.5" prop
2S
15,060 rpm
9.92 oz thrust
13 Amps 1
7.25 volts
98 watts
3S

19,841 rpm 1
19 oz thrust
23 Amps
10.32 volts
247 watts
7 X 5" prop
2S

13,736 rpm
16.6 oz thrust
18 Amps
7.1 volts
130 watts
3S
17,361 rpm
29.6 oz thrust
31 Amps
9.8 volts
310 watts

Both 2-3S batteries are 2800mAh the same manufacturer.
Don't trust my thrust #s, I'll make a rig like Lt.Loughead for next time.
The Pulso is 2mm longer and pulls more Amps and makes more watts.
Black anodizing on all parts and hardware, close tolerances of bell to base and no noise in the bearings.
I still have to fly it and that may take a while, it is raining here.
I like the motor, it seems rugged and well made. I will be going for a dealership and put the catalog on my web site, www.How2RC.com
It will take a couple of weeks to get up and running. I wanted to test a motor before I committed myself to becoming a dealer.
If it isn't good stuff I won't sell it.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pulso 2212-12.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	111982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pulso 2212-1950kv.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	111983  
Fviking is offline  
Old 10-24-2009, 03:24 AM
  #373  
43851E
Pulso Dealer
 
43851E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 37
Default

I will be going for a dealership and put the catalog on my web site

Way to go John! Welcome to Pulso Dealership in advance! The catalog will go nice with your website.

Doug

Last edited by 43851E; 10-24-2009 at 03:48 AM.
43851E is offline  
Old 10-24-2009, 04:16 AM
  #374  
Fviking
Member
 
Fviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Newtown, CT. USA
Posts: 64
Default Dealer

Thanks Doug.
John
Fviking is offline  
Old 10-24-2009, 05:21 AM
  #375  
Wrench66
Ya' need to use mo rudda!
 
Wrench66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chino, Calif. aka Dairyland
Posts: 1,380
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fviking View Post
I got my motor on the 21st they confirmed receipt of shipping $ on the 16th, five days not bad.
I got a 2212-12 1950kv
Motor Dis 27.7mm Length 27.95mm It comes with an X mount and Prop adapter with a 4.98mm shaft the same size as my Turnigy 1900kv motor came with, Nice noodle limp wires 110mm long with gold plugs.
They recomend a 7" prop for 2S and a 5" for 3S, the smallest I had was a 6X4. I used my eagle tree data logger for everything except thrust, I used a digital hanging scale for that.
6X4"
2S

15,625 rpm
10.56 oz thrust
10.96 Amps
7.3 volts
79 watts
3S
21,186 rpm
20.48 oz thrust
20 Amps
11 volts
215 watts
6X5.5" prop
2S
15,060 rpm
9.92 oz thrust
13 Amps 1
7.25 volts
98 watts
3S

19,841 rpm 1
19 oz thrust
23 Amps
10.32 volts
247 watts
7 X 5" prop
2S

13,736 rpm
16.6 oz thrust
18 Amps
7.1 volts
130 watts
3S
17,361 rpm
29.6 oz thrust
31 Amps
9.8 volts
310 watts


Both 2-3S batteries are 2800mAh the same manufacturer.
Don't trust my thrust #s, I'll make a rig like Lt.Loughead for next time.
The Pulso is 2mm longer and pulls more Amps and makes more watts.
Black anodizing on all parts and hardware, close tolerances of bell to base and no noise in the bearings.
I still have to fly it and that may take a while, it is raining here.
I like the motor, it seems rugged and well made. I will be going for a dealership and put the catalog on my web site, www.How2RC.com
It will take a couple of weeks to get up and running. I wanted to test a motor before I committed myself to becoming a dealer.
If it isn't good stuff I won't sell it.
John
Thanks for the work there, John....I have been running that same screamer in a small wing on the 6x5.5 prop and like it
I was concerned though that your battery was really being pushed on that last run......9.8v is showing the battery is not able to keep up with the setup, obviously that motor can't pull a 7in prop without overcooking the amps avail in that battery

thanks again,
--Ray
Wrench66 is offline  

Quick Reply: PULSO_Service is here. Answer any questions...


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10430 seconds with 18 queries