I don't wannaaa cccrraasshhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

I don't wannaaa cccrraasshhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Just out of curiosity (and because no one else has bothered to ask), what kind of plane have you been flying so far? 3-channel? 4-channel? High-wing? Low wing? Maybe we've misjudged where you're at in the learning process? There's definitely some kind of disconnect here!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:55 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

OK Everyone, Lets start taking bets, where shall we start, 5 to1 he will crash LOL, Just Kidding, Yea, I am A Little Insensitive, Soooo you just need to have Self Confidence When Flying RC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA

Last edited by CHELLIE; 01-12-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:38 AM
foamjetpilot
Number 3 wire

I think the Yak 54 will fly very easily - 19oz with an 11" prop. The tip is half throttle at launch and throttle back if it gets pointed toward the ground. The wind will need to be at 1 mph. Need video too.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Insomniac

Yep, this is very unlikely to work. A friend of mine flies the Art-Tech Yak, which is his second plane and has had many flights without a single crash...

...However, said friend spent a lot of time flying a high-wing 3ch trainer first, and also a bit of time on a sim before he got the Yak.

At the very, very least, get yourself a gamepad and an RC sim. Flying is something you have to learn to do instinctively, not something you can just be told. You don't have time to think about it when something goes wrong, you just have to have the experience to know what to do.

Get a sim. Practice on the sim a lot. Get an experienced RC guy to set up/trim out your plane. Then, you might just manage.

We arn't trying to be elitist or have a negative attitude, it's just that we've seen this exact situation so many times before (Hell, many of us are guilty of trying the same thing) and it hardly ever works out.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

now i don't mean to pick on this newbees typing or his or her choice of words....but seems comical in nature to be bothered with all the answers being requested....to funny to be true....seems like someone just wants to see ya all type rc 101 ........the answers are all in the beginners section already and i wouldn't waste time with someone who's "yak-ing my chain"...lol....pardon the pun.

now if he lets me have it for not taking his questions seriously,than that may be entertaining.....but i'm unsubscribing from this foolish banter to teach a beginner to fly a yak.

have fun pbaiyre,anyone watching you fly will.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 AM
PBaiyre

Oh my god, Im going to explode, you guyz have seriously misunderstood me.

You know what, damn it all, I bet all of you are over 16, so you wouldnt understand my mentality rite now (no you dont, dont say you do).

Now im going to be an "ignorant newbie" and Im goign to go up and fly this goddarned thing one way or another and I WILL NOT CRASH, say waht you will, stupid kid, ridiculaous retard, whatever you want, I dont care. And I know I sound stuck up or some other "bad" thing but Im just going to go up and fly the dam thing, and if it crashes then at least Ill know that I tried, sitting here on wattflyer is becoming way too stressfull, if I can I will get a cameraman and prove you all wrong!!!!

One mad bear,
OUT!!!!!!!

(Sincerely,
PBaiyre)

P.s.- I probally will annihilaate the plane on landing, no promises but until then.... BAIYRE POWER!!!!!!

Seriously Ive come to realize that the best way to do something is to say **** to help and do it yourself

Now ill probs be banned now, and ignored by lots of peeps but I gotta say, this forum has seriously helped me, I now know how to sucessfully crash.... I fly!!!!

Thnks, I guess,
The Baiyre,
OWT!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:59 AM
PBaiyre

Nice knowing yallz btw...
Old 01-12-2011, 03:00 AM
PBaiyre

Oh and just to clear it up, I know I was goign to crash, all along, I just wanted to see what society's view on the matter was. I know it sounds maybe stupid or immature but if you knew me youd just chuckle to yourself and say "silly old bear"...
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 AM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Originally Posted by PBaiyre View Post
Now ill probs be banned now, and ignored by lots of peeps but I gotta say, this forum has seriously helped me, I now know how to sucessfully crash.... I fly!!!!
Banned? Why would you be banned? I don't think you offended anyone. But promise us one thing: Please, please, please log back in and write us a flight report!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Insomniac

You're right, at 17, I am older than you...

And you're also right in that I don't understand your mentality whatsoever.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Either you are independently wealthy, or your Dad is...

My Son is 15 and flies, No way in hell does he have the attitude you are displaying... He knows how much money we put into this hobby and how it impacts what we can and can't do.

When he has one go in it just crushes him because of the money HE spent on it, yes he works doing whatever he can for money and besides raffle prizes at SEFF and Christmas gifts and such, he puts his hard earned money into his models.

Don't think that he doesn't have fun doing it though, he does, we have a blast together. He read this earlier and said to me, how can he be that careless with money?

I had nothing to say...

Either way, good luck to you, I wish you all the best and hope you are successful.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 AM
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor

Hey, your best use of that plane is to hang it up and look at it as motivation to get where you want to be: a great pilot flying that plane. Listen to your instructors and you can get there. There really aren't any meaningful shortcuts. But you'll find it will be worth it. Get the best help you can and do it right. You'll have a lot more fun!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:12 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

We just don't want to see you get discouraged from a crash and give up. This hobby is a lot of fun with unlimited possibilities once you get past the first steps of learning to fly .
Old 01-12-2011, 03:22 AM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

if I can I will get a cameraman and prove you all wrong!!!!
Even if you fly without your instructor, please, please, please, be sure the camera man is there.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:30 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Everyone here has given you great advice friend. Now, with that being said...this is MY personal opinion, and ONLY an opinion...but Art Tech planes are garbage! They are some of the cheapest out there. The quality is garbage and they don't usually go together the way they should. I speak from personal experience. I had their Cap 232 and it didn't go together nowhere near as well as it should. The bolt holding the wings on wasn't lined up with the hole in the fuse, the wings were at a very noticeable angle, and it flew like doo doo. I had two different planes from them, thinking that the Cap was just an isolated defect. NOPE! I bought another plane from them and had several problems with that one as well.

My advice, start out with a decent high wing trainer, and preferably something with a good track record. Good luck and good winds friend.

Mike
Old 01-12-2011, 05:12 AM
tr4252

PBaiyre, believe it or not, we were all 16 once, and many remember what it was like. Most of us just want to spare you the mistakes WE made.

Tom
Old 01-12-2011, 05:48 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Well Said Everyone You can Point a Horse to Water but you cant make him drink it, Lots of good advise given here, but you know how it is when your 16, full of P-ss and Vinegar and you think you know it all We cant prevent a person from Crashing, Your going to crash and Crash a lot, thats the way you earn your RC Wings, Flying Rc Airplanes is harder than flying a real airplane, there is no substitute for experience.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Andy_L

something from this beginners perspective, and something nobody has mentioned.....he repeatedly said that his instructor RECOMMENDED that he get this plane. what kind of instructor would suggest that???
Old 01-12-2011, 01:01 PM
PBaiyre

I didnt know if Id be banned for saying damn or, in canadian terminology, "spazzing" out....

And I dont think I dont know it all, A.A.M.O.F.(as a matter of fact) I think Im looking forward to crashing, I mean, It's not like theres any hope for any other option besides crashing.

So I'll just take up my Yak, crash it, learn how to freak out, learn what anger is, learn how to just "lose it", and in the end what do I take away from it all "Hey guyz, I just crashed and suffered severe emotional fluctuations, IM LEARNING)"

No, I shall prove you all wrong.

See, this is no longer about me caring for my plane, this about proving yall wrong, and trust me, vengenance, expecially for me, is a very strong emotion. Those who are in it's throes tend to be able to do the unexpected, the extraordinary.

Bout now I would be called full of it, but you must understand.

Here lemme put it into words u guyz understand, your wife and family gets murdered and mutilated (r.i.p. god blezz there soulz) by your childhood love, who insists it was "revenge". What emotions would you epxerience? Now roll all of those mental emotions into one physical being, that's me, PBaiyre, supercharged with emotional powa!!! THIS IS WAR WATTFLYER!!!!! I WILL FILM AND I WILL PROVE YOU WRONG!!!!

just watch me...

One determined bear,
PBaiyre, Owt
Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Saddlebum
The Old Guy Returneth...

This guy is a nightmare. I'm out of here.

...The Bum
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Originally Posted by Andy_L View Post
something from this beginners perspective, and something nobody has mentioned.....he repeatedly said that his instructor RECOMMENDED that he get this plane. what kind of instructor would suggest that???
The fake kind. There are a couple of strange details:

1) Why would the instructor recommend a plane that he KNOWS his student will wreck?
2) If the guy has an instructor, why does he have to ask a bunch of knuckleheads on a message board for advice?

I think we've been trolled!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
PBaiyre

rofl bum, you see the problem is, society only expects what they, well expect.

We have labeled what is impossible and what is not.

We have made standards

Now when someone comes along breakign those standards society denies it.

They say its impossible

But its not, you will soon learn that

Slightly crazed bear,
PBaiyre
Old 01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
PBaiyre

u havent been trolled u smart one, its called faith in your pupils, you should learn about it
Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

u havent been trolled u smart one, its called faith in your pupils, you should learn about it
Faith? And that's why he said you would wreck it. Makes a whole lot of sense... NOT!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Myself I know you can fly this plane with no problems you are tenacious like a badger you sound focused and committed to your flight. plan this flight out in your head the take off the first circuit around the field trimming her out effortlessly. Then razzle dazzle the folks with a knife edge the entire length of the field. Then use the rudder and throttle to launch that plane vertical. Then go right into a waterfall. This should get everyones attention for that moment.

When you do crash I can send you a box of these to pick up the pieces with. Please video this. By the way you are not any of our pupils so it is difficult to have faith in a new person that is posting. Things are not always what they appear to be.

Myself I started out with many crashes on smaller forgiving planes I got the stupid out of my system with easy to repaire planes. Anyone of us here wanted that 3D bird cause it was cool, and don't forget that war bird that needs to land fast and hot other wise it stalls. Landings with a super cub seems to happen on the fast side when starting out. Nothing like learning back wards to make you learn to start slow and save some bucks while having fun.
Well good luck to you and the folks here are just trying to help you out they are not feeding you negativity just want you to succeed that's all.
John

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.09719 seconds with 12 queries