Marry 4 channel transmitters to new planes ? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Marry 4 channel transmitters to new planes ?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 AM
tjmckinnon

Default Marry 4 channel transmitters to new planes ?

Greetings all,
I have searched for some time to find details on how to " marry" a new or existing transmitter to an existing or different plane. Our hobby store source 50 miles from our village doesn't know either (?). . . Is there a place where I can find this please. ( new comer ). . .

I'm sure the question is almost a joke to experienced people but a puzzle for this old fella '

thanks in advance. ( incidently, the Catalina's I received help and advice about flew beautifully until third flight and for some reason in flight both motors shorted out with enough heat to melt the foam engine covers. A big crash and demolished. . . .can't figure out that one either but will suffer the loss. ) ( smiles again ).

Terry
Old 06-13-2011, 04:38 AM
Nieuport Fly Guy

Terry...I am just a newby that went a little crazy buying multiple planes....each with its own transmitter and receiver. I then read posts in this forum talking about Hobby King...so I strted looking at that sight...and found this....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11965

So I ordered one of these Spektrum receivers to see if I could consolidate my transmitters to one ( my Spektrum). Just got this Saturday and unplugged the connections from my Dynam Hawk Sky...pressed in the left control on my transmitter (to bind)...and it worked! So I ordered more! That way I can fly with one controller multiple planes. ( I have on order a Spektrum dx6i which will work too). Hope that helps! Alan
Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Insomniac

If your transmitter is one of the older FM ones (long telescopic antenna), you won't be able to pair it with a new reciever unless that reciever is on the same frequency and channel. If it's on the right frequency, then there's nothing more to do, provided that they are using the same 'standard' signal, the reciever should respond.

If you have a newer 2.4ghz radio (short antenna), you will have to 'bind' new recievers. Only recievers using the same 2.4ghz system will bind to your transmitter, and the process is different for different brands. Try and figure out exactly what radio and reciever you're using, it'll help us figure out what to do.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
slipstick
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by tjmckinnon View Post
I have searched for some time to find details on how to " marry" a new or existing transmitter to an existing or different plane. Our hobby store source 50 miles from our village doesn't know either (?). . . Is there a place where I can find this please. ( new comer ).
Unfortunately there are no simple general answers. It will depend critically on exactly what type of existing transmitter you are trying to use and what type of plane/receiver you are trying to use it with. Some things are completely incompatible, others may just need a simple tweak, yet others may work immediately.

Like a lot of things in this hobby it's much easier to get answers to specific questions so if you say what type of equipment you are trying to connect I'm sure someone can help.

Steve
Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 AM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Cool

Originally Posted by tjmckinnon View Post
Greetings all,
I have searched for some time to find details on how to " marry" a new or existing transmitter to an existing or different plane. Our hobby store source 50 miles from our village doesn't know either (?). . . Is there a place where I can find this please. ( new comer ). . .

I'm sure the question is almost a joke to experienced people but a puzzle for this old fella '

thanks in advance. ( incidently, the Catalina's I received help and advice about flew beautifully until third flight and for some reason in flight both motors shorted out with enough heat to melt the foam engine covers. A big crash and demolished. . . .can't figure out that one either but will suffer the loss. ) ( smiles again ).

Terry
It is critical that we know what radio and what receiver.

If it is 72 MHz, or 27 MHz the answer is different than if it is 2.4 GHz. And brand and model of radio/receiver can be important.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:14 AM
tjmckinnon

Default Thanks

Hello everyone - - still struggling to understand how to respond and thank. If this doesn't get to all that answered my requestt on transmitter, let this note blanket a thanks to all of you.
Best regards,
Terry
Old 06-14-2011, 06:39 AM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

One does not connect a radio to a plane. One connects a radio to a receiver. The receiver gets the signals and tells the servos what to do.

Without knowing about what radio, receiver you have we can't tell you how to link them. And it is different depending on brand and frequency of the radio system.

Why won't you tell use more about the radio, plane, receiver, components you have?