PK Spit - aileron servo - connection - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

PK Spit - aileron servo - connection

Old 10-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Jimstu47

Default PK Spit - aileron servo - connection

Hi all, new to this forum and to the hobby (a great one).

I crashed my ParkZone spitfire and after ordering a new fuse and wing, am discovering the joys of trying to hook up the aileron servo. the pushrods are straight, come from either side and meet in the middle of the wing where the servo is tucked in. you have tobend them just so to get them into the servo arm. it should be easy but it defeated me tonight.

Tomorrow I'll go to the hobby shop and pick up an EZ connector, so I don't have to bend them - was wondering if anyone else had had this experience.

thanks -Jim
Old 10-14-2007, 12:30 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by Jimstu47 View Post
Hi all, new to this forum and to the hobby (a great one).

I crashed my ParkZone spitfire and after ordering a new fuse and wing, am discovering the joys of trying to hook up the aileron servo. the pushrods are straight, come from either side and meet in the middle of the wing where the servo is tucked in. you have tobend them just so to get them into the servo arm. it should be easy but it defeated me tonight.

Tomorrow I'll go to the hobby shop and pick up an EZ connector, so I don't have to bend them - was wondering if anyone else had had this experience.

thanks -Jim

jim,

there is an easy trick to hooking them up, remove the servo arm from the servo and connect the two wires to the arm and bund then tight so there is no slop, now reattach the arm to the servo and i used a little packing tape to hold the servo in place.

GL
i know how it is sometimes working with these tiny components i have big finger and little little parts sometimes drive me nuts.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Jimstu47

Default Thanks DetroitHawk!

Keeping slop out of the connection was a challenge - I think I'll try the easy connector route since it seems so hard to hook this up - if not I'll go back and try the other way!

PS you've got some nice planes - that Kyosho looks cool. I've heard they're a high-quality mfg.

I've got a few boxed up and ready to put together - although given the ther thread in which I described some of the challenges of flying warbirds, i think I'm going to either build and keep safe for later, or just keep boxed. I live in Seattle so you have to have something to do when it rains during the winter :-)

My little fleet consists of

Alfa FW190 brushless
Alfa P51 brushless (anyone flown one? how are they?)
PZ Spit, brushed motor
Super Cub
Mini Gee Bee Senior Sportster (still in the box - beautiful plane)
Hyperion Cap 232 25 (ditto)