Have an elev prob. With the GWS F-15 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Have an elev prob. With the GWS F-15

Old 03-09-2009, 04:08 AM
THE.NEED.4.SPEED

Default Have an elev prob. With the GWS F-15

Ok well i have a problem right now so its short and simple. The elevator needs two servos and one go's one way and the other go's the otherway. how can i solve this? I have a GWS 6 ch recever. i hate when this happens.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!

You should be fine.

Just plug one servo into the elevator channel and one into the aileron chanel and adjust the programing on your tx to elevons or Delta mix and then reverse one or both channels as needed untill they move in the correct directions.

With some tx's the right side goes into the aileron but that varies from one TX to another so you may need to put the right side into the elevator channel. Try it both ways if you cant get a combination of reversing the channels to work.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:20 AM
THE.NEED.4.SPEED

Well all the ch's are being used and it has a stearable landing gear. I seen a v-tail connector and was wondering what that would do.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:08 PM
wingspann
Certified Codger

Originally Posted by THE.NEED.4.SPEED View Post
Well all the ch's are being used and it has a stearable landing gear. I seen a v-tail connector and was wondering what that would do.
If your transmitter doesn't have mixing capability, the V-tail mixer should work. You said all of the channels were being used on the reciever... the V-tail mixer would plug into the receiver in place of the elevator servo and the aileron servo. Then plug both of the elevon servos into the mixer.

John
Old 03-11-2009, 05:23 PM
foamnpacktape

Originally Posted by THE.NEED.4.SPEED View Post
Like wingspann said, but further:
If you want to use the steerable gear, you will have to get a Y connector for between the Rx aileron channel and the mixer, one part of the Y goes to the mixer, the other to a separate servo for steering.

foam.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Larry3215

Originally Posted by wingspann View Post
If your transmitter doesn't have mixing capability, the V-tail mixer should work. You said all of the channels were being used on the reciever... the V-tail mixer would plug into the receiver in place of the elevator servo and the aileron servo. Then plug both of the elevon servos into the mixer.

John
Nose wheel steering is usually done thru the rudder channel not the aileron You could do it either way if thats what your used to. Just be sure to warn any other pilots what you did before they try to fly your plane or if your going to buddy box - there may be mishaps other wise
Old 03-13-2009, 06:43 AM
foamnpacktape

Red face

Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
Nose wheel steering is usually done thru the rudder channel not the aileron You could do it either way if thats what your used to. Just be sure to warn any other pilots what you did before they try to fly your plane or if your going to buddy box - there may be mishaps other wise
Correct, not sure what happened there? typin not thinkin, kinda got caught up in the three channel mentality.:o

foam.

Last edited by foamnpacktape; 03-13-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: wrong smilie
Old 03-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Larry3215

Originally Posted by foamnpacktape View Post
Correct, not sure what happened there? typin not thinkin, kinda got caught up in the three channel mentality.:o

foam.
Well, the older I get the more certain I become that its NOT old age. I was screwing up long before I got old