Unhappy with HobbyPartz - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Unhappy with HobbyPartz

Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 PM
texasclouds
Super Contributor

Default Unhappy with HobbyPartz

Have you ever noticed that there are no bad product reviews on the hobbypartz.com website?

I tried to place a 1 star review on their Volcano 60A-opto that erupted on my during initial testing. They censor the comments and have yet to post mine.

They also want you to discuss their products on 'rc discuss'. When I expressed my frustration with their company...the guy locked the thread. I'm sure it will disappear soon as well.

Better yet, try getting them on the telephone on any of their 3 numbers.

Customer service = 1 out of 10 stars for me.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Just placed my 8th order with them. I am very happy with the Lipo's and motors.

Hobbycity used to do the same thing on reviews. Suspect they will "learn". I go to the forums to check spots, not the reviews on the website.

Lets face it failure of these ultra cheap products is a chance from the start on anything we buy.

You do get what you pay for, but after ordering a $14.70 motor and $11 LiPo's I am quite pleased.

Mike
Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Ya I am super happy with their service I have placed a bunch of orders with them.
I had a problem with a esc of theres a 60 amp esc I did the on line chat they gave me a code to put in the package with the esc. About 2 weeks later I had a new one in my hands. Did you try the live chat and go that route this is how I solved my problem. Getting through on a phone can be difficult with a business.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:07 AM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

I have placed a few orders with them without incident until my last order. 1 item was out of stock and not indicated as such on their site. I am waiting for a partial refund now. I will let you guys know how it works out.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:27 AM
texasclouds
Super Contributor

gramps, i did get them to respond via live chat. the availability of that service itself seems spotty.

with prices so low, i reckon customer service plays second fiddle.

no biggie, there are other companies out there for me to use.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by texasclouds View Post
gramps, i did get them to respond via live chat. the availability of that service itself seems spotty.

with prices so low, i reckon customer service plays second fiddle.

no biggie, there are other companies out there for me to use.
Yes its a Crap shoot when you deal with a lot of these small RC stores, sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont, Thats why I like Heads up RC, Never Ever a problem with them, and always use PayPal if buying overseas, its cheap insurance, you will likely get your money back if there is a problem, take care, Chellie
Old 09-30-2010, 03:45 AM
texasclouds
Super Contributor

yes, headsuprc is king in the customer service department. the guy running it, Jeff, actually is willing to give application advise and accurate specifications as to the capabilities of the equipment.

i probably will buy from hobbypartz again...but with lower expectations. it won't be anytime soon though. i'm too hard-headed for that! ha!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Radbuster
Park Flyer

Default Headsuprc?

Hey Texas;

The Headsuprc website has been down for a couple of days. Know anything about that? I agree, Jeff is great. Hope to order from him again soon.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 PM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Question

Originally Posted by Radbuster View Post
Hey Texas;

The Headsuprc website has been down for a couple of days. Know anything about that? I agree, Jeff is great. Hope to order from him again soon.
Hi
I had no problem getting to the site
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront
Take care
Hank
Old 10-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Radbuster
Park Flyer

Chief: Thanks. I musta typed it wrong.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:12 AM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Radbuster View Post
Chief: Thanks. I musta typed it wrong.
Hi
Your most welcome
Glad to be of assistance
Take care
Hank
Old 10-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Why does Hobby Partz send an e-mail notifying that their batteries are back in stock but you go to the web site and it says out of stock? This company has some great prices but 90% of the time, the items you need are out of stock. When they do get them in, there's only enough stock to last a few days.

They also offer free shipping....whoo hooo....on what, all the itmes they don't have in stock?

Rant over. Ok, maybe not.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:44 PM
texasclouds
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Why does Hobby Partz send an e-mail notifying that their batteries are back in stock but you go to the web site and it says out of stock? This company has some great prices but 90% of the time, the items you need are out of stock. When they do get them in, there's only enough stock to last a few days.

They also offer free shipping....whoo hooo....on what, all the itmes they don't have in stock?

Rant over. Ok, maybe not.
Checkout Hobbyking's new USA Warehouse section. They have some lipos in already.

I bought a pair of 30C 4S 2200 lipos and received within a week. I think shipping was $7.xx
Old 10-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by texasclouds View Post
Checkout Hobbyking's new USA Warehouse section. They have some lipos in already.

I bought a pair of 30C 4S 2200 lipos and received within a week. I think shipping was $7.xx
Thanks TC. I've looked at them but they don't have the packs I want. I'm looking for 4 packs of 3S 4000 mAh 25C. I don't want to pay the horrible shipping from Hobby King in China either. I'm not in a hurry so I can wait a while and keep watching for stock to arrive at Hobby Partz.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I've been having good luck with Value Hobby GForce batteries. I think Value Hobby has a flat rate of $4 for shipping...or something like that.

http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...=8&item_id=225
Old 10-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
I've been having good luck with Value Hobby GForce batteries. I think Value Hobby has a flat rate of $4 for shipping...or something like that.

I looked at those James. I had some 3S 2200 20C packs from them a year or so ago and they both puffed like toads without much of a load on them. So did my neighbors. They may have been a different manufacturer then. The packs we had were white.

Last edited by Grasshopper; 10-19-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

I too just had a very bad experience with them! Last Thursday, I placed an order for a 60A ESC. I paid $50.00 for next day shipping. I got an e-mail with the tracking info, that said I would get my order on Monday!! I e-mailed them and told them that my order should be here on Friday not Monday.

They e-mailed me back and told me that my order was placed AND had shipped on thursday, the day I ordered it. They then told me that UPS doesn't deliver on the weekends. Well, I reminded them that Friday was not a weekend. They refused to reimburse me the difference of standard ground shipping, and told me they couldn't stop the order due to it had already shipped. They said if I didn't want it, to send it back on my dollar, be charged a 15% restocking fee, and would not be reimbursed my $50.00 nex day shipping charge. THIS is the LEVEL of their CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!

I paid out the butt for next day shipping...I paid for a service I didn't come close to getting, and got told, "too bad"!! I will never do business with them again! I have ordered from them before and never had any problems...well you know what...it ONLY TAKES ONE!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
I too just had a very bad experience with them! Last Thursday, I placed an order for a 60A ESC. I paid $50.00 for next day shipping. I got an e-mail with the tracking info, that said I would get my order on Monday!! I e-mailed them and told them that my order should be here on Friday not Monday.

They e-mailed me back and told me that my order was placed AND had shipped on thursday, the day I ordered it. They then told me that UPS doesn't deliver on the weekends. Well, I reminded them that Friday was not a weekend. They refused to reimburse me the difference of standard ground shipping, and told me they couldn't stop the order due to it had already shipped. They said if I didn't want it, to send it back on my dollar, be charged a 15% restocking fee, and would not be reimbursed my $50.00 nex day shipping charge. THIS is the LEVEL of their CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!

I paid out the butt for next day shipping...I paid for a service I didn't come close to getting, and got told, "too bad"!! I will never do business with them again! I have ordered from them before and never had any problems...well you know what...it ONLY TAKES ONE!
Sorry to hear that Mike. That sucks. I'm going to take them off my vendor list after hearing that.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 PM
radialarm
Crash Test Clown!!!

I've had real good luck with them as well, but my last order was one of those Flysky T6 radios and 5- 5packs of servo screws. When the postalcarrier arrived with the package she handed me a servo screw and said "this is yours". When I opened the box there was no packing and servo screws were imbedded all around inside the box. The little plastic bag had busted a seam and they scattered everywhere. I managed to find 22 of the buggers and called it good enough. I guess they are extra busy with their free shipping deal right now. I did place 3 orders that week.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post

After looking at these a little more, I went ahead and ordered 4 of the 3S 4000 mAh 30C packs. I was going to get my 50-55-580 motor from them anyway so I saved some shipping. I put the order in this morning and already got an e-mail that it shipped. Can't beat that. Should have everything I need now to get the Shoestring in the air.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
After looking at these a little more, I went ahead and ordered 4 of the 3S 4000 mAh 30C packs. I was going to get my 50-55-580 motor from them anyway so I saved some shipping. I put the order in this morning and already got an e-mail that it shipped. Can't beat that. Should have everything I need now to get the Shoestring in the air.
Tom, I hope you get it on time friend. I was out fishing yesterday and they actually called me on my cell! They wanted to reimburse me the difference in shipping, which I was happy about.

However, the lady told me that orders take 24 hours before they ship. I told her that I too, got an e-mail saying my order had shipped the same day. She told me that it PROCESSES the same day but doesn't ship until the following day. I'm sure you didn't opt for the next day shipping, but just in case you do in the future, it will actually arrive in 2 days. Good winds.

Mike
Old 10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I guesse I am the only happy camper with Hobbypartz. I just placed a order mon. I checked the shipping number and it is at my post office this morning. I will get out of work and have a new motor and battery waiting for me at home. So far the batteries I have bought work great and the one time I had or thought I had a problem with a esc they where going to take care of it. Needed to set the throttle curve my bad nothing wrong with it except the user ........ me. So far I have bought several motors and esc's plus batteries with no bad experience's.
John
Old 10-21-2010, 07:15 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
I guesse I am the only happy camper with Hobbypartz.
John
NOpe I love them. On my 10th or so order with them.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Tom, I hope you get it on time friend. I was out fishing yesterday and they actually called me on my cell! They wanted to reimburse me the difference in shipping, which I was happy about.

However, the lady told me that orders take 24 hours before they ship. I told her that I too, got an e-mail saying my order had shipped the same day. She told me that it PROCESSES the same day but doesn't ship until the following day. I'm sure you didn't opt for the next day shipping, but just in case you do in the future, it will actually arrive in 2 days. Good winds.

Mike
Glad it worked out for ya Mike. I didn't order from Hobby Partz. My order was with Value Hobby. I have ordered from Hobby Partz before though and had no problems.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:34 PM
bigsteve

ditto all the positive headsuprc comments. I ordered a battery on a saturday (on line) and had it monday and I am 1300 miles away!

Quick Reply: Unhappy with HobbyPartz

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10600 seconds with 12 queries