Animals Agree, Drones Are Annoying - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Animals Agree, Drones Are Annoying

Old 03-23-2016, 04:32 AM
Turner
Super Contributor

Default Animals Agree, Drones Are Annoying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNlvcn-Qhow
Old 03-23-2016, 05:46 AM
ooOoo
Ninja

Originally Posted by Turner View Post
That was awesome! I just hope the animal wasn't hurt.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:56 AM
Turner
Super Contributor

Yeah, me too.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:24 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKwRI-PELk

this is a video of a dji fly away after he had buzzed wild horse's in a field making them run,after the crash the horses find the quad and are recorded getting even for being buzzed before......very funny.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:23 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKwRI-PELk

this is a video of a dji fly away after he had buzzed wild horse's in a field making them run,after the crash the horses find the quad and are recorded getting even for being buzzed before......very funny.
I'm just sorry the machine lived to fly another day. I'm with the horses ... they have been intruded upon ...

Nigel
Old 03-24-2016, 01:41 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Like ooOoo said I also hope none of the animals were hurt. As well all know those props can do a number on flesh.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:09 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

The guy flying the drone is a horses @$$
Old 03-24-2016, 10:03 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc_ovddVRKE

here is a video of dutch police training eagles to attack drones,my issue is the props certainly can cut an eagles leg and the props are winding up the leather that trainers tie to the birds legs causing the eagle to stumble around.

animals and drones don't belong mixed if the animals get hurt. but if your safely filming nature....i'm all for it.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:30 PM
Turner
Super Contributor

Yeah, I think that is idiotic. We all know that some motor propeller combinations could cause serious injury and perhaps remove parts from the birds.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:18 AM
abborgogna

God I love that animal!
Old 03-26-2016, 02:24 AM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

Originally Posted by ooOoo View Post
That was awesome! I just hope the animal wasn't hurt.
I hope the multi-copter was though.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:04 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

https://youtu.be/Vn6eeuUw3_0

compilation of vids where animals attack drones,some get teased to try and get the quad.......others like the chimp use there superior intelligence to knock the quads down way to go monkey!!!!
Old 03-26-2016, 04:32 PM
fdnyjery
FDNYJERY

Now these drone geeks seem to be not satisfied with just harassing the general public. They have to start on animals, who are not bothering anyone .They are even pestering their own pets? does that constitute animal abuse? I would love to see some of these dogs go after their owner drone pilots especially the dude with the black pit bull that would make my heart jump for joy!! fdnyjery aka jerry
Old 04-17-2016, 04:20 PM
squidger

More money than sense some people. Drone owner has the money to buy the DJI Phantom and some $700 gimbals and GoPro camera but doesn't have the brains to read the manual and learn to fly safely before using the Quadcopter. If he had just turned the TX off when he lost it the quad would have dropped to 60 feet and flown home after detecting loss of signal.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:54 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by squidger View Post
More money than sense some people. Drone owner has the money to buy the DJI Phantom and some $700 gimbals and GoPro camera but doesn't have the brains to read the manual and learn to fly safely before using the Quadcopter. If he had just turned the TX off when he lost it the quad would have dropped to 60 feet and flown home after detecting loss of signal.
None of my quads drop to 60' and just "fly home" once the TX is turned off in flight........a system that can perform that trick is a lot more complicated and expensive than the average "drone" owner buys for recreation.......
Old 04-17-2016, 11:19 PM
squidger

The quad in the video is a DJI Phantom. The DJI quads are full GPS and have the return to home system as standard. I know this because I have one. If the quad senses loss of signal it will fly home at 60 feet height. I have demonstrated this at my flying club several times to non believers like yourself. Any full GPS quad knows where it took off from.It obviously cannot see obstacles like trees or buildings but can return to the take off area.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:02 AM
c.sitas

You know another thing that I really get a kick out of , especially with thr electric crowd is. Everyone brags about how nice and quiet things are without the messy fuelers running.Then they go out and drop 100 bucks on something that makes them "Sound" like an airplane. Great life eh?
Old 04-21-2016, 05:57 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by c.sitas View Post
You know another thing that I really get a kick out of , especially with thr electric crowd is. Everyone brags about how nice and quiet things are without the messy fuelers running.Then they go out and drop 100 bucks on something that makes them "Sound" like an airplane. Great life eh?
What has that to do with drones and animals ?

Anyway - I have two sound systems ready to install in my big Lancaster when built. Do you think a 90" span Lancaster sounds right with screaming egg-beaters ? I think a bit of real engine sound is appropriate on her.

Not that it has anything to do with drones.

Nigel
Old 04-21-2016, 06:00 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Here's an interesting observation.

We all like to say these are not Drones, but multi-rotors / quads or whatever. But look at this thread and many others like - we are all dropping into the use of the term Drone .....

Suppose much like Nitro instead of Glow Fuel ... Drone will become the norm.

Nigel
Old 04-21-2016, 11:39 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

squidger,

not to argue the point,but return to home,gps lock,ect..ect..is susceptible to glitches. dji,naza,tarot,and any other gps capable fc's can lose the original home position and fly off to it new home[many say they fly to china to be reboxed and sold back to isa customers].

most forums that talk of flight control programs glitching during a flight and warn pilots who flys gps should always be ready to switch over to attitude or manuel mode to regain control. gps on my tarot 650 works rock solid but i wouldn't land with it in that mode. guys at my club had earlyer versions of the dji quads fly away and couldn't recover them.

sorry if this didn't relate to animal abuse.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:01 AM
squidger

I see what you're saying and let's face it no body wants a flyaway. I never even considered that the gps could fail. I must have used the fly home 10 times or more showing others without issue but now I'm gonna be weary in case of a glitch
Old 04-22-2016, 12:29 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

one cause of gps failure is when we lose satellite connection. i need 6 or more to fly the tarot fc/gps safely ,if it looses contact and then regains connection to the required number of sat's it will not remember where home is...it required a new "home" from that location where it acquired new bearings after reconnecting to sat's/gps. she'll still hover great but to hit return to home and see no response is when folks panic,especially if the quad was far away and they are flying los.

all my quad flying is done fpv'ing and the 650sport has OSD so i always know how many sat's i have. for the 650 and the lil 250's i really don't need to worry unless of coarse it my transmitter/rx for the video goes out.....then i might be totally screwed. all part of the hobby. this is where spotters come in handy.