Suggested thread - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Support & Suggestions If you need tech support post your question here or site suggestions too.

Suggested thread

Old 08-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Tailspin Ken

Default Suggested thread

Because there are so many new people entering the hobby, the question of which first plane to buy comes up very often. Would it be possible to make a permanent list of "first plane" "first aileron trainer" "first balsa build" as a reference for them?
Forum members could make posts in the column catorgories and this would remain as a permanent reference thread. The new flyer would be able to immediately read these posts instead of waiting for a reply on the forum or going through a forum search. After reading the suggestions, the new flyer could return to the forum and post specific questions about a given model.
If possible, the suggestion index could even be arranged by model "Slow Stick" recommendations, "Firebird" recommendations etc. And aircraft category "first electric" First aileron trainer" etc.
I think this would provide a useful format for theose new to the hobby as well as a platform for the experienced pilots to more efficiently impart their knowledge and promote the hobby.
Thanks,
Ken
Old 09-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

I am not sure if categories could be designated in a thread (Marc would have to answer that one), but a thread in the beginners forum with "suggestions for first time flyers" would be a great idea I think.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:40 AM
admin
Administrator

Not sure if there is a logical way to do this. Things change too and so do recommendations as models go in and out of favor so it might be too fluid over a period to try and skin the cat like that. not sure...??
Old 09-02-2005, 05:39 AM
Tailspin Ken

Marc,
I am not trying to shamelessly promote my suggestion, but it seems there are several tried and true and "favorite" first planes. They fall into 3 classes 1.RTF 2.ARTF and 3. Build.
There are several planes that would fall under each category, and having experienced flyers write a couple lines on their favorites might be a great help to the first time flyer.
Of course,making a suggestion is one thing. Doing all the work to implement is a whole different story.
Ken
Old 09-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Geoff_Gino
Geoff Ogden

Hi Marc

On this subject - how about a tech page with notes on how to's and how not to. Something in the line of the flying techniques page at R/C warbirds on R/C Universe.

Question, has anyone used the chat room. Been n a cuple of times with no luck. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Geoff
Old 09-02-2005, 10:54 PM
John Seidelman

You just have to sit and wait, someone will pop in. I have also been there several times and only chatted one time. Just stay a while longer and we will find you..
Old 09-02-2005, 10:59 PM
John Seidelman

Is there any way to keep the chat window on top? So while we wait to chat we can still browse the site.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

I think the only way is if you resize the browsers to fit within your computer screen.