Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Women Pilots On Wattflyer

Old 12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Kirsty_Carnage View Post
Well flown Chellie, even heard a guy in the background promoting wattflyer

Kirsty x
Thank You Kirsty The Guy in the Background is the Renegades Rc flying Club President AL, or ALpea42 here on Wattflyers, the Mig was a lot of fun, and rolled like crazy I will fly it again next weekend, with the new adjustments made to it, Take care, Chellie
Old 12-29-2008, 12:52 AM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

Cool

Originally Posted by Kirsty_Carnage View Post
Nice speedos looks like you've had a Stiff drink already

Kirsty xx

Actually, as with most of my decisions, practicality ruled the day (IOW, I was quite sober whan I chose "speedo" type swimwear ).

That picture was taken on a bicycle tour. Speedos, it turns out, weigh almost nothing and can be rolled up into a ball the size of a walnut, taking up no extra space in a pack.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Ha Ha Ha O K O K there is One Person with enough B___S to wear speedos. While not on an Olympic diving team. And he keeps walnuts in his............... Backpack. What did you think I was going to say. Chellie told me to launch that jet at a 45 deg. angle nose up. We didn't know it was gonna go verticle upon leaving my hand.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Gee Wiz.....if only I could convince my Gal to fly planes with me.......I would be a happy guy indeed!!
Balsa Dust everywhere sounds great...LOL
But she does let me have a large part of the garage for my collection of planes.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy View Post
Gee Wiz.....if only I could convince my Gal to fly planes with me.......I would be a happy guy indeed!!
Balsa Dust everywhere sounds great...LOL
But she does let me have a large part of the garage for my collection of planes.
Where have you been hidding at You Rascal have not seen you on Wattflyers for a while I am in the planing stages of making a 72" W/S Foamy Bi Plane, bought the cowels, Depron & CF tube, I am going to make it something in between these two bi planes, Wish me luck, Take care, Chellie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bipe4_JPG.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	88324   Click image for larger version

Name:	ultimate-50cc1.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	88325  

Last edited by CHELLIE; 12-29-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Kirsty_Carnage
A/V + A/P Camera operator

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Thank You Kirsty The Guy in the Background is the Renegades Rc flying Club President AL, or ALpea42 here on Wattflyers, the Mig was a lot of fun, and rolled like crazy I will fly it again next weekend, with the new adjustments made to it, Take care, Chellie

I hope you get some more video as well Chellie, my fiance is thinking of making a foamie himself & he wants a jet...so he is also watching your progress over my shoulder

Kirsty & Ross xx
Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Kirsty_Carnage

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
Chellie told me to launch that jet at a 45 deg. angle nose up. We didn't know it was gonna go verticle upon leaving my hand.
See, you guys ought to know about things going vertical if it's been in your hands
Hope the guy you were talking to got the web address correctly..is he now a member?

Kirsty xx
Old 12-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

"If we couldn't laugh , We would all go insane"
Old 12-29-2008, 03:58 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Default The Ultimate

Where have you been hidding at You Rascal have not seen you on Wattflyers for a while I am in the planing stages of making a 72" W/S Foamy Bi Plane, bought the cowels, Depron & CF tube, I am going to make it something in between these two bi planes, Wish me luck, Take care, Chellie
Good choice! I love the Ultimate - the best flying bipe in my opinion. In fact I'm putting one together wrong right now - OOPS! got the top & bottom ailerons mixed up and having to re-hinge them; I've decided to use pin hinges instead of CA hinge. Other than that it's going well. I did not like the covering in two places on this GP model though but you won't notice it in the air and it won't make a difference in how it flies.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Hi Chellie
I haven't been posting much lately, my working at home (My Gal works in town) means I get to double as Mr. Mom....LOL
Kids have about 4 weeks off at Christmas time, so they require much more time and attention.

I saw your post about the 6' foam bipe...
When you get to a production phase, I might need one of those...

Originally Posted by caltrop View Post
Good choice! I love the Ultimate - the best flying bipe in my opinion. In fact I'm putting one together wrong right now - OOPS! got the top & bottom ailerons mixed up and having to re-hinge them; I've decided to use pin hinges instead of CA hinge. Other than that it's going well. I did not like the covering in two places on this GP model though but you won't notice it in the air and it won't make a difference in how it flies.
I Completely agree about the Ultimate bipe flying the best...

I have the little electric GP Ultimate Bipe, and it is my favorite plane yet.
I have had so many "mishaps" with it (Mostly Low Voltage Cutoff while hovering etc. low to the ground), yet it still flies extremely well.

If you have the little electric one, I highly recommend reinforcing the tail surfaces!! I have ripped apart the horizontal stabs a few times in high G manuevers. Also some flat carbon fiber strip on the elevators helps to!!!
I once folded one side of the elevator, right before a flat spin, and it did the most beautiful knife edge flat spin!!...LOL On accident....
It still flew great, and landed perfectly in that condition!!

I also agree about the covering on it.....not the best job, but it works.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Kirsty_Carnage

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
"If we couldn't laugh , We would all go insane"

Who is this woman Sane?

Kirsty xx
Old 12-29-2008, 08:07 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Default GP Ultimate

YEP! That's what I got. I've heard about it folding under hi-G. I'm thinking of some reinforcments. I don't plan on getting that rough with it like I do my foamies that glue back together better.

I'm looking at the E-flite Ultimate later when I have some money. It's a bit bigger and stronger than the Great Planes version.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2750
Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Originally Posted by caltrop View Post
YEP! That's what I got. I've heard about it folding under hi-G. I'm thinking of some reinforcments. I don't plan on getting that rough with it like I do my foamies that glue back together better.

I'm looking at the E-flite Ultimate later when I have some money. It's a bit bigger and stronger than the Great Planes version.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2750
Here are photos of the crude reinforcements I did on the tail. Ugly, but works perfectly.

Some flat carbon strips, some carbon rod, and some square basswood where the stab meets the fuselage (top and bottom) (triangle would have been prettier...LOL)

Name:	GP Ultimate ep 001.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	88359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultimate ep 008.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	88360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultimate ep 006.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	88362  
Old 12-31-2008, 03:52 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Question How Many

So, how many women pilots do we have on WattFlyer?

Half a dozen or so?

-

I'm looking at starting my own business soon so that I don't keep getting laid off or the company goes out of business. I have friends that have had the same job for over 20 years. The longest I've had was 6 years and that was in the military. If I had my college degree instead of just 3 years things might be different. At least I'm not bored with the same job day after day...

What business am I starting you say? An RC shop of course. Probably won't have time to fly running a business. I guess I could fly in the parking lot after work.
Economic Conditions: November 2008 “Retail Sales Silver Lining”
According to the U.S. Census Bureau:
Only two retail segments showed positive growth in September 2008
1. General Merchandise
2. Sporting Goods, Hobby and Books

September 2008 retail sales at “hobby, toy and games stores” were up 5.2 percent, to $1.23 billion, compared to September 2007.

September 2008 data also showed that year-to-date retail sales at “hobby, toy and game stores” were up 9.6 percent to $11.1 billion through September 2008 compared to the same point in 2007.

According to the Census Bureau, sales at “hobby, toy and game stores” in 2008 have been up every month in 2008 compared to 2007.
Items like Horizon's micro flyers have had a big impact on RC sales. Those little planes (Cessna, Ember, Vapor) and the Blade micro CX have been selling FAST! There's new stuff in the works for this spring, a new fully aerobatic Bind-N-Fly micro plane has a video here on WattFlyer. The neat thing about Horizon's micro's is that they're repairable; no more fly, crash, & in the trash. The micro planes are true backyard flyers but the big planes are still fun too.

Here's the post by someone at Horizon:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...56&postcount=1

-

Later
Old 12-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Caltrop! That's GREAT information! May I ask where you found it?

I'd like to point my father (who's financially backing my hobby business) to that "official" web site. Maybe it would change his mind about our economic times (and the timing of opening my store).
Old 12-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Franny
Stupid Gravity!

Default The New Hotness

Hi all,

If a woman's place is in the kitchen, check out my new kitchen!!! This is where I will cook up my next projects. There is no stove, but I do have an iron (albeit a small one), a good vent fan, and lots of counter tops!

So, we just finished the basement and the craft room was high on my list. I built the work benches out of Melamine board and 3/4" MDF. Those are ceiling tiles placed upside down for building.

No Craft Room is complete without a movie system! I swiped the 37" LCD from the bedroom and I wired the room for sound before drywall. I also have a nice window and glass french doors that open to the workout room. Light is a bunch of 50W halogen bulbs on a nice swivel fixture. That carpet is nice to capture small run-away screws and to cover up the crapely poured concrete floor.

Now, what to start first? I think the big triplane...

Happy New Years everyone!!!

Franny

Name:	P8124925.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	88610   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8124924.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	88611   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4099000.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	88612   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4048333.JPG
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	88613   Click image for larger version

Name:	P5300153.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	88614  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA262041.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	88615   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC273884.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	88616   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC273917.JPG
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	88617   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC273918.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	88618   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC273921.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	88619  

Old 12-31-2008, 09:48 PM
MustangMan
Community Moderator

That's a SWEET looking, and ROOMY setup. I'm really envious!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Franny
Stupid Gravity!

Default Totaly...

One of life's best pleasures... To sit in a comfy room and watch some Simpsons or Next Gen and glue little bits of balsa together. I'm psyched!!

Here is a photo of the "Hole" at the last house... Try to unfold a 3M sailplane in there!!

f

Name:	P5270517.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	88620  
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 PM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by Franny View Post
One of life's best pleasures... To sit in a comfy room and watch some Simpsons or Next Gen and glue little bits of balsa together. I'm psyched!!

Here is a photo of the "Hole" at the last house... Try to unfold a 3M sailplane in there!!

f
Mmmkay... if you built those beautiful planes in there... I should be able to build a full-scale Eaglerock on my kitchen table
Old 01-01-2009, 12:36 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Caltrop Good for you, You Go Girl, I will be doing the same, but MFG planes so you can sell them for me I will PM you later about the details, I think you will like them, Also, Link to nitroplanes.com every sales that you redirect from your web page, you receive a 5% commision, do that with a few companies, and that will help to finance your New Buisness, also redirecting people to PayPal to sign up, at times pays dividens up to $25.00 per person that signs up for a paypal account, Good luck to you in your new endeavors, Chellie
Old 01-01-2009, 12:41 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Franny Dang Girl, You Just remodeled your last home, and now your remodeling a new home I wish i had your energy That looks great, Nice work, Did you build the speakers into the wall I though that what I understood Take Care and Happy new years to you and everyone Chellie
Old 01-01-2009, 12:44 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Happy New Years Everyone

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADdc8LefL0[/media]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:45 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Mmmkay... if you built those beautiful planes in there... I should be able to build a full-scale Eaglerock on my kitchen table
Go For it Jasmine I dare you Happy New Years, Chellie
Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Franny View Post

f

I Want A Copy of the Bi Plane Plans, That are hanging on the Wall Chellie
Old 01-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Hi jasmine,
I'd like to see those photos.......

Quick Reply: Women Pilots On Wattflyer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12184 seconds with 27 queries