E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Binding Issue with Older CP+

Old 05-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Stringrazor

Default Binding Issue with Older CP+

My wife picked up an older Eflite Blade CP+ for $25 at a garage sale. It had been crashed but I like working on helis (I have a Super CP, V922, H911, and a 3ch and have gotten really good at repairs). I needed a new battery and skids before I could test anything (well, battery at least). On the first bench-test power up, it seemed to bind ok and respond to the Tx as I expected. When I took it outside to attempt a hover though, it wouldn't bind properly. Now every time I attempt a bind, the Rx LEDs just flashes randomly from red to green very quickly and the servos and motors (when I had the motors connected) also activate randomly. When I turn the Tx off, the servos stop and the Rx LEDs cycle red/green slowly.

The lipo is brand new and charging properly with the stock charger and the TX power LEDs are in the green. Inside the Tx the antenna connection is secure from the antenna to the solder pad on the board. The Rx antenna looks ok too. The Idle up SW is in the off position. I cleaned the pots in the Tx with cleaner spray. I've opened the Rx and checked continuity of the antenna wire from the solder pad to the tip of the wire at the skids. I've moved locations in case it was an interference issue. I've cleaned the contacts and reseated the crystal in both Tx and Rx.

I know this is an outdated heli but I'm in for a few bucks now and was SO close to being able to fly it. Is anyone familiar with this model and have any idea what's wrong? What else can I try?