General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

I wish they still made....

Old 10-20-2005, 02:36 AM
LuckyArmpit
Rehab is for quitters

Default I wish they still made....

There are some models that are out of production that I wish they still made. 1st would be an FMA Razor. I still have one. Its about 4 years old and has over 600 flights. The original FMA speed 400 motor lasted about 550 flights. This was with using 8 cell and 7 cell batt packs. I'm still using the original 5.5x4 MAS prop!!! I have a QRP Hyper reverse 400 in it now.
2nd, I still wish the Projeti was still around. I know there are some shops in the UK that have it. And, someone mentioned Hobby Lobby getting it.
Superb flier!!!!! I also had a Multiplex model that the now Microjet replaced. This was also a very stable flier! Hand launched really easy.
I had one that was bought off of ebay for a measily $20. Aint kiddin!!!!
The seller was selling it because he couldn't get it to fly. I checked the CG according to instructions, popped in a Kan 8 cell pack and off it went!!!
Sadly, it was destroyed by a model eating tree on the farm here after I came out of a triple roll.
All three of these many people had and loved. Surely, the molds for the foam are around. It'd be nice to see these in production again.

Dave...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:11 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

I miss my UHU from Graupner. It was a fun plane to fly, not to learn on mind you as I was told at the LHS but to fly. Another was that Kyosho high wing I-can't-remember-the-name-of-the-thing... It was a nice flyer with the stock motor and a 8 cell pack but the foam was brittle.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:11 AM
tim hooper
Single-task man

Default Balsacraft models

There are a lot of UK-based modellers who mourn the passing of the Balsacraft range of WW2 fighters.

I saw this happy gent fly his Balsacraft Sea Fury at the recent Pillerton Hersey (I kid you not...) Fly-in.

tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_2715.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	2845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_2719.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	2846  
Old 10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
jonnyjetprop

Projeti

John
Old 10-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Elfwreck
PHD in Crashology

Hey now,
I'm still kicking myself over not buying the Balsacraft Sea Fury when it was available. At the time I wasn't quite ready for that much model and thought I'd wait a year or so till I could fly it well enough to make it last.
Wouldn't you know? By that time it was gone.
These days if I can afford it today, I buy it today even if I'm not planning on building it for a year or more. Especialy if it's from a small company.
RobII
Old 10-20-2005, 07:47 PM
U2Steve
Ann Can Fly, and So Can I

I wish I'd kept my Graupner Sunwheel. Stock, it was unflyable (underpowered for all that drag) but it was a pretty airplane, and the new Lipos and outrunner motors would have been cured its power woes easily.

Steve
Old 10-21-2005, 02:30 AM
LuckyArmpit
Rehab is for quitters

I remember the sunwheel. Nice looking plane! Stock power systems!!!
Just about the only ones that work worth a bunk are the 400 pusher models like a zagi etc. And even then, if your used to a little speed and zip, that 400 aint gonna impress you any.

Dave...
Old 10-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

Default Sea Fury Kit

To Elfwreck, how big of a model are you looking for? Top Flite makes a 64" balsa kit of the "Sea Fury". Sized for 61-91 2 stroke glow, 842 square inches, 10-12 lbs. Price $ 189.00 from "Great Hobbies"
http://www.greathobbies.com
Ron
P.S., Wish they still made the "Davey" Fly Baby!
Old 10-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Elfwreck
PHD in Crashology

Hey now,
I know about the Top Flight model, and a few others in that size range, but the biggest motor I've got is a Hacker B-50-13s with gear box (6.7:1) and that just isn't enough power for a model that size. It's also a little big for the field I normaly fly from and the car I drive.
I'd like something the size of the Balsacraft model, somewhere around 48-54"" span that I could drop my Astro 15g or Phasor 30-3 in on ten or so cells (or 3s LiPo).
RobII
Old 10-24-2005, 04:10 PM
tashley

Originally Posted by Don07tncav View Post
I miss my UHU from Graupner. It was a fun plane to fly, not to learn on mind you as I was told at the LHS but to fly. Another was that Kyosho high wing I-can't-remember-the-name-of-the-thing... It was a nice flyer with the stock motor and a 8 cell pack but the foam was brittle.
I miss my UHU too.