Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Learning......

Old 12-09-2007, 03:46 PM
newguy
nice skids

Default Learning......

Since I am new, I am hoping someone can shed some light....
I have a Blade CP, what are the advantages of switching to:
Belt driven tail rotor?
aluminum swashplate?
I am sure I will think of other questions the further I get involved!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:26 AM
dizzymarkus

I am still new yet also but I will light the candle and hopefully others will burn the fire lol

The CNC head has alot less "slop" in it which translates into better control. It is a much more percision piece and much stronger.

The belt driven tail -- I have just done this mod to my axe cp -- You wont have to worry about tail motors burning up, or tail wandering problems as the belt drives the tail off from the main gear -- IE when you throttle up the tail throttles up also. The geared tails IMO are touchy and problematic. They have a standard pitch to them where the belt tail blades actually change their pitch to maintain heading. It sounds confusing and hope Im explaining it good enough. Hers a pic of the belt drive -- You will notice a servo now controls the tail and is driven off the main gear. There is more to it but that depends if you want a kit or gonna do it yourself etc. Hope this helps some

Markus

PLEASE SEE POST #5034 FOR PICS
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...10525&page=336
Old 12-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Aubie
Polecat

Belt drive helps keep the tail in check so to speak. The electric tail motors cant keep the tail where its supposed to be and will burn out if pushed hard. I went through 3 tailmotors on my cp pro just learning to flip it inverted.

On the head cnc is less slop as markus said. Which equalls to smoother controll

If this is your first heli I wouldnt worry about doing alot of upgrades to it at the moment. Use it to learn all aspects of hovering on and slow forward flight and then move up to a better heli.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:14 AM
newguy
nice skids

I really appreciate the replies!!! I am sure I will be crashing in no time! LOL Thanks again!!