Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

PZ Spitfire Rebuild. Need Help

Old 05-07-2008, 02:01 PM
thehaze
Crash Technician

Question PZ Spitfire Rebuild. Need Help

Hopefully someone out there can help me out with this....

Recently my PZ Spitfire had a slight mishap and ended up nosing into the ground. I have all the parts I need to rebuild it but one thing is confusing me. The Antenna broke free of the ESC/RX board (because that part got ejected from the plane) and I can't for the life of me figure out where it solders back onto the board. I've stared at this thing for hours and the location of the broken connection eludes me. Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks,
Old 05-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Larry G
E-Pilot

Originally Posted by thehaze View Post
Hopefully someone out there can help me out with this....

Recently my PZ Spitfire had a slight mishap and ended up nosing into the ground. I have all the parts I need to rebuild it but one thing is confusing me. The Antenna broke free of the ESC/RX board (because that part got ejected from the plane) and I can't for the life of me figure out where it solders back onto the board. I've stared at this thing for hours and the location of the broken connection eludes me. Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks,
I have mine apart right now so I can look at it when I get home from work and let you know where it goes......
Old 05-07-2008, 06:06 PM
thehaze
Crash Technician

Default Thanks,

One more question....

I've got the whole thing together again however the prop keeps loosening it's self off the shaft. When I hand wind the prop it turns one way just fine but when I turn it the other way the bolts just unwind themselves. Is the gear box too stiff? Did I miss something?

I installed the bearings in either side of the gearbox and then I installed a bushing then a nut then a bushing then a nut then the prop then the spinner then a nut.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:51 AM
Larry G
E-Pilot

My prop turns fairly easy both directions. Check the gearbox housing, they break pretty easy. Maybe your motor took a hit on the end? Better pull it off and check it over. I knocked out the rear motor shaft bushing once on mine crashing into rocks.

Looking at the back side of the circut board The antenna wire loops through two holes on the edge of the circut board for strain releif, then solders on a round spot just to the right of a larger hole drilled through the board. If you want a picture e-mail me and I'll send it to you-

[email protected]
Old 05-09-2008, 04:58 AM
thehaze
Crash Technician

Thanks Larry

That helped. I figured out that the pinion and the gear were not meshing right. I removed the motor and reinstalled, seems to turn normally now.