RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What should i do?

Old 11-03-2008, 04:43 AM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Default What should i do?

Well my Hitec Eclipse 7 is somewhat poopin out on me, and i have that ooo ahhh feeling about the Dx7 like ahh i want it! but then again, for the prices of receivers and stuff, plus the range part i heard im kinda pulled away from the Dx7 thought.

My eclipse 7 has a lot of problems(not sure if my warranty is still good or if it can get fixed by someone) but yeah ive got a broken trainer switch, my system freezes sometimes, the trim buttons use to freeze, get this i cant get my antennae part off because it broke off where it screws into the tx so i can spin it around and around but i cant pull it off. and my antennae is snapped in half... soooo my planes can only fly 200yds or so then they lose reception bad...

so i mean maybe i could get it fixed, or i could try to sell it along with some other stuff and get a Dx7? im trying to stay with the 7+ch computer memory with programmable mixes and stuff but be affordable enough to be used comfortably. maybe ill just get my Eclipse 7 fixed but i dont want to send it away for a long time and not be able to fly

i dont know... what should i do?
Old 11-03-2008, 04:56 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by GreenAce92 View Post
Well my Hitec Eclipse 7 is somewhat poopin out on me, and i have that ooo ahhh feeling about the Dx7 like ahh i want it! but then again, for the prices of receivers and stuff, plus the range part i heard im kinda pulled away from the Dx7 thought.

My eclipse 7 has a lot of problems(not sure if my warranty is still good or if it can get fixed by someone) but yeah ive got a broken trainer switch, my system freezes sometimes, the trim buttons use to freeze, get this i cant get my antennae part off because it broke off where it screws into the tx so i can spin it around and around but i cant pull it off. and my antennae is snapped in half... soooo my planes can only fly 200yds or so then they lose reception bad...

so i mean maybe i could get it fixed, or i could try to sell it along with some other stuff and get a Dx7? im trying to stay with the 7+ch computer memory with programmable mixes and stuff but be affordable enough to be used comfortably. maybe ill just get my Eclipse 7 fixed but i dont want to send it away for a long time and not be able to fly

i dont know... what should i do?

Dang GreenAce, have you been using you transmitter for a Hammer Why is it all beat up Ok here you go, Take Good Care of it when you buy it Take care, Chellie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D42
Old 11-03-2008, 05:29 AM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

dang thats nice! only problem is is that its JR so none of my hitec stuff woud work with it i dont think either its opposite shifts or its something else
Old 11-03-2008, 06:25 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by GreenAce92 View Post
dang thats nice! only problem is is that its JR so none of my hitec stuff woud work with it i dont think either its opposite shifts or its something else
the hitec Receiver is auto shift, it will work with it, I use a Jr Radio with Hitec receivers , but its best to start buying Berg receivers, as they are the best of the best for FM, never a glitch, its almost like having a 2.4 radio, as they will lock onto your Transmitter, Take care, Chellie

http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...user_guide.pdf

I like the 4L receiver in my foamies
Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

A JR FM Radio & a Berg Receiver is a hard combination to Beat for FM, Very very solid and Reliable, only a 2.4 is better IMHO
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

These folks at Radio South will fix your Eclipse. Tony Stillman, who owns Radio South is also a District Vice President for AMA.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Thanks all
Old 11-03-2008, 01:16 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

What range problems with the DX7??? I have not heard of any folks complaining of range issues with that radio. Both mine and my Sons have been an awesome radio, as is everyone else I know who has one.

You can get your eclipse fixed up and have it good as new for less money than the purchase of a new radio for sure.

If not and you want to keep all your current rx stuff just buy another used Eclipse.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 PM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Yeah i think i will get the Eclipse fixed up i got used to it ,except i was trying to figure out how to setup reverse servos when using the costum mixing program because i had a v-tail setup with 2 servos, and when i use the right stick ch2 i would have both servos move up and down, then use left stick ch4 i would have them move the same way, but i could only get the servos(using master and slave programming) to go one way...

aside note my plane died today lol, it got ripped in half, but a minor part of the problem i was trying to trim it out, and my trim buttons kinda froze i guess.... sooo... yeah im like trim trim!!! lol as the plane was rolling over and going into the ground...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

So what range issue are you talking about with the DX7?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 PM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Well i "read" somewhere because i was radio shopping studying 2.4ghz versus 72mhz but anyways i read somewhere that 2.4ghz has less range than 72mhz radios, especially when you fly big models like you have to be aware how far away they are(of course same thing with 72mhz but not as bad) i mean anyways it makes sense higher frequency less distance
Old 11-04-2008, 12:09 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Can't say as I saw that anywhere. I would be curious to know where you saw it. I routinely fly my 6ft Waco and my 80" cub as far away as I can see them and have seen no issues with range.

Range is not an issue with DX7's!

I'm glad you got your radio sorted out though. Good for you.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:49 AM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

alright well when i come across that info again some day ill post it maybe i could find it hang on maybe its not the Dx7's maybe its the younger versions
Old 11-04-2008, 02:56 AM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Originally Posted by rca View Post
I'll see if I can give you some input. I own an Optic 6 and a DX6. Personally I prefer the Optic 6 but that may because I owned it first. I find it to be easier to program.

As far as range in concerned, the DX6 is sold as a park flyer radio, but I'm not sure exactly what the range limitation is. Normally on the size aircraft I fly, mostly park sized stuff like GWS planes, scratchbuilt foamies and such it has plenty of range.

The Optic 6 has 8 model memories and the DX6 has 10, so you get 2 more with the DX6.

As far as receivers go, I have 2 AR6000 receivers. They cost about $45 a piece. I use the Corona or Vampowerpro receivers with my Optic 6 and they usually cost about $20 for a receiver and crystal. So I get a little more than 2 planes in the air for the cost of one receiver for the DX6. I have a lot more 72mhz receivers than I do 2.4ghz because of the cost.

DX6 has all the same features you listed that the Optic 6 does.

My question is what are you looking to fly? If it's big planes that need great range, go with the Optic 6. If it is park flyer stuff either radio will work. I would say you probably do not need the package with all the servos and the 5 channel receiver, but that is assuming you fly park flyer stuff. The 5 channel receiver is normally overkill and heavier than the 4 channel variety I use. I also routinely use the cheap 9 gram servos from China these days, since they are about $4 a piece. You could save yourself some money and get more equipment by purchasing just the radio and then the receiver and servos separately.

Just my 2 cents. I personally am more comfortable with my Optic 6, but jus because I like the programming methods better.

I hope that helps.

Ron

You will probably be happy with either one, so just make a decision.

got this here see part about range but this is Dx6 though,
hmm k well i want a Dx7 lol its just ahh ohh i want it! lol

but ill stick with my eclipse 7 im getting used to it.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:59 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Well there ya have it. The original DX6 was indeed a parkflyer radio with limited stated range.

Not the case for the DX6I and the DX7. These are full range radios, always have been.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:14 AM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

cool cool maybe i will just go into Dx6i get this radio fixed and keep it for a flyin buddie

but that wont happen for a while, unless santa has no stock problems