General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Multiplex Acromaster Setup

Old 01-08-2011, 03:17 AM
mr.warriorz

Default Multiplex Acromaster Setup

hey guys im thinking of building an acromaster and i need your opinion on a decent electronic setup.... Thanks.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:10 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Welcome to Wattflyer

Check out HeadsUpRC, I've always had good luck with his recommended set ups and he has great service.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM
squidger

I have an Acromaster and use a Himax 3516-1130kv motor running a 11x5.5 prop powered by a 3s 2200 lipo with a 60 amp esc. Plenty of power for all manoevres. Will hang off the prop at just over half throttle. Flight times vary depending on how much throttle you use but average flight times are 12 to 15 mins.

As long as you use a motor capable of around 300 watts you will have full 3d capability. I have flown on a 200 watt motor and it flies ok but vertical climbs really suffered. Heres a link to the official Multiplex power set up.

http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/...ManCode=332640
Old 01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
DanWard

I'm using the following:

TR 35-42C 1100kv Brushless Outrunner (Eq: 2820)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2139

and

TURNIGY Plush 60amp Speed Controller
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2166

I've had this plane flying now for quote a while and so far no regrets. Takeoff role is about 2 feet. Vertical is unlimited. And with 2200mah 3S1P packs I'm getting 7 to 8 minutes of flight time.

I'm no bog 3D flying. I'm a sport arobatic flyer getting back into the hobby but I am well please with my setup

Hope it helps.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:41 PM
wolfewinde

How do you guys think this plane would do on a 250 watt HiMax 3510-1100 as an agile sport plane - not really into 3d - just want something that will slow down and still do some aerobatics. Looking for a home for the motor which I already have.

Wolfe
Old 09-23-2011, 11:49 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I am setting one up myself using a hacker motor with a 12x6 I am going to try a 11.5 first. http://www.aero-model.com/Hacker-Bru...30-16M-V2.aspx
For rudder and stab 2 hitec 82 mg servos, for the ailerons I am using 2 9g mg servos from Heads up. Batteries are the gens ace 3c 20A 2200mah battery from HobbyPartz I have a few of these all ready.

I have been following a long thread on RCgroup most of the good stuff is from page 140, and on with some good tips. This is a long thread I would start in the middle and move along. One thing most agree on is the nose needs some reinforcing to handle the torque from the motor/prop good tips in there on how to do this and the weak landing gear mount and how to fix this area also.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474738

From the reviews by people that are flying this in the thread is they love it for both pattern and 3D depending on the setup.
I am waiting for the motor to come in before I start on this plane. Only thing I have done so far is wash the all the parts down with rubbing alcohol to get the mold release off of them.
Good luck with yours I can't wait to get this in the air myself.
John
Old 09-24-2011, 12:04 AM
DanWard

Well I like mine, no real regrets. And it has taken some punishment and I'm surprised to say you can't find but a very small blemish.

I did fully glass the inside of cheeks, motor mounts, etc. And I did the carbon fiber landing gear modification. Which I think both are a must do.

And all my cheap Hobby King motor and esc has been great.

I'll never be a big 3D guy. I'd like to be but I'm just not sure it is in the cards, age, reflexes, etc.

I like trying and knowing I have a plane that could 3D. What I really like is sport aerobatic, is that the way you say it? Old school aerobatics maybe? With an occasional glimmer if 3D out there in the future, maybe...

I don't want to take anything away from the Acromaster. But recently I purchased the $150 edge 540 from 3DHS and I'll tell you I'm very impressed. It does the type of flying I like to do the way I like to do it and for $20 bucks more than the Acromaster...If I knew then what I know now...I really like the 3DHS plane!!! And customer service, Oh gesh you can't beat 3DHS. I don't know where I would turn if I broke something on the Acromaster.

Again, don't get me wrong. Where I was when I purchased the Acromaster it was and still is great. But if someone offered me a crystal ball back then...I might not have done it.

Before I finish I think plane technology has changed a lot since the Acromaster was designed. I'm no guru, how long has it been around? The the 3DHS Edge 540 is brand new design. And given I know nothing I think the age difference makes for a better plane. I can screw up and scare myself with the Acromaster. But with the Edge, it never drops a tip even when it should, It flies out of anything even when it shouldn't, etc, etc, etc

Have I been any help? I hope so. I don't think you would be dissapointed with the Acromaster...but there are other options for about the same money.

End of my 2 cents
Old 09-24-2011, 12:36 AM
wolfewinde

Thanks for taking the time to post that - nice looking plane - I will consider that one

Wolfe