ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

My Parkzone micro t-28

Old 12-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Dean in Milwaukee

Default My Parkzone micro t-28

I've been playing with this one again with the new indoor season being here. It was my first micro single cell plane, and flew so well I bought 3 more. I was very suprised something this small could fly this precisely and look so scale like in the air. I did some minor modifying which enhanced its flight abilities and looks in the air. Heres some pics: Parkzone t-28 I hope you all like them.
Dean in Milwaukee
Old 12-22-2011, 04:49 PM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Thumbs up

Hi Dean
Pleased to meet you
Very nice site and a very nice hanger
You have some wonderful looking aircraft
Thanks ever so much for sharing them with us
Take care
Yours Hank
Old 12-22-2011, 06:31 PM
CNY_Dave

With some added weight (repairs) it's a handfull in a single-basketball court sized indoor space, I'd love to have a large indoor area to fly mine.

If I had a spare 80 bucks I'd get a brand new one!

Dave
Old 12-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Dean in Milwaukee

I have actually considered doing another with the parkflyer plastics canopy kit and tiny brite lights light set.

Dean in Milwaukee
Old 02-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Mainuh
No parachute needed

Default T-28 micro vs cub or champ micro for 1st electric ?

Originally Posted by Dean in Milwaukee View Post
I've been playing with this one again with the new indoor season being here. It was my first micro single cell plane, and flew so well I bought 3 more. I was very suprised something this small could fly this precisely and look so scale like in the air. I did some minor modifying which enhanced its flight abilities and looks in the air. Heres some pics: Parkzone t-28 I hope you all like them.
Dean in Milwaukee
Hey Dean,

Nice looking site and good info on the T-28. I'm just getting back into the hobby after many years away (was glow engines prior). No electric experience yet. Have Phoenix v3 sim and over 60 hours on that and feeling very comfortable. It really was like riding a bicycle and all came back quickly (hadn't flown RC since late 90's). In the sim, my favorite of all is the T-28. I plan to get a big one once I get a little stick time with a micro. Had been leaning towards a Cub or champ micro to start, but with previous experience and I'll probably have 100 or more hours sim time before weather is good enough to fly here in Maine, do you think I could safely start with the T-28 micro vs a cub or champ? I know the high wings are slow and forgiving, but I really am feeling very comfortable and making full speed inverted passes the length of the runway with the T-28 in the sim. If you've flown the micro high wings vs the T-28, I'd be curious of your opinion (and anyone else reading with experience on both). Thanks!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
TopSpin

I love the T-28 micro it flys like a dream indoors or out if the wind is very calm. I also have the F4U and I'm looking at getting the Beast Bipe shortly.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Dean in Milwaukee

Originally Posted by Mainuh View Post
Hey Dean,

Nice looking site and good info on the T-28. I'm just getting back into the hobby after many years away (was glow engines prior). No electric experience yet. Have Phoenix v3 sim and over 60 hours on that and feeling very comfortable. It really was like riding a bicycle and all came back quickly (hadn't flown RC since late 90's). In the sim, my favorite of all is the T-28. I plan to get a big one once I get a little stick time with a micro. Had been leaning towards a Cub or champ micro to start, but with previous experience and I'll probably have 100 or more hours sim time before weather is good enough to fly here in Maine, do you think I could safely start with the T-28 micro vs a cub or champ? I know the high wings are slow and forgiving, but I really am feeling very comfortable and making full speed inverted passes the length of the runway with the T-28 in the sim. If you've flown the micro high wings vs the T-28, I'd be curious of your opinion (and anyone else reading with experience on both). Thanks!

I think you'll have no trouble at all with the t-28, especially if you keep the throws down and maybe use some expo.

Dean in Milwaukee
Old 02-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Mainuh
No parachute needed

Default say what?

Originally Posted by Dean in Milwaukee View Post
I think you'll have no trouble at all with the t-28, especially if you keep the throws down and maybe use some expo.

Dean in Milwaukee
I'm new enough to electrics and my DX5e, that I don't have a clue what either of those things mean, but I'm sure I'll figure it out! Thanks.

(Just re-read your website and think you mean not changing the aileron throws right away, but no idea what expo is... exponential something?)

Last edited by Mainuh; 02-05-2012 at 02:52 AM. Reason: add info
Old 02-05-2012, 04:00 AM
Dean in Milwaukee

Originally Posted by Mainuh View Post
I'm new enough to electrics and my DX5e, that I don't have a clue what either of those things mean, but I'm sure I'll figure it out! Thanks.

(Just re-read your website and think you mean not changing the aileron throws right away, but no idea what expo is... exponential something?)
I don't belive your dx5e has expo, ( yes its exponental, make controls less touchy), but it does have dual rates. Use this to remove some of the control surface movement (throws) untill you get comfortable flying it.

Good luck!
Dean
Old 02-06-2012, 06:33 PM
TopSpin

Set the ailerons to about 45 percent and the elevator to 50 percent to start. If you feel like you need more control just flip the dual rate switch.

The DX-5 does have expo, look in the manual and set the maximum travel for all servos Rudder, Elevator, and Ailerons at 95 percent. That will protect them from locking up.

It is a very easy plane to fly but if your not pretty good at it be sure there is little to no wind until you get used to it.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:45 PM
CNY_Dave

The DX5e does not have expo or adjustable throws.

The dual-rate switch is good for limiting throws to about 70%.

Dave
Old 02-07-2012, 04:26 PM
TopSpin

Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
The DX5e does not have expo or adjustable throws.

The dual-rate switch is good for limiting throws to about 70%.

Dave
You are right Dave, I was looking at my neighbors DX6i and didn't realize the DX5 is not a computer radio. I have an older DX7 and I wish I had waited for the 7s but but live and learn.

John.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM
CNY_Dave

Heh, DX5e is my 'top-of-the-line' transmitter, and will need to be for awhile.

Only have 2 micros and a 5lbs trainer so far, so no expo etc is not killing me yet, although I'm sure it would make a clean landing easier.

Dave
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM
TopSpin

I hear you Dave. I got the DX6 when it first came out and had five planes set up with old AR6000 receivers at fifty bucks a shot. When they came out with the DX7 and DSM2 I got one and started buying the newer receivers. Then they went to DSMX a year later but my TX isn't compatible so now I have to wait a couple of years before I can get a new radio.

By the way, I kept my old Futaba 72 MHZ radio and I still use it. I bet you could get one for next to nothing and they have all the programmable goodies.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:10 PM
BroncoSquid
Workin on it...

First flight on my T-28 on sunday. Good durability through 4 crashes. One landing gear mount riped off. (gorilla glue repair) Needed alot of down eveator trim. Probably going to need a new fuse before long. Loved it, can't wait to fly it again.