Here is What I am Doing in SECRET - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Here is What I am Doing in SECRET

Old 10-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Stick Dude

Hot foot Jag, I saw the v-12 xjs with it hood up, I saw all the tubes wires and doo-dads under the hood and said, "Nope not fer me" LOL! I rode in a cobra kit car with a 427 side oiler, and buddy that sucker screamed, and smoked the wheels! All 4 door taxi cab style cars do look the same, Ha! different grills are the meal of the day, those cars are fer some but not fer me. Gotta luv the quirks, makes life interesting, burnouts baby, burnouts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1989-ford-mustang-burnout.jpg (37.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 10-27-2018, 08:18 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

The V12 XJS as you should know is a totally different ball-game from the V12 E-Type ...

The XJS was a far more refined machine and the engine for that was a totally revamped unit instead of the buy-in used for the E-Type.

Interesting that later model Corvette, along with some other 'classic US names' sent their engines to UK for final honing and tuning - then returned to USA for bolting into the cars ! UK may have lost so much in general car manufacture - but still ranks top notch for engine tuning ... F1 etc. Even the Germans bow to it ... much to their disdain !!

Nigel
Old 10-28-2018, 01:51 AM
Stick Dude

Yeuppers, I reckon it was the 90-93 vette twin overhead cam, lotus tuned machine. USofA and UofK, go back and forth with cool products for many, many years. Remember Step toe and son, we had a funny verson called Sanford and Son, with Redd Foxx and Lamont and Ester, I saw that show in Savannah GA, for the first time and im still laughing to this day.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fred-sanford-o.gif
Views:	9
Size:	6.59 MB
ID:	187121  
Attached Images
Old 10-28-2018, 07:35 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Steptoe and Son was de-rigour viewing in UK !!

My Son has DVD sets of it and loves it.

Nigel
Old 10-29-2018, 01:54 AM
Stick Dude

We have all the uk classics on PBS, Are u being served, Open all hrs, My fave Red dwarf, the funny Irish series Father ted, Father Jack Drunk all the time, LOL! Benny Hill, Kenny Everett video show, Of course Monty Python, I love Faulty towers, Basil behave! LOL! Good stuff bro, all classics, all good!
Old 10-29-2018, 01:09 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Fawlty Towers .... is based on a small private hotel that John Cleese actually stayed at ...

Have you noted that the opening sequence where you see the driveway up to the hotel ... the Nameboard is spelt differently / letters missing each episode ? There is actually a lot of subtle items in Fawlty Towers that get overshadowed by the gross actions of Basil etc.

If you want to see a series that makes you think about the world we live in ... in UK it was called 'Spooks' ... I think in N. America it was called MI5 ... which its a series based on. Before BBC aired it - they made clear that everything you see in it - even though fictional storylines - is possible and able to to be done ...
Makes you wonder just how much is really private in our lives !

USA TV series that I really liked :

Lie to me ... absolutely brilliant ...

House ....

Sopranos ....

One series that I was a little annoyed they stopped was Law & Order Criminal Intent. It had a clever twist in the main character that made it better than the other L&O series.

Nigel
Old 10-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Stick Dude

Watery Fowels, LOL! I remember that, its a shame it only lasted a short while, Faulty Towers that is. We have Pbs, you know Sesahommie Street, Mr Jolly Rogers and a very nice helping of Uk and Irish funnies, and yeup I have seen Mi-5, some UK goodies totally rule like James Bond 007, nobody does it better, Sean Connery Is the man! Law and order and the Sopranos did rock. And still do!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mgj14mznwb1qlwj92o1_400.gif
Views:	8
Size:	814.0 KB
ID:	187132  
Attached Images
Old 10-29-2018, 05:16 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

One of the funniest clips from Fawlty Towers and cracks me up always :

!!

Nigel