Did You Know? Wattflyer how too's and features articles.

HobbyZone Apprentice STS 1.5

Old 09-22-2021, 03:06 PM
Lukas

Default HobbyZone Apprentice STS 1.5

Hey Guys
So I am new to the hobby, and I just baught my very 1st plane. The HobbyZone Apprentice STS ( RTF version ).

So I have a quick question. The assembly out of the box is pretty straight forward, but I came up with something I need help with. I followed the assembly instuctions, but with it fully assembled my nose wheel and rudder does not line up. When the rudder is straight the nose wheel is at an angle to the left, ( The rudder and nkse wheel are on the same servo) There is only 1 way the nose wheel would fit as it has a flat spot on the shaft that is held in place by a screw. I am not surr if I am just making a beginner mistake or do you think it is a factory fault?
I am looking forward to any suggestions thank you in advance!
Old 09-22-2021, 04:41 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Welcome to WattFlyer and the world of RC flight!

There are a couple things you can do. First, look at Page 21 of the manual and make sure the wires/clevises are in the proper holes per the Factory Settings for the Control Horns and Servo Arms. If those are correct, the next thing to do is adjust the rudder trim so that the nose wheel is straight. Then remove the clevis from the rudder and turn it in the necessary direction on the threaded rod until the rudder is aligned.