Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 PM
uglyplane
Ugly planes fly better..

Is the wing glued on? Just trying to see how serviceable this plane is....
Old 08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Tommyr

Ordered one of these yesterday! Can't wait to get it!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

The wing appears to be attached with two-sided tape, but you don't get to the gear through the wing. The gear can be got to by slitting the decal along one fuselage side back to the joint behind the wing. The decal on the other side acts as a hinge, and all the guts (both pieces - RX module and motor) are right there...
Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Aero Ace Ace

The plane doesn't use a replaceable ESC or servos, everything is on one board except for the gearbox. The best way to service the gearbox is to cut a hood into the foam and use double-sided tape to secure it. To service the Rx/ESC/Servos, cutting open the fuse along the decal works.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3516.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	37433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3519.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	37434   Click image for larger version

Name:	board.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	37437  
Old 08-06-2007, 05:48 AM
dotyj

I had fun flying my Cessna 210 last night in the middle school gym. I did notice near the end that I had damaged the wing near the cockpit, so I taped it up.

Still I managed to do some stalls, and a few loops. I love this plane.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
bobbutts

be careful of the servos
I had a very light crash caused by the radio glitch (at about 15' away) it floated lightly to the ground, but somehow stripped the threads on the rudder servo. Sadly since the rx and both servos are one I'm out $50 for the replacement rx.
also my first minium had stripped threads on the elevator servo out of the box.. LHS exchanged it.
So I had all the standard problems. Motor/gear noise, frequent close radio glitches, and servo thread stripping

it is fun to fly though.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:35 PM
autorail1

What is the range on one of these planes? Any one got an Idea.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:12 AM
budokaiboy

Default they're $119 at Ultimate Hobbies

I just got one and I love it! I'm a beginning pilot and I had no trouble flying it around. I can't speak to its' advanced flying characteristics because I'm afraid to try a loop. I've survived several minor crashes. The range is definitely much better than my Megatech Avion (which is also a great micro).

I don't have anything to do with Ultimate Hobbies but I also bought a Kyosho Illusion DF45 and that plane was 50 bucks cheaper than everyone else.

I could see being on the fence for 150 bucks, but for 119 shipped/no tax it's a no-brainer.

Last edited by budokaiboy; 08-13-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Aero Ace Ace

Default Night Flying

Here she is with three LEDs for night flying. The two yellows light up the wings very well, and the red tail light is a blinker. (The blue light in the first pic is my computer.) The LEDs added about one gram, which is a 5.5% increase in weight. No problems flying.

I have two now and both have snapped their prop shafts during a wind gust. (I just won't quit when I should) I'm waiting for parts, but in the meantime I was able to use 5 min epoxy to glue the props back on.

Name:	IMG_1125.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	38009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	38010  
Old 08-13-2007, 07:13 AM
dotyj

That's pretty cool looking.

I've cracked my left wing where it meets the top of the fuselage. I just taped it back together. I should order a spare wing.

I also lost the little spinner, but it doesn't seem to matter much.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

I've cracked my left wing where it meets the top of the fuselage
White glue works wonders on this foam, but it takes a while to dry. Most white glue dries clear so it won't even show. I've had a crack at the LE and another on the horizontal stabilizer, repaired them and let them sit over night, and they were fine the next morning. I made sure the glue coated the foam and made sure it fit exactly back where it was before. The joints are invisible, and the plane has logged 5 or more hours since then. WHite glues stay flexible, which is a good thing with foam. A crafts department glue, Aileen's Flexible 'No-Sew' glue works really well on foam, and it is really cheap
Old 08-13-2007, 04:15 PM
dotyj

Wow. Great advice on the glue. I'll give that a try.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:45 AM
autorail1

Plane is so easy to fly
Old 08-18-2007, 03:38 PM
autorail1

Can any one post an Up close Photo of the elevator horn to see which hole it goes into

Thanks
Old 08-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

Hmmm... Two of them I have here are in the closest hole to the hinge, the third one is in the second hole from the hinge.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:30 PM
MiniCessnaGuy

What is mode 1 & 2 switch on the controller used for? Couldn't find anything in the manual about it.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:38 PM
budokaiboy

Default mode 1 or 2 switch

Good question. I was wondering too. Hopefully microbuilder will be checking this thread. He seems to know his poop.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

Update: Using the inner hole on the elevator horn makes the model pretty sensitive, but it will loop like mad - really tight loops, too. The second hole from the hinge gives much smoother control.

The mode switches in the U.S. version are inoperative - they don't do anything at all. In the non-US market, it allows switching between TX modes (stick configurations).
Old 08-18-2007, 07:51 PM
xuzme720
c'mere Monkey

Location: Just North of Houston.Heard of Dayton? I didn't think so...

I don't have this plane, but could the switch be for dual rates? make it mild or wild...um, less mild maybe?

on edit:I see. must have posted while I was reading...
Old 08-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by MiniCessnaGuy View Post
What is mode 1 & 2 switch on the controller used for? Couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

On the U.S versions it does nothing. It only works on the European version. I believe it switches stick inputs.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Bill W2BT
Bill W2BT

Flew my 210 for the first time today....without a hitch or glitch...and brought it home in one piece...amazin' !
Old 08-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by Bill W2BT View Post
Flew my 210 for the first time today....without a hitch or glitch...and brought it home in one piece...amazin' !
It's a BLAST isn't it?! I LOVE IT.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:49 PM
keon718nyc

Just picked up this plane today from local Hobby shop, All i can say is awsome!!!! Thing flies perfect and can turn and loop no problem. Batteries are great and local flyers were amazed with the clocked fly time of 10.09 minutes!!! I have other 3-4 channel planes but man, in the parking lot was a blast and takes off and lands smooth as can be. I bought 2 more batteries for the plane right after i flew it becouse i know i will be on it for hours at the park. Parts are pretty cheap if crashes but hopng not to break anytime soon. The only one problem that came up was the distance in range, It cut off a few times from a glitch or maybe range not sure, hope others can respond with some info on that as well. The plane is awsome other then that and is worth every penny!!!! Also the plane glides straight as a arrow for great landings on pavement. New to the forum and glad to find out all the info on this post.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by Aero Ace Ace View Post
One problem tonight, the plane repeatedly seemed to lose signal from only a few yards away. Each time, the plane would beep twice, and after 3 seconds would come back to life. This resulted in some minor crashes. The Tx batteries are all reading over 1.5v

Also turning left is much harder than turning right. I increased the size of the rudder but it hasn't helped much.
Too much right thrust?

I had to back off the right thrust angle on my Cox 190. Would barely turn left at all, while flying straight ahead relatively well.

Small Cessnas
Well its not the Parkzone, and its 20", but the Guillows Cessna 150 is a very nice little flyer, with steerable nose wheel too. I'm a fan of clear glass, pilots, and interiors, so it would be nice if they started making these little planes look a bit more realistic. Still nice stuff though.

Bill

Name:	Cessna_Guillows_comp_15_reduced_size.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	39015  
Old 08-24-2007, 09:29 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
Small Cessnas
Well its not the Parkzone, and its 20", but the Guillows Cessna 150 is a very nice little flyer, with steerable nose wheel too. I'm a fan of clear glass, pilots, and interiors, so it would be nice if they started making these little planes look a bit more realistic. Still nice stuff though.

Bill
Sharp plane Bill, but we wouldn't expect less from you.

I agree with the visible interiors. I'ld love to install my own pilots!

Quick Reply: Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17240 seconds with 17 queries