Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Pink Pusher Jet Build

Old 09-25-2007, 02:45 AM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Originally Posted by oimmuk View Post
Watch out Chel, there guys who are saying "Again" I would wonder about...
LOL....If I'd know then what I know now I'd have gotten rid her sooner
Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Talking Up To No Good

Hi Everyone My avatar is my Up To No Good , Look not to bad for a 53 year old female pilot Huh I would love to retire at 55 and just fly fly fly, and i am working on it, just 2 more years, hopefully, maybe, wishing,
having to work full time, takes all of my time away from flying and building I am looking into starting a online buisness that wont take up all of my time, after retirement, Sooo I will be semi retired, I figure I wont be able to fully retire at 55, but semi retired sounds good to me Take care Everyone, Chellie
Old 09-25-2007, 06:28 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Spencer J View Post
Chellie's avatar is creepy lol sweet plane btw, good color choice. If you go to Michaels or some other craft store, they sell clear sheets of 8x10 with a sticky side...great for printing designs on and slapping them on your plane. The next time I put togeather an open-structure balsa plane, I will try using it as a covering alternative
Hi Spencer this pusher jet flies nice, I had some trouble with some of the electronis, I should have known better than veer away from tried and tested electronics that I normally use, I was trying to be Cheap, and it cost me more time, after I got the good stuff in the pusher jet, OMG, it flew great, like if it was on rails, and barrel rolled fast too, no more corona receivers for me, and I am going to stick with my 30 amp esc, I used a 25 amp one, and it shut down on me, with a bigger prop, that never happened with that same prop and motor with a 30amp Esc, Oh well live and learn, Take care, Chellie

Ps let us know how that film covering works out
Old 09-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Superbee
AMA 854276

Chellie

I finally finished my RUSSA [Really Ugly Slow Stick Airplane]. I started back in April and it is based on your design using posterboard. I used poster board, depron, Balsa and plywood. I probably built it strong enough to put a glow engine on [not] but hopefully it will fly. I have to learn how to upload a pic and I can't remember the thread it was on. It weighs in at 21 1/2 oz. without the battery but all other equipment. I hope it will fly. The wing appears that it might flutter but we will find out on the maiden. The red and blue stripes on the rudder were printed on clear Avery label material. It isn't totally clear so when placed over a color it shows sort of a fading of the color underneath. I printed RUSSA, My ama # and name on the same material and put it on the wing. I spray panted the foam with red Krylon [PS don't do it, it eats up the foam] and painted the boom with some dark blue water based enamel I had. 20 Amp esc with a 2810 equivelent brushless.

Last edited by Superbee; 09-28-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:55 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
Chellie

I finally finished my RUSSA [Really Ugly Slow Stick Airplane]. I started back in April and it is based on your design using posterboard. I used poster board, depron, Balsa and plywood. I probably built it strong enough to put a glow engine on [not] but hopefully it will fly. I have to learn how to upload a pic and I can't remember the thread it was on. It weighs in at 21 1/2 oz. without the battery but all other equipment. I hope it will fly. The wing appears that it might flutter but we will find out on the maiden. The red and blue stripes on the rudder were printed on clear Avery label material. It isn't totally clear so when placed over a color it shows sort of a fading of the color underneath. I printed RUSSA, My ama # and name on the same material and put it on the wing. I spray panted the foam with red Krylon [PS don't do it, it eats up the foam] and painted the boom with some dark blue water based enamel I had. 20 Amp esc with a 2810 equivelent brushless.
Hi Superbee thats great to hear that you got your plane done, Krylon makes a paint called SHORT CUTS its safe for foam, use in thin coats or Krylon H2O paint, also use in thin coats as its a little on the heavy side, your plane should fly Ok, because it has a lot of wing area to it, and will carry a lot of weight, Good luck to you on your maiden flight, Waiting on your pictures, take Care, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 10-01-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:28 AM
Superbee
AMA 854276

TRying to upload pictures. How is it done?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:34 AM
Superbee
AMA 854276

Default RUSSA [Really Ugly Slo Stick Airplane]

Trying to upload pictures. How is it done? Hope this works Chellie. I didn't fly today. It was blowing about 10 mph and I am still not considered safe without a buddy box :-). Also closer inspection revealed the upper rudder hinge had not glued to the verticle stabilizer. I used hinges there instead of tape,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	handans planes 028.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	42718   Click image for larger version

Name:	handans planes 020.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	42719   Click image for larger version

Name:	handans planes 026.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	42720   Click image for larger version

Name:	handans planes 022.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	42721   Click image for larger version

Name:	handans planes 023.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	42722  

Last edited by Superbee; 09-30-2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 09-30-2007, 04:38 AM
oimmuk
Monkey Minion

along the top bar of the Quick reply and also on the advanced you will see a small yellowish square this is what you click to link your picture IF you have it posted on a host site like Photobucket....Otherwise you can make it an attachment and post it directly to this forum this is covered in this topic.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:57 AM
Superbee
AMA 854276

Thanks. I think it came out ok. check out my RUSSA based on a design by Chellie. This reminds me of the story of the fellow that was invited out to dinner with Chef Mario of Baked fillet of ocean salmon with asparagus spears. Creamy potatoes with philadelphia cream cheese sauce. and a fine champagne. He asked for the recipe and invited over guests for a dinner. The announcement at the beginning of the meal was this. " I have duplicated Chef Mario's presentation. I didn't have any salmon so I substituted canned tuna fish patties, no Asparagus so I put on some canned green beans and some potato salad for the potato dish. I didnt have any champagne so I substituted club soda. If you don't like the dish you will have to blame Chef Mario becaus it is his recipe." In that spirit I say Blame Chellie if you don't like it LOL
Old 09-30-2007, 05:28 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
Thanks. I think it came out ok. check out my RUSSA based on a design by Chellie. This reminds me of the story of the fellow that was invited out to dinner with Chef Mario of Baked fillet of ocean salmon with asparagus spears. Creamy potatoes with philadelphia cream cheese sauce. and a fine champagne. He asked for the recipe and invited over guests for a dinner. The announcement at the beginning of the meal was this. " I have duplicated Chef Mario's presentation. I didn't have any salmon so I substituted canned tuna fish patties, no Asparagus so I put on some canned green beans and some potato salad for the potato dish. I didnt have any champagne so I substituted club soda. If you don't like the dish you will have to blame Chef Mario becaus it is his recipe." In that spirit I say Blame Chellie if you don't like it LOL
Thats Cute I never Heard that One before, And I am still waiting for the Salmon, Asparagus, Creamy Potatos with Philadelphia cream cheese and fine champagne, :p Your Plane looks Good, and I am sure it will fly well for you too, Thank you for sharing your pics, Take care, Chellie

BTW Its All My Fault I am A Bad Influence, And i Know it, But loving It :p
Old 09-30-2007, 05:46 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Nice job Superbee it looks good. Good luck
Old 09-30-2007, 06:09 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hope to get some Video tomorrow of the pusher jet, Stay tuned ,News at 7:00
Old 09-30-2007, 04:14 PM
oimmuk
Monkey Minion

I like it! You did a great job on the build and Chellie posts some good build threads, I had to go find this one after seeing what you had done. When I get finally situated financially here enough to really get back in the hobby and not just read and talk about it one of her builds will be my entry and this one or the one you did Superbee will be it.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:52 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by oimmuk View Post
I like it! You did a great job on the build and Chellie posts some good build threads, I had to go find this one after seeing what you had done. When I get finally situated financially here enough to really get back in the hobby and not just read and talk about it one of her builds will be my entry and this one or the one you did Superbee will be it.
Thank you Oimmuk for the complements thats the beauty of these flat out foamy builds, they are Cheap fun, the depron or Foam Board is cheap, the towerpro motors are inexpensive, and the electronics are fairly inexpensive too, i think this pusher jet was only about 3 or 4 dollars of depron, and some misc bass wood and epoxy, for just the plane, the electronics are the most expensive part, but can be bought for not to much money, a hitec 4 channel radio is all one needs and some towerpro 9 gram servos, Hope you get to building soon, take care, Chellie
Old 10-01-2007, 05:02 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Everyone well, I wanted to go out and fly my pusher today, but my motor was stopping, Hummm, now what, this pusher jet is the only one that has given me electrical problems, Oh well, FIX IT i took the motor apart, thinking the shaft was bent, after my last crash, but it looked good, put it in a drill motor and turned it, and it looked straight, I also checked the the windings with a ohm meter, and to ground, everything good, Hummmmm , Ok i found it, a loose connection at the motor, its was Single Phasing, I think thats what its called I need to solder those wires together, i just had them crimped, and it got loose, somehow, I will try to fly it tomorrow after work, here are some pics of the jet with the servos, esc ,linkages etc, take care, Chellie

Added Info : ON THE AILERON SERVOS, YOU WILL NEED TO GET a( Y CONNECTOR ) FOR THEM, TO SLIT UP THE SIGNAL, THEN JUST ONE END OF THE Y CONNECTOR PLUGS INTO THE RECEIVER
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	011_1 (3).jpg
Views:	402
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	42813   Click image for larger version

Name:	013_1 (2).jpg
Views:	443
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	42814   Click image for larger version

Name:	014_1 (2).jpg
Views:	430
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	42815   Click image for larger version

Name:	015_1.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	42816   Click image for larger version

Name:	016_1.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	42817  

Click image for larger version

Name:	017_1.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	42818   Click image for larger version

Name:	019_1.jpg
Views:	2431
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	42819   Click image for larger version

Name:	022_1.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	42820  

Last edited by CHELLIE; 11-03-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:54 PM
DavidWent
Holdmybeer and watchthis

BEEEEEE UUUUUUU TTTTT FUL!!!!!

Even if it is PINK! LOL

David
Old 10-02-2007, 03:53 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by DavidWent View Post

Even if it is PINK! LOL

David

Thank you David
Old 10-02-2007, 04:03 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Hi Chellie,
As usual, your builds are always good and you are so informative about them. Everyone appreciates your extra effort so we can understand easily. Thanks.....
Old 10-02-2007, 04:21 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Airhead View Post
Hi Chellie,
As usual, your builds are always good and you are so informative about them. Everyone appreciates your extra effort so we can understand easily. Thanks.....
Thank you Bruce I try to get enough information out there so people will have success in making there own, and having fun flying, is what its all about take care, Chellie
Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Spencer J
ELECTRIC > GAS

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Everyone well, I wanted to go out and fly my pusher today, but my motor was stopping, Hummm, now what, this pusher jet is the only one that has given me electrical problems, Oh well, FIX IT i took the motor apart, thinking the shaft was bent, after my last crash, but it looked good, put it in a drill motor and turned it, and it looked straight, I also checked the the windings with a ohm meter, and to ground, everything good, Hummmmm , Ok i found it, a loose connection at the motor, its was Single Phasing, I think thats what its called I need to solder those wires together, i just had them crimped, and it got loose, somehow, I will try to fly it tomorrow after work, here are some pics of the jet with the servos, esc ,linkages etc, take care, Chellie
I've had the same problem with both of my TowerPro 2180 motors They are both trashed now. I've moved onto the better HXT stuff at UnitedHobbies and the 'Grey' TowerPro motors (Don't know what the diffrence is between the grey and gold, there are no funny caps on the grey and I have not had one fail yet)

Also where did you get that battery and ESC?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:36 AM
Spencer J
ELECTRIC > GAS

Originally Posted by DavidWent View Post

Even if it is PINK! LOL

David
Hey isn't that from the bruce almighty? the one with morgan freeman?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:43 AM
diverdon

Smile

Good pics Chellie ... ... they will make it easy ? I hope to put this together ... Already have the pieces cut out just need to glue it up ... With the booms where they are can you use a 9 inch prop ?? I thought I read where they are 8 inches apart?? Maybe the answer is that there's no way anyone should need to use a 9" prop ??

So what's next Seems like you have done it all ......what about a "3D"(is that what they call them) .. Build a nice big 3D plane ... Have you done one of these yet ?

Well Thanks Sooooo Much ! ! for the Pusher plans .. I really enjoy building these things.... Hope your Day is Good Chellie.. Bye for now , Don J.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:58 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Spencer J View Post
I've had the same problem with both of my TowerPro 2180 motors They are both trashed now. I've moved onto the better HXT stuff at UnitedHobbies and the 'Grey' TowerPro motors (Don't know what the diffrence is between the grey and gold, there are no funny caps on the grey and I have not had one fail yet)

Also where did you get that battery and ESC?
Hi Spencer i got the batteries and esc from Heads up rc, he sells the wow lipo, and its very powerful, here is his link, the lipos are very inexpensive too, Take care, Chellie

http://stores.ebay.com/Heads-Up-RC_B...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://stores.ebay.com/Heads-Up-RC_E...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Ps I learned on the towerpro motors, that you can not cut to shorten the wires on them, as they are soldered leads from the windings, and if cut , the motor wont work, it wants to Single Phase, lesson learned
Old 10-02-2007, 06:02 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Don I would love to do a bigger plane soon, something like the tribute, right now I am making a vector thrust F16 never made a vector thrust plane before, Soooo, its being a challange for sure, I just hope it works out ok, If not, well I tried here is the build link, wish me luck, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25054
Old 10-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Spencer J
ELECTRIC > GAS

I noticed on my two 'gold' towerpro outrunners the color of the windings were diffrent. (Might of been because I fried one :o) One was red and the other was grey...they got to the point where there was more solder than windings and it just was't worth it, espically considering I had other fresh >$30 outrunners at the time. But quite a value. I've used that motor on a Stryker, suprisingly enough. Really hauled too, at around 80ish MPH if not more. I used one of the gnereic 4890 motors and that screamed on the F-27 but only lasted about 10 seconds in the air because the prop adapter busted right off of the smoth shaft. :\ I should of flattened a side, but I don't think that would of done much...

Quick Reply: Pink Pusher Jet Build

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11670 seconds with 24 queries